What bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 2014/2015

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I had to stop at the bank on my way home from work today. It just so happens that one of the local liquor stores I frequent is just down the street. I'm not really sure what happened. I left the bank and headed towards home, but my car seemed to have a mind of it's own. Next thing I knew, I was in the liquor store parking lot. :lol:

But seriously, I was planning on stopping there anyway. Due to a little cajoling from "The Voshole", I had decided to go there to buy a couple of ETL's. As it so happened, BT was right next to the ETL on the shelf. I figured I'd grab a couple of 750's of BT too. The BT was $24.99, $23 if you bought more than one. Then I noticed the 1.75's of BT for $44.99. Hmmmm. :skep: The $44.99 price for a handle was cheaper than the two discounted $750's I was going to buy. I said to heck with it. I normally try not to buy handles. They take up too darned much room. But, I have some empty bottles to decant into. Soooooo, I grabbed a handle of BT too. :grin: What can I say? It's been almost two months since I've bought anything, and these are both staples in my cabinet. Besides, who knows when I'll see the ETL again. :rolleyes:

Cheers y'all!

Joe

attachment.php?attachmentid=20211&stc=1

Edited by fishnbowljoe

R-Savage, the Michters US Whiskey and Bourbon are some of my new favorites. I picked up a couple bottles last night. Old Scout and Old Scout Rye.

I have read many fantastic reviews regarding this bourbon. I can't wait to try it.

Managed to find a bottle of EWSB from 2003 today. I have seen lots of '04 and started seeing '05 hitting the shelf already, but have not seen an '03 in a really long time. Have never had any EWSB but believe it is the same mash bill as EC12 which I love so here is to hoping its good.

Yeah Up hear I bought one and low and behold I found another at a sister store. Will be picking that one up so I will then have two in the bunker

EWbib. I've been meaning to buy it for some time now. Got home, opened her up, poured a glass... I couldn't be more pleased with a $16 bourbon.

Couldn't resist an OBSO at $39.99.

Nice buy! That is pretty much the new price for the standard single barrel.

I had to stop at the bank on my way home from work today. It just so happens that one of the local liquor stores I frequent is just down the street. I'm not really sure what happened. I left the bank and headed towards home, but my car seemed to have a mind of it's own. Next thing I knew, I was in the liquor store parking lot. :lol:

But seriously, I was planning on stopping there anyway. Due to a little cajoling from "The Voshole", I had decided to go there to buy a couple of ETL's. As it so happened, BT was right next to the ETL on the shelf. I figured I'd grab a couple of 750's of BT too. The BT was $24.99, $23 if you bought more than one. Then I noticed the 1.75's of BT for $44.99. Hmmmm. :skep: The $44.99 price for a handle was cheaper than the two discounted $750's I was going to buy. I said to heck with it. I normally try not to buy handles. They take up too darned much room. But, I have some empty bottles to decant into. Soooooo, I grabbed a handle of BT too. :grin: What can I say? It's been almost two months since I've bought anything, and these are both staples in my cabinet. Besides, who knows when I'll see the ETL again. :rolleyes:

Cheers y'all!

Joe

attachment.php?attachmentid=20206&stc=1

You bought almost a gallon of whiskey! :cool:

You bought almost a gallon of whiskey! :cool:

Yes I did, and it will all be drank sooner or later. :grin:

There must still be a few glitches with the site. My pic didn't post earlier. It's there now.

Yes I did, and it will all be drank sooner or later. :grin:

There must still be a few glitches with the site. My pic didn't post earlier. It's there now.

hmmm Seems the link is broken from my side. I checked your post on the previous page of this thread. :searching:

hmmm Seems the link is broken from my side. I checked your post on the previous page of this thread. :searching:

Couldn't resist an OBSO at $39.99.
Nice buy! That is pretty much the new price for the standard single barrel.

Yeah, I was in a small store and they actually had it marked down $5 from the old price! Never heard of a 4R PS going on clearance before. Maybe people have been passing on it because it's only 106.8 proof, but I personally think it's great to have a barrel proofer that's easy to sip neat without water.

just picked up a Stagg Jr 3rd batch for $50, was tempted to pick up another ETL since they still had 2 left on the shelf!

Yeah, I was in a small store and they actually had it marked down $5 from the old price! Never heard of a 4R PS going on clearance before. Maybe people have been passing on it because it's only 106.8 proof, but I personally think it's great to have a barrel proofer that's easy to sip neat without water.

And OBSO is one of the best of the 10!! Just finished one of mine and its an all time favorite. I'd have bought a case at 39.99.

Larceny finally hit Memphis, so I went ahead and snagged a family size. It's drinking nicely tonight.

Saw me a W12 on the shelf yesterday, grabbed it, and also got me another of the last batch of ECBP, and I picked up a store select FRSB OBSV.

Bought 6 bottles of Booker's roundtable and also picked up 2 bottles of Evan Williams 10th Anniversary 110 proof silver wax top (distillery only). The EW is smooth as silk, but seeing as there are only about 200 bottles, my love affair will be a short one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.