Empty Bottle Support Group 2015

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finished off a 10 month, 8 year OESF. Really opened up with a little water or ice. Four Roses continues to impress.

Poured the last of my ER10...my first real love in this crazy world of bourbon.

Speaking of empty bottles, how many of you keep some of your finished whiskey bottles for sentimental reasons? Would you retain an empty because it was a limited edition, it later underwent a design revision, or its contents provided treasured memories so special to make discarding the vessel sacrilege? Are there any of your glass containers that you cherish and would loathe to part with? Why?

I'm saving BTAC bottles because the labels are printed on and I plan on taking them to a glass artist at some point to have the tops cut off and edges polished so I can turn them into drinking glasses.

Wow, that's a great idea flahute.

Now I just need to get some BTAC bottles (filled of course). :lol:

My first "official" empty bottle (the first one was W12 only because 3/4 of the bottle was used to vat SBS blend).

At times, I had my doubts about ETL but it came around towards the latter part of the bottle.

pQAktfXl.jpg

In the last 2 days, I've been trying to clear out a couple of bottles that were getting low, so I polished off a MMCS 375, a Hudson Four Grain, and a WR Double Oaked. Sad to see 2 of 'em go. Fortunately, I have one 375 of the MMCS left.

JB BIB , that didn't last long, would buy another, some whisky's are just better for my creating process. (actually, I guess they all work well):grin:

Said goodbye to OGD 114. There will always be another bottle of OGD 114 to take its place as long as I can help it.

That's a really attractive photo you've captured, John. Nicely done.:cool:

Thanks E!.

One of my other hobbies is photography. Although, these days, no time for photography, just family, work and bourbon. :grin:

Finished my first bottle of JJ Bowman SB. It quickly became one if my favorites and a go to 100 proofer along with FRSB. Glad I have 2 more bottles waiting for me. May need to pick up one more.

Finished my first bottle of JJ Bowman SB. It quickly became one if my favorites and a go to 100 proofer along with FRSB. Glad I have 2 more bottles waiting for me. May need to pick up one more.

I have been hearing a lot of good things about the JJBSB - guess I need to pick one up!

Killed off a MMCS and an EHT single barrel. Hopefully I'll kill off another bottle or two tonight.

Killed off my old friend 1792 and poured the last 1oz or so into my decanter vatting mix of last pours.

I just finished off a Four Roses gift shop OBSK. I'm going to really miss that bottle.

I just finished off a Four Roses gift shop OBSK. I'm going to really miss that bottle.

I will echo this sentiment, though my OBSK came from a local store and not the gift shop. Tremendous bourbon.

JIBBIB - lovely economical pour. Since I'm on a self imposed "no more purchases until the bunker is empty!" kick it be a while before I taste it again.

JIBBIB - lovely economical pour. Since I'm on a self imposed "no more purchases until the bunker is empty!" kick it be a while before I taste it again.

hehe, I am on this kick myself. I spent way too much money on alcohol the past month or two according to mint.com

Hello Everybody,

a beautiful evening here in SE Kentucky, finishing up this wonderful Weller 90 on my back porch away from work and together with my family.

post-12485-14489822321434_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.