What bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 2014/2015

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

attachment.php?attachmentid=20233&stc=1EWSB 05 to add to my collection : 1988, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1995-2004

I am officially jealous... You Suck!!!

I scooped up the first offering at my local retailer of Jim Beam BIB (look on the JB BIB thread for my thoughts), along with the new EWSB ('05), and a new barrel pick of Buffalo Trace by the same retailer.

Yeah, I was in a small store and they actually had it marked down $5 from the old price! Never heard of a 4R PS going on clearance before. Maybe people have been passing on it because it's only 106.8 proof, but I personally think it's great to have a barrel proofer that's easy to sip neat without water.

Picked up a Larceny. I need to revisit this one, seems like it's gotten a lot of talk here lately. Also picked up another MMCS just because I have a hard time passing it up when I see it MSRP-ish price.

I picked up another Evan Williams Vintage Single Barrel 2003, I found out they have 1 left. Hopin next payday, it will still be there. :bandit:

Friday picked up some Weller 12, my first real bourbon "find". Still hoping to stumble into an ECBP somewhere hopefully...

KCSB store selected at Westport Wine Spirits

Awesome! I haven't tried this particular selection but Westport is one of my favorite stores in Louisville. I try to hit it up when I am there. An SBer turned me onto to the store.

Awesome! I haven't tried this particular selection but Westport is one of my favorite stores in Louisville. I try to hit it up when I am there. An SBer turned me onto to the store.

I have been very pleased with all of their store selections. They also are featuring a WTKS, decided to wait on that one.

Hidden

You pretty much nailed my exact thoughts. Its pretty unique in its grainy taste and Im really excited to see their product develop. You can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be buying their bib when it comes out.

I really like it. It is young and a little hot but the flavor is very rich! Obviously, it is not a complex bourbon but I really like the sweet yet spicy flavor from mid-palate to finish. I ended up buying a bottle of Binny's Barrel #30. I like it well enough that I am going to have my son pick up another bottle or two when he goes to Chicago in a couple of weeks.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

You pretty much nailed my exact thoughts. Its pretty unique in its grainy tas

te and Im really excited to see their product develop. You can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be buying their bib when it comes out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.