What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 2014/2015

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last pour of a bottle of WTRB 112 to help me get through the Seahawks game. Tight game so far!

Last pour of a bottle of WTRB 112 to help me get through the Seahawks game. Tight game so far!

Both games today have been great! Enjoyed a pour of OESK, followed by a pour of '13 FRSmB LE, and another small pour of OESK.

Both games today have been great! Enjoyed a pour of OESK, followed by a pour of '13 FRSmB LE, and another small pour of OESK.

That is one heck of a 4R lineup. I love OESK, and the '13 LE SmB needs no introduction.

Enjoying a pour of EWBiB ~ will probably follow it up with RR1792, BT, or OESK depending on my mood.

went out to a group dinner of friends in celebration of all the december and january b-days among us. I got a flight of things new to me: Bulleit 10 year (though I swear I got the rye instead), Jeffersons Rye, and Rowans Creek. Im not the biggest rye fan, and wouldve picked the RC among those.

Had a couple smaller pours of a store select Blanton's. I haven't had any Blanton's in years, but this is a solid bourbon whether or not it is representative of the brand. It started very closed off (the arrival was very "smooth" ie flavorless), but opened up with time, developing many of the characteristics I really enjoyed about Parker's Heritage Promise of Hope. The apple pie is there, but there are some noticeable other red and stone fruit flavors not present in POH. The mouthfeel is a little odd. Seems a bit "dead" at first, but still coats your mouth. Not unpleasant, just not what I'm used to.

I'll have to give this more time, but I suspect it was picked by the store in question for its smoothness. Despite that, it develops some really nice flavors if given enough time to open up. Depending on how which way the bottle goes, I may grab another in the future. Will probably pick up a Rock Hill Farms instead, though.

Seems no-one else is drinking this evening except me. It's been OE101, HH6BIB, and OFBIB this evening for me.

noticed the 7/101 Ezra sitting next to the 7/107 Baker's and decided to do a taste-off. I think I prefer the OE for its sweetness and quick bite.

Seems no-one else is drinking this evening except me. It's been OE101, HH6BIB, and OFBIB this evening for me.

Oh no, AAA10*, OGDBIB, Blanton's, and now CETHBP here.

SAOS7. I am in full on consolidation mode. I need to make space on the bar cart before opening anything new, since there simply is no space left for opens. Picking bottles that are less than half full and finishing them one by one.

Enjoying some Stagg Jr. vattings tonight. First was with CEHT SmB which always works very nicely. Second one with some Old Charter 8. Not as good, but still tasty for far less a price.

Last night was CEHT BP. I wish I had not read the review that said "think barrel proof BT" before I tried it because that is exactly what I ended up thinking. Good stuff but sort of lacking complexity; I think Booker's is better.

Last night was CEHT BP. I wish I had not read the review that said "think barrel proof BT" before I tried it because that is exactly what I ended up thinking. Good stuff but sort of lacking complexity; I think Booker's is better.

I picked up two of the most recent release (3rd?) due to the phenomenal reviews. I've been pretty underwhelmed so far. I'm gonna give it another shot tonight, hoping it was just my sinuses holding it back.

Went to a friends house for the GB/Dal game. He bought "bourbon" just because I was coming over. Red stagg cherry and coke zero. It was so sweet I had a hard time getting it down. I said thank you and had a second. If you drown it in enough soda, you can make it through.

Went to a friends house for the GB/Dal game. He bought "bourbon" just because I was coming over. Red stagg cherry and coke zero. It was so sweet I had a hard time getting it down. I said thank you and had a second. If you drown it in enough soda, you can make it through.

When visiting friends for any kind of event I always take a bottle with me. If that hurts their feelings well I'm sorry but I'm going to waste an evening drinking swill.

If it's bothered any of them they've never mentioned it. They all drink JD or vodka anyway.

Meant to add enjoying some OGDBIB while watching the bucks & ducks.

Edited by TunnelTiger

Had one in the car. He bought it specifically for me. I couldnt just dismiss that. Not only is he a friend, but my wife's boss. I felt I had to suck it up and deal with it.

John, it was very polite of you to choke down the Red Stagg but I know you keep a stash of bourbon in your trunk. There are a multitude of reasons you could have used to go out to your car, dump the Red Stagg, and pour something you like. No one would have known.

When visiting friends for any kind of event I always take a bottle with me. If that hurts their feelings well I'm sorry but I'm going to waste an evening drinking swill.

some friends, I keep a HH6BIB at their house for when there are get togethers over there. Others, I will gladly take a HH6BIB over there for a night of cards or whatever, and leave it there. $11 well spent, even if I only have a few shots of it myself.

Trying to kill off this cold tonight. CEHTsb,, followed by some 117 proof 11yo SAOS. Finishing with a bit of HWMWND.

Had a pour of the straight bourbon of the month, WT101, followed by a pour of FR-OESK. Looking forward to watching St. Paul & the Broken Bones on Letterman.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!