What Bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2014

TunnelTiger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My pickups this weekend. Thanks a lot 393foureyedfox.

[ATTACH]19383[/ATTACH]

Well crap, great job with the hunt! The FRSBLE14 lasted all of about three days in Maryland. I'm HOPING the FRSmBLE14 lasts that long, especially since it's apparently "lower quality" than the last few years. My thinking is that I'd love to have a barrel proof Four Roses blended specifically by Mr. Rutledge. Hopefully the bourbon collectors disagree.

Well crap, great job with the hunt! The FRSBLE14 lasted all of about three days in Maryland. I'm HOPING the FRSmBLE14 lasts that long, especially since it's apparently "lower quality" than the last few years. My thinking is that I'd love to have a barrel proof Four Roses blended specifically by Mr. Rutledge. Hopefully the bourbon collectors disagree.

Beans! It's been along time coming getting the Single Barrel 2014 in my hands. Hopefully it will be a repeat performance for 2015. I have no expectations of the SmBLE while in Virginia. I worked to hard trying to get the 125th and came up empty, so I'm kind of bitter. As for the Heaven Hill, last month I was in rehobeth beach and stumbled across HH4BIB gold label and bought it trusting some of the palates of other SB'ers and loved it. I tried it that night at the hotel and decided I needed about 4 more bottles to take home. Therefore, I needed to have the 6 year in my life as well.

My pickups this weekend. Thanks a lot 393foureyedfox.

[ATTACH]19383[/ATTACH]

As for the Heaven Hill, last month I was in rehobeth beach and stumbled across HH4BIB gold label and bought it trusting some of the palates of other SB'ers and loved it. I tried it that night at the hotel and decided I needed about 4 more bottles to take home. Therefore, I needed to have the 6 year in my life as well.

glad you got some! was the shelf still full of 'em?

I think the 6 year is far better than the gold label. I used to not pick out the differences so well, but now I can. Youll love all that 6 year, and wish you got more in no time

glad you got some! was the shelf still full of 'em?

I think the 6 year is far better than the gold label. I used to not pick out the differences so well, but now I can. Youll love all that 6 year, and wish you got more in no time

Yes sir there was a shelf full of them. Probably should have gotten a cases worth but with it would have been hard sneaking a case pass the wife. Hopefully I will make my way to KY again pretty soon.

you could ask Harry how to keep them hidden in your trunk indefinately....

Gives car shopping a whole new dimension.

I picked up 3 bottles of Jim Beam Black 6 year, And I finally got my first Glencairn glass in the mail today.

I must say, Quite a difference in smell compared to a normal glass.

OMG, Kentucky is a killer, not sure I can ever go back-

20140922_100746.jpg

a not-so-small fortune there....hope you enjoy it for a long time!

OMG, Kentucky is a killer, not sure I can ever go back-

20140922_100746.jpg

That is a sight of beauty.

Sure it is a wallet killer, but it looks like you picked up some lovely bourbon and then some.

I am sure drinking those bottles will help ease the pain.

1.75 Old Fitz BIB, 1 liter Dant BIB, 1 750 Larceny and 2 HHSS all stuffed in my backpack and now wondering around Chicago, should have planned better and brought a rolling bag, this shit is heavy.

Kentucky is a killer, not sure I can ever go back-

Sure, sure Tony. I'm guessing you'll be back in the spring, if not sooner..for sure:cool:

Nice haul, well done dude

I think Tony and I were shopping from the same list.

It was nice to meet you, Tony. I ended up going to Bowling Green to see my brother on Friday. I will do my very best to make it to the gazebo next year. btw, did you visit both FR gift shops?

post-8680-14489821478609_thumb.jpg

I think Tony and I were shopping from the same list.

It was nice to meet you, Tony. I ended up going to Bowling Green to see my brother on Friday. I will do my very best to make it to the gazebo next year. btw, did you visit both FR gift shops?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!