What bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 2014/2015

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not me, but my wife was at the store, saw some Baby Saz and texted me about it. I know there were some who complained about lack of availability when I still saw it frequently around here, but haven't seen a bottle on a shelf for a couple of months now. She said there were 5 of them, I think $29, so I had her pick one up. Then she also bought an Angel's Envy, a store select purchase. She had it in an Old Fashioned when we were out Friday night and liked it. I didn't have the heart to tell her I had one stashed away in the bunker, but it was sweet of her to get it (maybe some self-interest on that one, but she knew I liked it too).

I'm in Louisville and can't find anything but 375's of Old Fitz BIB, but some of the bars seem to have 750's. I actually went to a new (to me) store tonight hoping to score a 750. Had to settle for a 375.

While I was there, I also picked up HH6 BIB, VOB BIB, and 1792.

Went to a local big box store looking for something else and was stunned to see 4 Weller 12yr on the shelf.The release hit more than a week ago and everyone sold out pronto. Manager told me that more have trickled in here and there since the initial release. Since these have been out there for a while, I came home with all four. I'll give two to a friend who has been looking for these as hard as I have.

Saw Maker's Mark cask strength at Costco, had to buy it. Haven't cracked it yet; not expecting a whole lot, but who knows. I wasn't expecting much from Knob Creek Single Barrel, and that was delicious.

The Illinois lottery treated me pretty well on a scratch off, I quickly blew the winnings on OGD 114, Dickel 12, Eagle Rare 10, and Big House. Was looking at a few others but I resisted.

I picked up a store selection bottle of ERSB 10 and a bottle of EC12. Both were first time purchases.

EC12 and ER10 are two of my favorites. Lots of oak...

Today I stopped by one of the local stores, and they now offer "single barrel select" of BT. I've had plenty of regular BT but not "single barrel" if that is indeed what it is.

EC12 and ER10 are two of my favorites. Lots of oak...

Today I stopped by one of the local stores, and they now offer "single barrel select" of BT. I've had plenty of regular BT but not "single barrel" if that is indeed what it is.

Store picks of BT are of a single barrel, so that's what it is.

Picked up a Booker's 2014-06. I have always passed on Booker's, but prices in NJ have been slowly climbing from $50 to $60 on Booker's and it was time to pick one up before prices got any higher. Bought this one for $53.

Just caught up on this thread.

Last Saturday, i visited one of my usual stores.

Somebody paid it, somebody always pays it, on Saturday that somebody was me.

A 4R 2014 Small Batch LE was in the special bottles cabinet at just over $130. i hadn't seen any of them in Massachusetts during or after the holiday season, and I've been enjoying them since the 2009 Mariage edition, so overpaying wasn't even a worry. I might try to hunt down another bottle or two for closer to MSRP, but my credit card almost made a cartoon "*ZING*" noise coming out of my wallet to buy this one.

Right next to it in the cabinet was a Weller 12 for $40. Similarly rare in MA, I had to bring it home too. I can't believe some stores out there are charging $100 for it...

At least they had Larceny on sale for $24, which I needed to pick up to replace a bottle almost empty, so not everything they had was all about gouging.

Edited by Kalessin

A 4R 2014 Small Batch LE was in the special bottles cabinet at just over $130. i hadn't seen any of them in Massachusetts during or after the holiday season, and I've been enjoying them since the 2009 Mariage edition, so overpaying wasn't even a worry. I might try to hunt down another bottle or two for closer to MSRP, but my credit card almost made a cartoon "*ZING*" noise coming out of my wallet to buy this one.

Right next to it in the cabinet was a Weller 12 for $40. Similarly rare in MA, I had to bring it home too. I can't believe some stores out there are charging $100 for it...

At least they had Larceny on sale for $24, which I needed to pick up to replace a bottle almost empty, so not everything they had was all about gouging.

I think you did very well! I'd drop $130 on the 4Roses in a second. I'm not a fan of W12, but enough of my friends are, that $40 is in the ballpark to keep on hand. It IS 12 yr bourbon, yes? Now, I love Larceny, and would easily (and will probably be spending based on the increases in bourbon pricing we see) drop $40 on it! :D

So, open those puppies up, and I may be showing up at your crib to shovel your driveway!

Grabbed a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch. Always a good option.

Agreed. Dearly love Four Roses Small Batch.

Today, though, I picked up:

1) WT101 (1.75 liter),

2) MM (1.75 liter), and

3) ERSB, hand selected by Market Square (1.75 liter)

It was a good day. :cool:

Starting a second bunker from scratch, so I picked up a EC12 and Booker's while in FL for a long weekend. Next trip down, I'll have to add a Roses, Turkey and Trace, so I have a fair representation from the motherland.

I'd pay $130 for 4R LE SmB all day long. Totally worth it to me.

$40 is my upper limit for Weller 12 so I'd do that too is my supply was low.

I had a chance to get 4R SmB LE at list price but foolishly passed it up. At the time $94/bottle seemed too high. I regret not buying it now.

I grabbed a Stagg Jr Batch 3 for $57 for my brother.

I just grabbed a Stagg Jr Batch 3 for $49.95 for me.

Hudson Maple Cask Rye and Double Charred Whiskey arrived at my door today.

Surprisingly, the online retailer slapped a "Contains Alcohol" sticker on the shipping box, but FedEx brought it anyway.

Hudson Maple Cask Rye and Double Charred Whiskey arrived at my door today.

Surprisingly, the online retailer slapped a "Contains Alcohol" sticker on the shipping box, but FedEx brought it anyway.

A lot of people will shrug at that (probably the same people who buy bourbon from CVS on Sundays). I've never even tried to order online from a retailer down here and have something shipped. Interesting. (Can't send or receive liquor in Texas, for those wondering. And can only buy liquor from liquor stores. And never on Sundays.)

Edited by dcbt

A lot of people will shrug at that (probably the same people who buy bourbon from CVS on Sundays). I've never even tried to order online from a retailer down here and have something shipped. Interesting. (Can't send or receive liquor in Texas, for those wondering. And can only buy liquor from liquor stores. And never on Sundays.)

interesting......I have done quite a bit of bourbon trading with some great folks in the state of Texas. I have never had a problem shipping bourbon into TX via fedex or UPS. Only had one shipment from TX to me go bad and that was because a bottle leaked in transit, all others shipped out fine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.