What bourbon did you pass up today? Fall/Winter 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Passed on cases of etl at 34.99 maybe I should grab a case if stores are selling them for 799.99....[emoji16]

I can't advocate buying a case because I doubt I would ever do that but I would probably grab some!

LB select 4R1B barrel proofer's at the new price point of $64.99. :frown:

Big fan of FRSB barrel proofers but I will become less of a fan if they creep much higher than $55. Right now, I can still find them between $45-$50.

Big fan of FRSB barrel proofers but I will be come less of a fan if they creep much higher than $55. Right now, I can still find them between $45-$50.

Yes, made me proud that I bunked up on them last year.:grin:

The sad fact is, this is still a pretty fair price for what one gets. Especially knowing that they are going to dry up and become pretty rare in another year (or two). :frown:

With prices like that in your area...

I'm very glad I had a sturdy mule grab some from the GS last year. I think they are around $70 out the door at the gift shop these days.

I'm very glad I had a sturdy mule grab some from the GS last year. I think they are around $70 out the door at the gift shop these days.

Big fan of FRSB barrel proofers but I will become less of a fan if they creep much higher than $55. Right now, I can still find them between $45-$50.

A favorite local of mine has WT Diamond at $135. I walked away but not quickly. I would love a pull of it but $135 is a bit excessive for my pay grade.

A favorite local of mine has WT Diamond at $135. I walked away but not quickly. I would love a pull of it but $135 is a bit excessive for my pay grade.

I wouldn't worry about it, seems there is an large amount of this sitting around. Good chance this one will make it to the $99 sale eventually (lowest I've seen so far is $109.99). Ill pick it up once under a hundred. Same with Barterhouse, not to long before its around $69 i think, then ill pull the trigger.

Yes, made me proud that I bunked up on them last year.:grin:

The sad fact is, this is still a pretty fair price for what one gets. Especially knowing that they are going to dry up and become pretty rare in another year (or two). :frown:

With prices like that in your area...

Prices in Minneapolis are between $59-64.99. Just wondering, do you know if barrel picks will be going away?

Prices in Minneapolis are between $59-64.99. Just wondering, do you know if barrel picks will be going away?

The latest I have seen, nothing actually from a distillery source, but where there's smoke, sometimes there is fire. Apparently the regular 100 proof SB will no longer be available for Private Selection. The 10 recipes at barrel proof will be available for private selection, but the price has gone up significantly.

Jimmy's been pretty open about the fact that his pond of older stock is being emptied faster than he can fill it back up.

Store here was selling WSR for $49.99. Said they barely got this and it would be the last for a while. Maybe so, but not going to buy WSR, probably not even W12 for that price. Glad I stocked up a couple of months ago when it was $18.

Passed on baby Saz at $40 and the limited Woodford Release at $100. I'm just not interested in the Woodford limited releases after their last few.

Passed on Bernheim's and HMcK10 for $54 and $40, respectively. I do want want to try 'em, but not at dem prices. [Couldn't pass on the Blanton's for $36, however.]

It seems most new products come here with high prices, except ECBP @ around MSRP.

Edited by MauiSon

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!