What Bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2014

TunnelTiger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Today is 9/10/14 Bought Three additional Bottles of Elmer T. Lee SB $33.99 per A bottle of High West Rendezvous Rye $54.99 and a bottle of Jack Daniels Unaged Rye for $49.99 All In Port Charlotte FL Area.. Creggor

I'm still laughing about bunkering Beam Black.

I don't get it? Picked up 17 cases and preparing to leverage social media to abuse lemmings ;)

Over the last few days: Bookers (2013-7), ETL Private Barrel Selection, and SAOS 7YO Bourbon.

All nice purchases! Enjoy!

More an ironic chuckle I suppose, I'm amused we're discussing bunkering Beam Black while at the same time agreeing with the idea. Is there an 80 proof NAS Beam Black just around the corner?

More an ironic chuckle I suppose, I'm amused we're discussing bunkering Beam Black while at the same time agreeing with the idea. Is there an 80 proof NAS Beam Black just around the corner?

funny.....i dont know ANYONE who actually likes sub-100 proof Beam. KC and above I enjoy, but something about their recipe/aging/whatever profile does not lend itself well to being watered down, IMHO.

funny.....i dont know ANYONE who actually likes sub-100 proof Beam. KC and above I enjoy, but something about their recipe/aging/whatever profile does not lend itself well to being watered down, IMHO.

I do. And, I actually have met you...

I'll let you do the work of finding my several posts stating which Beams those are...

I do. And, I actually have met you...

I'll let you do the work of finding my several posts stating which Beams those are...

But, you have my respect, as you are an equal opportunity bourbon lover! You think nothing of praising a PHC and a HH6BIB in the same paragraph, and I think thats awesome

Load up, Joe.....load up

But, you have my respect, as you are an equal opportunity bourbon lover! You think nothing of praising a PHC and a HH6BIB in the same paragraph, and I think thats awesome

Load up, Joe.....load up

I think we actually refer to Joe as "bourbon whore" but your phrasing is nicer.

Snagged a ECBP Batch 4 on sale (?) this morning for $45 from my normal store...paid $60 every other time. No complaints from this guy!

Once I could legally purchase alcohol in college, JB White/Green were my spirit of choice, although I'm embarrassed to admit I drank it with a splash of Coke. Even now that I'm older and wiser (about bourbon at least) I still enjoy both labels neat. The benefit of enjoying JB White is this: whatever bar I go to, even if the only whiskeys available are Jack and Jim, I'll be happy. Anything else is just a bonus.

Now back to the thread, the other night I purchased another OWA for the bunker and I decided to try Hirsch Selection Small Batch Reserve (NAS). I knew going in that it shares no ties with the old Michter's distillery (being distilled in Kentucky) but I was curious nonetheless. Initial impression is that it is enjoyable but mediocre.

Jason

Store private barrel of Smooth Ambler Old Scout @ $39.99, a price I can feel good about paying. It's an 8 yr, 36% rye MGP mashbill, bottled at 57%, barrel #708. Not sure if that's cask strength or just what the store chose as bottling proof. I'll be opening this one soon. High rye bourbon is my jam.

Of note is that SAOS's label still does not list state of distillation. They do make it fairly clear that they are just bottling (from barrels they "scouted"), but I am still hopeful they will make a labeling change soon and list state of distillation. I feel like the TTB is going to make an example of someone soon, and I would hate for it to be Smooth Ambler.

Edit: Maryland/NoVA folks: Feel free to PM me if you don't already know where this store release happens to be.

Edited by garbanzobean

Willett 10 year. More than I wanted to spend but the Bourbon Club at work will enjoy tasting it and I like spreading the joy.

Picked up 3 barrel proof store selections of 4RSB… OBSV, OESK and OESQ. They join the OBSK and OESF that I picked up a few months back. Slowly collecting all 10 recipes from various stores.

Found a trove of AAA 10 Star on the bottom shelf in a strip-mall shop in Ohio today while driving. I'd hoped it was the AAA 10, but was a bit saddened to see the stars. Nevertheless, brought many home and saved a few for anyone else in the area.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!