What bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 2014/2015

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a bottle of OWA today for 29. Quite a few bottles left if any MD SBers are interested.

Curious to know where in MD. My brother in law lives in Highland, MD. The last time I was there, I wasn't a bourbon ho. Very anxious to visit and hit up as many liquor stores as I can.

Thanks.

Got two bottles of OWA today. Hopefully this one stays around in the stores here in MN for a while. Now we just need more Weller 12

interesting......I have done quite a bit of bourbon trading with some great folks in the state of Texas. I have never had a problem shipping bourbon into TX via fedex or UPS. Only had one shipment from TX to me go bad and that was because a bottle leaked in transit, all others shipped out fine.

Yea, person-to-person trades usually work just fine if you don't tell FedEx/UPS what's in the package. But very rarely will a retailer ship here.

(2) OFBIB, (1) OGD114, (1) HH6BIB continuing to build the base of the bunker with good everyday pours.

Best post I've seen all day.

Yea, person-to-person trades usually work just fine if you don't tell FedEx/UPS what's in the package. But very rarely will a retailer ship here.

Old scout ten and Rye. I haven't tried either yet and I've been eyeballing them the last few visits to my local lord of the bottles

Bought a 750 and a 1.75 of Weller 12 first time I have ever seen it in the store since I got into Bourbon a few months back. Paid 80 total. Would have bought more but was a little scared of my fiancé and well just not liking it. Boy am i kicking myself right now this is mighty good stuff. will head back tomorrow to hopefully find some left.

Still in shock. Scored my first BTAC bottle tonight, Thomas Handy. Paid 140 total. Fully expected it to be a 2014 bottle but turns out it is 2013. Which has me wondering, how did a bottle from last year manage to stay unsold for over a year? Bad year for Thomas handy? Not as popular as the other BTAC bottles?

I was in the St. Louis area today, stopped by a store, and grabbed a EC12 and a David Nicholson 1843 BiB. Never had the DN1843 before.

Still in shock. Scored my first BTAC bottle tonight, Thomas Handy. Paid 140 total. Fully expected it to be a 2014 bottle but turns out it is 2013. Which has me wondering, how did a bottle from last year manage to stay unsold for over a year? Bad year for Thomas handy? Not as popular as the other BTAC bottles?

You most likely just got a '13 that wasn't released until '14. Not uncommon, as others have noted in the BTAC thread...

I had something similar happen, I thought I was buying a 2014 handy but ended up with a 2011. Must have been sitting in the back room for a while.

2013 was a highly regarded year for Handy.

Picked up a Larceny to replace an almost empty bottle and OWA for the bunker. Poured a few of the Father in Laws KCSB and night cap of OWA.

hmm, not all BTAC are the same and actually each one in the set is completely different. I would say try them to see what you like and not necessarily buy it because it's a BTAC.

Was way outside my regular area and stopped by a store I hadn't been to before. They had a store select FRBP OESQ. Since I'm not a big fan of the OBSK that ever store near me seems to have, thought I'd give it a try.

Down in Louisville this week for business. Had some spare time, so I went down to Bardstown. Picked up a HHSS and a William Heavenhill BIB at the BHC. The BIB was the last one on the shelf. The guy there said it was the last one. They've been around for a long time, but I passed every time until now. Liked them both enough after tasting them there.

Asked about the ECBP. He said to call every Monday to check on it. As I was getting rung up, he took a phone call and explained the same thing to the person on the other end.

A lot of people will shrug at that (probably the same people who buy bourbon from CVS on Sundays). I've never even tried to order online from a retailer down here and have something shipped. Interesting. (Can't send or receive liquor in Texas, for those wondering. And can only buy liquor from liquor stores. And never on Sundays.)

Even from a liquor store in Texas? The rules are certainly odd. Georgia is often on the no ship list although a few places will still ship here. Including Specs in TX who sent me a case of Crown single barrel without a second thought! It was marked as alcohol but left at the front door without so much as a howdoyahdo just as the box that was shipped to kjbeggs was.

Who happens to live in Texas where he presumably just received a shipment... :rolleyes:

Since it seems to be seasonal I picked up 2 more JJ Bowman Single Barrel, a 1792 in the new bottle, and a bottle of Rebel Reserve just cause I saw it and hadn't tried it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.