What Bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2014

TunnelTiger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So my wife and I go to a grocery store last night, one I haven't been to in a while. I know they have a decent but unspectacular spirits section, and swing by to see what's new, not anticipating any real finds. I was right, but did comment that the price on the Buffalo Trace (not seen as commonly on the shelves around here as it used to be) was pretty good. My wife asks why I don't buy it then.

Me: I already have a bottle in reserve.

Her: Just one?

Me: Yeah.

Her: Then you should get another.

My wife. I think I'll keep her.

Received a shipment of two bottles of HHSS today that I had purchased previously. I'm trying to consolidate to fewer open whiskies at a time, but this one is awfully tempting to open.

Mine won't be here till next Monday...noooooooooooooo

Received a shipment of two bottles of HHSS today that I had purchased previously. I'm trying to consolidate to fewer open whiskies at a time, but this one is awfully tempting to open.

So it's been a long time since I've posted, damn work. So here are some pics of my scores.[ATTACH=CONFIG]19364[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19365[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19366[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19367[/ATTACH]

Nice scores NR.

As for me just another bottle of KCSB because I wanted/needed it.

Picked up some FRSBs en route to B'Town (OESF, OBSQ) and an SAOS 7yr BP rye. Also snagged a HH BIB 6yr for good measure. If anyone from GA (or the south in general I guess) is heading to B'town tomorrow and needs help on FRSBs, PM me for details!

Great scores there Gary, would love some tasting notes on that haul sounds delicious!!

Picked up some FRSBs en route to B'Town (OESF, OBSQ) and an SAOS 7yr BP rye. Also snagged a HH BIB 6yr for good measure. If anyone from GA (or the south in general I guess) is heading to B'town tomorrow and needs help on FRSBs, PM me for details!

Me: I already have a bottle in reserve.

Her: Just one?

Me: Yeah.

Her: Then you should get another.

My wife. I think I'll keep her.

So they can be trained, that's encouraging.

It's probably all some massive subterfuge. She probably sensed I was about to launch into some even more expensive hobby and subconsciously steered me toward bourbon. "Yeah honey, go ahead and buy that bottle of Buffalo Trace", while she's thinking "helluva lot cheaper than that vintage Colt revolver".

post-10005-14489821440203_thumb.jpg

13 HH6BIB's

7 HH BIB golds

11 HH 6 year 90's

1 Jailer's TN whiskey.

the Jailers was in hte half price markdown, and at $15, was too cheap to not give it a try.

The HH stuff is another story. apparantly most of it is going away....

Spent the past couple of days in the Lexington area touring and tasting. Stopped by the Costco off 75 on the South side of LEX and they had just put this out today. Picked up 3 and just tasted it. Pretty good considering going back for a couple more.

Anyone in the area they had about a dozen bottles left approx an hour ago. $85 per

Hop

ese2aryj.jpg

Found an 86 and 90 proof VOB with the 6 year age statement. Cracked open both tonight. Also got an ETLC. Will sit on that for awhile.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!