What bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 2014/2015

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Even from a liquor store in Texas? The rules are certainly odd. Georgia is often on the no ship list although a few places will still ship here. Including Specs in TX who sent me a case of Crown single barrel without a second thought! It was marked as alcohol but left at the front door without so much as a howdoyahdo just as the box that was shipped to kjbeggs was.

Who happens to live in Texas where he presumably just received a shipment... :rolleyes:

That was the exception to the "rule". This one particular retailer (located in New York) is the only one NOT located in Texas that I've ever found willing to ship here. (My wife did have to sign for the package, NOT because I'm under 21 :cool:, but because I wasn't home).

Now Specs, will ship in-state here, but I've only placed one order for shipping from them (ETL) which was cancelled because they didn't actually have any stock.

And back on topic, I grabbed a bottle of the new Jim Beam Bonded today.

Edited by kjbeggs

Did some value shopping for a couple of standbys: HH6BIBx2 at $10.50 ea. And an OGD114 at $20.99. That's a powerful lot of good bourbon for $42:grin:

My case of OGDBIB came in and I picked it up. I just don't have room on my bar for 1.75's and I always feel like I have to work hard to empty them. I have to go 20 miles to get the 750's, while my local two stores are on the way home from work. Told the wife what I did after ordering and she said why didn't I just keep some 750 empties and fill them from the handle. Duh.

Also learned a lesson and that's to ask how many bottles come in a case. Me thinking 6 was sort of standard unless it's the LE stuff. Well let me tell you OGDBIB 750's come 12 to a case.

Best was buying in quanity lowered my price to $14.99 while it goes for $20 - 21.99 on the shelf.

Now I know someone is going to say they can get it for $12.99 but price is all relative to what is availabe to you. Cheers

I had good luck again today finding both W12 and ETL fairly priced on the shelf. Even though I've got a good supply bunkered I couldn't help myself and picked up 2 more W12's and an ETL........because you never know when it will fall off the radar again

just picked up a 4R Small batch, but passed on the Binny's 4R store select Single Barrels at $60 a pop... ouch!

Told the wife what I did after ordering and she said why didn't I just keep some 750 empties and fill them from the handle.

I bought a bunch of rum which I am led to believe I was led to purchase by my love for a latina. The truth shall out iself.

just picked up a 4R Small batch, but passed on the Binny's 4R store select Single Barrels at $60 a pop... ouch!

Ah man, I was thinking of having my son stop in and pick up a FR SB or two for me when he goes to Chicago next weekend. I was wondering what recipes they have.

the binny's I went to had maybe 5 different kinds, I was looking at grabbing the OESV myself. they've also been sitting there a couple of weeks.

Edited by DonutsNBourbon

Today was a second bottle of EWSB '04 before the last of them disappear from the stores here. I'm far more into my ETL, Blanton's right now, but this year of EWSB keeps jumping into my hand each time I open the cupboard!

4R store select Single Barrels at $60 a pop... ouch!

Not too bad really - all the 4R barrel proofs are $59 here in MI. Actually, I stand corrected. I just checked the liquor commission website and it just went up to $61.60 minimum.

Got a bottle of Black Saddle for Valentine's Day from the fiancée. Also got the rest of the makings for some Manhattans. I have a keeper!

Picked up a Forged Oak today. I think these things were in and out of Dallas in a day and a half. Barterhouse and Old Blowhard were everywhere when it came out (and for months afterwards) but ever since then these Orphans go in a hurry. Not sure if that's driven by supply, demand, or both...

Last 6 bottles of Old Fitz BIB I could find in Louisville at my stores.

starkmoney = smart money. Smart move in picking them up. They are going the way of the doo-doo, or OC10, AAA10. :cool:

starkmoney = smart money. Smart move in picking them up. They are going the way of the doo-doo, or OC10, AAA10. :cool:

According to Josh, Bernie Lubbers at HH has very recently said that OF BIB will continue to be available...but, only in Kentucky, however.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.