What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Do either of you happen to know the rickhouse the WTKS bottles came from? I don't know this as a fact but I have WTKS from certain rickhouses are better than others. I know I had a store select from Rickhouse N, I believe, and it was really good. I just happened to see another stashed behind some other bottles at the same store who is selling them for $35 right now. It is equal to, if not better, than WTRB that I have had. At the normal price of $50, not so much. I might have to go back and pick up that bottle this week.

My bottle was from warehouse T rick number 3. It's not bad but after being open awhile just not special, at least not enough to pick up a case of it.

I would guess that most people typically prefer WTRB or RRSB over WTKS. I hear a lot of folks say they are just "meh" on WTKS. I have only had a few bottles because once the price gets into the mid-$40s, I typically look at other stuff. However, the few bottles I had were enjoyable. I find WTKS a little drier and sweeter than WTRB or RRSB. Most of the time I scratch my itch with WT101. I don't recall the rick number but I remember it being from Warehouse N. However, for $35, I might still grab a WTKS to have around or I might just grab a WT101 and EWSB ('06) and have two bottles for just a few $ more. Options, options...I always have trouble in the cereal aisle at the grocery store. Why would the bourbon aisle at the liquor store be any different. :shocked:

Sipping on some AA BIB this afternoon. Man, does it taste good!

Cheers! Joe

I would guess that most people typically prefer WTRB or RRSB over WTKS. I hear a lot of folks say they are just "meh" on WTKS. I have only had a few bottles because once the price gets into the mid-$40s, I typically look at other stuff. However, the few bottles I had were enjoyable. I find WTKS a little drier and sweeter than WTRB or RRSB. Most of the time I scratch my itch with WT101. I don't recall the rick number but I remember it being from Warehouse N. However, for $35, I might still grab a WTKS to have around or I might just grab a WT101 and EWSB ('06) and have two bottles for just a few $ more. Options, options...I always have trouble in the cereal aisle at the grocery store. Why would the bourbon aisle at the liquor store be any different. :shocked:

I actually like WTKS a fair amount based on the one bottle I had (and the aforementioned tasting at the distillery) and if I could get it for $35 it would be a no brainer. Unfortunately here, it costs $49.99, which makes RB and WT101 far better values which is why I favor those.

This was yesterday sitting outside with my older brother.

Just for coop, I told you I was gonna drink some!!9884d8af161a3e72495f101945201d18.jpg

Had a pour of EHT Small Batch and Dickel No 12. Really enjoyed the nose on the Taylor. This was the first time I tried Dickle and it wasn't a bad pour

Drinking HW American Prairie Reserve to celebrate the US winning the Ladies World Football Championship!

Makers Mark Cask strength tonight. Starting to really enjoy this bottle.

some wt101 and fc103 nas tonight so far to try and kill the aches in my shoulder ac joint. guess it's too soon to stop the ibuprofen even thought it's been 2 months since my bicycle crash.

July 4 - tried a Japanese release Fred Noe Select - 122ish proof, I don't remember exactly. It was pretty hot for the proof, but with a splash of water and about 30 minutes of air, it really opened up and the heat was somewhat tamed. Very Nice.

Also had my first pour o sweet wheat, very fruity nose, more traditional in the flavor, enjoyable.

Had some Basil Hayden this 4th at a neighborhood hood party. I enjoyed it much more than the distillery sample I had, no surprise there. I didn't know it was 80p but did notice that it was very easy drinking and light but still had nice flavor don't know that it made enough of an impression to warrant a bottle purchase.

Had some Basil Hayden this 4th at a neighborhood hood party. I enjoyed it much more than the distillery sample I had, no surprise there. I didn't know it was 80p but did notice that it was very easy drinking and light but still had nice flavor don't know that it made enough of an impression to warrant a bottle purchase.

That's the thing about Basil Hayden. I like it, and they clearly pick some good barrels for it. But they water it down, and jack up the price. That's why many of us here might shy away from it as a regular purchase/pour. But it is surely a crowd pleaser in my experience, both likely due to its low proof and easy drinking, and good flavor.

Last evening, I had some RHF, which was delicious as usual. Easily one of the best bourbons under $50 out there IMO.

Sipping on some W12 right now, hitting the spot as always. BTW, in a little bit of bourbon related breaking news, the site on Whiskey Row in downtown Louisville where the Old Forester experience is supposed to go is on fire right now. It was supposed to open in Fall of 2016 and have the distilling capacity to cover all current demand for Old Forester bourbon. Not sure that will happen now.

Sipping on some W12 right now, hitting the spot as always. BTW, in a little bit of bourbon related breaking news, the site on Whiskey Row in downtown Louisville where the Old Forester experience is supposed to go is on fire right now. It was supposed to open in Fall of 2016 and have the distilling capacity to cover all current demand for Old Forester bourbon. Not sure that will happen now.

A nice pour of EC12

Moved on to some BT these two and 4RSB are all I need

Edited by km1589

Having a small pour of WTRB, followed by Michter's Barrel Strength Rye.

Tried a sample of the Michter's Barrel Strength Rye earlier today, and while it was very tasty don't think I can justify the asking price for it.

Now I'm sipping on some 118 proof OESV and really digging it.

Tried a sample of the Michter's Barrel Strength Rye earlier today, and while it was very tasty don't think I can justify the asking price for it.

Now I'm sipping on some 118 proof OESV and really digging it.

I too agree, not sure if it's worth it's price. It's tasty, but not earth shattering. I will say that it has opened up nicely with a week's worth of air time.

Ok, all of the Four Roses talk has led me to open a new store selection! It's from Haskell's Wine and Spirits in the Twin Cities, MN, and it's an OESF aged 10 years and 8 months. Weighing in around 58%.

HMcK 10 BIB followed by an OESO 11 year 9 month 109 proof for dessert. Good life!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!