What bourbon did you pass up today? Fall/Winter 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Left MMCS, ECBP 140.2, and Willett 7 yr rye on the shelf. Passed up XCF, AECS, and Willet 8 yr rye too.

Care to share where you left the bottle of ECBP 140.2 on the shelf?

i too live in Berkeley and have had little luck fining any and the PHC8.

Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to PM me. Thanks.

Passed up a WLW12 in DC today, for $90. Hadn't really seen them here before, but not interested enough at that price.

Passed up a WLW12 in DC today, for $90. Hadn't really seen them here before, but not interested enough at that price.

That's a surprisingly good price, especially for your area! I'm sure your PM's will light from other locals, who would be glad to snag that one up.

Had to mean Weller 12 not the BTAC. No way any '12 WLW is sitting on a shelf for $90. If so as you point out his PMs will be out of control. And the fact that it's W12 at $90 is really sickening.
Edited by agrant77

Baby saz at $89.99, was at a store that is usually pretty fair. Pulled it from the behind the counter and said been saving this for you. Gee thanks...

Baby saz at $89.99, was at a store that is usually pretty fair. Pulled it from the behind the counter and said been saving this for you. Gee thanks...

I would have said, "Yes thats a fair price for the Antique Series Sazarac but thats 3 times the MSRP sir, no thanks."

I passed up Wild Turkey Diamond Anniversary. Still hoping to catch it on closeout sale sometime soon.

Passed on PHC7 at $109 and PHC8 at $95. I can't seem to understand PHC7. Every limited release under the sun flies off the shelf in 30 seconds, but PHC7 seems to be sitting around. I know of at least 3 stores that have some.

Also, left some HWMWND on the shelf. I wanted to save some cash for the other fall releases since I have one already.

I passed up 2 bottles of Stagg Jr. for $49, which seemed like a good price. Based on reviews, it sounded like there was better use for my bourbon dollars.

I passed up 2 bottles of Stagg Jr. for $49, which seemed like a good price. Based on reviews, it sounded like there was better use for my bourbon dollars.

To each his own, but I try to never base my purchases off of another man's taste. Gotta try it for yourself.

VW 10 yr. Not interested and I was there for something else I was interested in and got instead.

LB select 4R1B barrel proofer's at the new price point of $64.99. :frown:

I picked up one of these while in town earlier this month wish I'd gotten a couple more and may have the family pick up a couple as they head down here for Thanksgiving. Agree it's not a inexpensive as some other places but it's less that the 4R GS price where I got the others.

Sadly, everything has gone up similarly. I think last fall these were selling for in the mid to upper 40's here.

2 - rhetoric's @ $89 something...,Jefferson's ocean 2,and WR master's collection Sonoma cutrer all around the same $.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!