What Bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2014

TunnelTiger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19371[/ATTACH]

13 HH6BIB's

7 HH BIB golds

11 HH 6 year 90's

1 Jailer's TN whiskey.

the Jailers was in hte half price markdown, and at $15, was too cheap to not give it a try.

The HH stuff is another story. apparantly most of it is going away....

Found an 86 and 90 proof VOB with the 6 year age statement. Cracked open both tonight. Also got an ETLC. Will sit on that for awhile.

Awesome haul Doug! You are going to get a lot of enjoyment out of that bunker for a long time!

thats a lotta booze for $300

Im considering making another pass. With the HH6BIB seemingly getting a new label and seeing it in many locations today, I think my case and a half of it is good for now. But I may grab more of the 6/90 and the gold BIB. Plenty of the green around, but the gold was not all that easy to find today. I asked to speak to one of the large chain store's manager today, and asked him about the empty shelf of the gold label in all sizes, and was informed that he had been trying to order it since May, but is told there is none available to purchase. That was combined with a distributor telling me it has been d/c'ed. I saw some here and there, but most places were cleared of it already, and apparently have been for a while. The gold label isnt one I commonly keep around, but after opening one the other day, I was surprised at the quality of a $10 bottle.

A pretty good day. I got two Booker's for 39.99 - one heck of a deal. A WFE 11yr. A Blanton's SFTB. And the one I'm most excited about, a Wild Turkey 101 8yr age stated from the mid '80's.

Today was an expensive day on the wallet. 3 bottles of FR SmbLE '14, FR GS PS OBSK, and a Parker's Heritage as well. One of the SmbLE went to a fellow SBer so he could taste how good it is this year once again. Not as good as last years version, but damn fine bourbon as well. Good news is we still have two more to add to our bunkers.

It is pretty cool that you Texas guys now have access to FR barrel selects! OBSK is one of my favorites!

HAD access... haha. They didn't last long, and who knows when they'll be back. By the time Mrs Tot got there, they were mostly gone. But I agree it's a great step in the right direction. May there be a round 2!

I picked up a LE SmB today while at FR helping some good folks pick a barrel.

That was me picking up the empty barrel shortly before you guys started your selection. I almost asked to join your group - I didn't know if that would be acceptable or not - but I really want to attend the Four Roses lunch so I had to get going. What recipe did you guys pick?

That was me picking up the empty barrel shortly before you guys started your selection. I almost asked to join your group - I didn't know if that would be acceptable or not - but I really want to attend the Four Roses lunch so I had to get going. What recipe did you guys pick?

I'm gonna stay mum at this point. It wasn't my show to run. I don't know if anyone has been notified from the group and such. Maybe the HYIC can shed some light for you.

My local big box liquor store emailed me today with auto notifications that the BTAC was in stock. I almost didn't put in an order due to having my orders with them for special items cancelled repeatedly in the past. For the most part, they currently allocate limited edition bourbons to their biggest customers, but they apparently relaxed that rule this year. I put in an order for WLW, GTS, and ER17. A few minutes later, I was notified that my order for GTS and ER17 had been accepted and my bottles were ready to pick up. I also got a notification that the WLW was cancelled due to allocation issues. Two outta three ain't bad, especially for basically zero effort (compared to the work I put in last year).

I would still very much like to try the Sazerac 18 while it's still from that old 1980s mystery batch, but I am not big enough on ryes to take a risk on an entire bottle. Hopefully whatever they got of that went to a good home, and I can try a glass of it at a bar sometime.

Well, while at Four Roses yesterday for their breakfast, bought the 2014 SmB LE and a bottle of barrel proof OBSV 11yrs 8mos old "picked" by JR himself.

Just back from a few days at the KBF and unpacking what I picked up.

ehutu7et.jpg

A great trip.

Edited by Hop
spelling

After some internal debate, bought an EC23 and BTEC extended stave drying time 13 month. Love EC in all its versions so looking forward to tasting these.

Finished a long week of traveling with an ECBP from a North Carolina ABC. Batch 4 at $45.99 and an EWSB 2002 for $21.99 in FL. Can't wait to get home.

Finished a long week of traveling with an ECBP from a North Carolina ABC. Batch 4 at $45.99 and an EWSB 2002 for $21.99 in FL. Can't wait to get home.

I remember buying my first two ECBP for 39.99, last year. And that ewsb was a super find.

First part of my week of travel was business, the second part was doing a good deed. I look at the ECBP and EWB as a reward from the bourbon gods for doing my good deed.

Grabbed a store selection of Buffalo Trace, a FRYL for making barrel aged manhattans and some Makers Mark Barrel Proof thanks to a fellow SB/GBS member.

Hop: Nice haul! It looks like the PHC is open. What do you think?

Much "hotter" than I normally get from a wheater, of course due to the higher proof. Very long finish on this one. Would drink over ice more often than neat

Yesterday I picked up a Sazerac Rye and Fighting Cock. Around here Saz is rarely available. $35.99 seems like the regular price. I know at least one place (clue; by Greenwood Mall) that put it behind the counter and marked it way up. It was a nice pour that I haven't had for a while. Fighting Cock I can usually find, except none of the stores that carry it are close by.

Added a PHC 2014 yesterday thanks to fellow SB'er! Just waiting for my liver to recover from KBF so I can enjoy it (which at this pace might be just in time for the holidays :lol:)

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!