What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Spent part of the evening in the basement due to tornadoes touching down. Once it was over enjoyed WFE 23yr Binnys #2872 pick, KCSB store select and ended with 8yr 1792RR SB pick.

Family is safe and some damn fine pours,

I'm back in Oregon and relaxing with some VOB BIB. Hitting the spot. Wife's having a beer, that looks good too. If one is good...

Spent part of the evening in the basement due to tornadoes touching down. Once it was over enjoyed WFE 23yr Binnys #2872 pick, KCSB store select and ended with 8yr 1792RR SB pick.

Family is safe and some damn fine pours,

I like your tornado coping mechanisms!

I'm working on some EWSB '02 this evening. Not really one that works for me compared to many others, so I'm basically in "bottle kill" mode.

ER10 which is consistently good

and then

Baby Saz which is also good but I miss the corn sweetness

Having my first pour of Dry Fly 101 bourbon. My sister scored a couple of bottles a while back for me. It does taste a little young and hot but not to an extreme. A few drops of water does tame it down a bit and allow some flavors to come through. My first impression is mint. May have to do a full review when I can fully sit down and enjoy it.

That's the thing about Basil Hayden. I like it, and they clearly pick some good barrels for it. But they water it down, and jack up the price. That's why many of us here might shy away from it as a regular purchase/pour. But it is surely a crowd pleaser in my experience, both likely due to its low proof and easy drinking, and good flavor.

Last evening, I had some RHF, which was delicious as usual. Easily one of the best bourbons under $50 out there IMO.

I've heard good things about RHF. Unfortunately, I've never seen it for under $50. Last time I saw it, it was a little over $50 and I did not pull the trigger.

I've heard good things about RHF. Unfortunately, I've never seen it for under $50. Last time I saw it, it was a little over $50 and I did not pull the trigger.

Rock Hill Farms disappeared in NJ for quite some time (at least a year or two), but came back several months ago in pretty decent amounts. It got snapped up pretty quickly though. I stocked up at $45, and then even saw prices in the low $40's but didn't need more at that point. It is really amazing stuff IMO--tons of flavor and character, and really like an amped-up Blanton's. I can recall many people coming to regret not picking up a couple of bottles of RHF when it comes around.

Had a small pour of RRSB last night (Astor selection), and it is opening up nicely with some airtime. Really good stuff.

For me Rock Hill Farms is a bit richer, dryer and more complex than Blantons or Elmer T. Yes, I like it.

I haven't had RHF is quite awhile and actually saw it on a menu at a restaurant last weekend. But they were out so I went with Blanton's instead. I remember RHF being a bit more grassy than the other MB#2s.

Stagg J, Batch #3. :cool:

Cheers! Joe

Having a WSR and coke while watching Suspiria. Never seen it before, but, it came highly recommended by a friend of mine who has a horror movie collection which puts my collection to shame.

Some standard 4rsb and a bit of the house blend bourbon, both very tasty this evening whilst catching up on le TDF.

Some larceny then a vatting I made the other day of OGD114 and WSR. Larceny is fast becoming a favorite. Glad I grabbed all 4 handles I saw in IN... just wish I could buy it in MI.

*Now on to sip of my #lastpours bottle for a bit of variety.

Edited by fozzy71

Work being crazy busy has been getting in the way of enjoying bourbon or any other grown-up drinks. But on Saturday I did have a Manhattan made with Ritt BiB rye, and yesterday after a particularly grumpy workday, a nice big pour of Larceny on lots of ice. Mini-vacation weekend in the Berkshires coming up, so more relaxation and time will most likely mean more bourbon and rye.

Small pours of WT101, WTRB, and ECBP 128 proof. Now drinking a big glass of water! I need to wake up early tomorrow, but really needed some bourbon in my life tonight.

EWSB '02. Only one pour left. Seems to finally be hitting its stride which is typical with those that aren't working for you. They always come on strong right at the end just to confuse you and convince you to buy another. Harumph I say. I will not be sucked in.

Followed with RR10yr. This one keeps pleasing which does conflict me. It's a 90 proof Turkey and I shouldn't like it, right?

Finishing with VOB6. Always satisfies.

In anticipation of some WTRRSmBSB, pouring a couple ounces from my barrel selection sample flask. The key here is to get as little backwash as possible when filling the flask :lol: Seriously good stuff - and I'm sure what is on its way will be even better!

In anticipation of some WTRRSmBSB, pouring a couple ounces from my barrel selection sample flask. The key here is to get as little backwash as possible when filling the flask :lol: Seriously good stuff - and I'm sure what is on its way will be even better!

Stressful end to the work day. Everything turned out OK, but this 4RSB is tasting mighty good right now.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!