Empty Bottle Support Group 2015

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just sent a 4R single barrel to the recycle bin. After numerous evenings in a row with an off palate that had me thinking I had a funky off profile bottle, I adjusted and came around to really savoring this bottle. Once that happened, I tore through this bottle right quick. The bunker is stocked with replacements.

WTKS. It serviced well, and drinks very light for a 101. Just doesn't stand up to the finish of it's cheaper little cousin, RB, IMO.

Put down a bottle of ETL this evening. Good thing I have extras in the bunker to replace it with. Just a wonderful standard pour.

I put a good one to rest tonight..... A 23 year old Willett. I opened it up last Father's Day for my dad, brother, and I. I had some for my birthday this year, and we just about killed it off last weekend at my neighbors birthday party. I would say at least a dozen people have had some bourbon from this bottle. It will be missed......

I put a good one to rest tonight..... A 23 year old Willett. I opened it up last Father's Day for my dad, brother, and I. I had some for my birthday this year, and we just about killed it off last weekend at my neighbors birthday party. I would say at least a dozen people have had some bourbon from this bottle. It will be missed......

Wanted to put pic with it.

post-9285-14489822184157_thumb.jpg

Finished my mission of emptying a bottle of HW Double Rye to make room for more Rendezvous Rye. I like the double, but can't see myself ever reaching for it when the Rendezvous is available even with the price deference.

On a related note, I think I have moved onto a stage in my whiskeydom where I am trying to finish off the bottles that I find OK to make room for multiples of the stuff I really like and things I would like to try. Next on the list to empty is EC12.

Killed off a MMCS and an EHT single barrel. Hopefully I'll kill off another bottle or two tonight.

Killed off a MMCS and an EHT single barrel. Hopefully I'll kill off another bottle or two tonight.

LOL. Very appropriate username! :grin:

Emptied a bottle of Angels Envy and a bottle of EC12. I really liked the Angels Envy, gonna have to replace it real soon.

Killed a couple bottles this weekend. OWA, willett 2yr rye, and ec12.

How did you like the Willett 2 yr? I didn't like it initially. I have had it sitting there for a while. I'm thinking of going back to it and hoping it has changed like some other open bottles I have experienced.

busy killing off a few bottles lately as well. EC12, FRSB, AE and Basil Haden's. ER10 and W12 bottles maybe have a couple drinks left in them too.

Goodbye High West Mid Winter. I had act 2.2 and it was delicious. So glad I have a spare in the bunker. I will be getting another one of these in the fall.

Michter's small batch, poured the last ~1oz into my decanter to start a #lastpours bottle

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.