Empty Bottle Support Group 2015

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Lincoln Whiskey Kitchen in Schaumburg Illinois (have some other locations across country) and is now called a White Chocolate Grill. Great food and amazing bourbon. Last time I was there they weren't able to sell bottles anymore which is a bummer because they have a bunch of different selections.

A W12 hit the bin tonight. Not even sad to see it go as it's not that good anyway.

If that's how you feel about it, and if you ever have the misfortune to come across another bottle, I'd be glad to take it off your hands!

If that's how you feel about it, and if you ever have the misfortune to come across another bottle, I'd be glad to take it off your hands!

Fort Knox beat me to it.

I'll split it with ya flahute. Always more fun to drink with company! Of course, Seattle is a ways from Durham.

Back on topic, finished off my first bottle of OGD114 this evening after work.

We'll find a way to make it work Knox!

On topic......didn't finish any tonight, but I'm darn close on a Makers 46 and HH BIB 6yr.

ive still yet to see a 14yr Dickel, and you know I likely wouldnt be able to resist if I did

Astor Place wine and liquor in NYC had some 14 Yr Dickel about a month ago. Don't know if it's still in stock but worth a try. Ask for Sara Sparks. She was very helpful.

Thanks...................

Not quite empty yet but passed these along to my cousin as I'm clearing out my opens.

Line up of BTAC and JPS.

post-2364-14489821988098_thumb.jpg

post-2364-14489821988377_thumb.jpg

Yesterday finished off my Evan Williams Black. Damn This Bourbon and Coffee really hits the spot

This past week while weathering a snow storm in my garage (god bless woodstoves) my friends and I finished the remnants of a few bottles which were getting low. Buffalo Trace, John B Stetson, and Evan BiB.

This past week while weathering a snow storm in my garage (god bless woodstoves) my friends and I finished the remnants of a few bottles which were getting low. Buffalo Trace, John B Stetson, and Evan BiB.

Putting the goofy marketing aside, how is the John B. Stetson?

Stetson was received with mixed reviews, personally, I wasn't blown away by it. Friends of mine did enjoy it though. In my opinion, the finish was short and the taste was one dimensional. I feel that it is overpriced, at close to $30 with tax in IL, there are other options.

In the last week or so I have finished the last of an EC12, a HH6BiB and a handle of dusty Old Crow 86.

I find it interesting that of all the choices I have in my bunker (I have a lot of open bottles), these are the ones that got finished first.

I do admit that the fact that I have or can easily get backup bottles for all three may have influenced my choices. I do sometimes look at bottles that I could not easily replace and decide against drinking them on that basis, which I know is inconsistent with my mantra that I am a drinker not a collector.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.