What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Trying to figure out Windows 8 on a new laptop. Hence, a healthy pour of MMCS with one ice cube to celebrate 4 hours of uninterrupted hell. EDIT - 4 hours so far.

Trying to figure out Windows 8 on a new laptop. Hence, a healthy pour of MMCS with one ice cube to celebrate 4 hours of uninterrupted hell. EDIT - 4 hours so far.

I know that's right. I did the same thing when I got W8. (I think, anyway - is that the one with all the f'n apps that originally took away the start menu before ultimately caving into consumer demand and making it an option?) I actually had to google after a few hours when I first got it, "how to shut down with Windows 8." NOTHING is intuitive. Makes me angry just thinking about it.

A pour of sweet wheat and hoping my O's can squeak out a win.

Two in a row for my Rangers!

I know that's right. I did the same thing when I got W8. (I think, anyway - is that the one with all the f'n apps that originally took away the start menu before ultimately caving into consumer demand and making it an option?) I actually had to google after a few hours when I first got it, "how to shut down with Windows 8." NOTHING is intuitive. Makes me angry just thinking about it.

Yeah, that's the one. How many travel apps do they think I'll use? and how do I get the damn boxes off the screen? My second MMCS is upcoming.

EDIT-Decided a short pour of AAA 10Star with a cube would be safer.

Edited by Harry in WashDC

Best of luck to you and the pup Raven.

I'm working on the bottle of KC I've been trying to like. It's not bad, per se, but I don't get excited about it so I'm trying to slay it.

Thanks to all for the thoughts - he's back home doing better. 6 teeth pulled, some infection cleaned out but he's still got a pretty big knot from the abscessed tooth so it's some big antibiotics for the next week for him. Vet says he's doing good but still some risk. We're still going on the trip (which is what is really making this hard for me), but my folks are watching him and they know what they're doing. Having a sister who's a vet (out of state, but still just a phone call away!) really helps.

So it's some Four Roses Single Barrel in relief and joy while packing like mad. It's amazing how people at work figure out that you're leaving and hammer you with "just a quick question before you go ..." Yeah, sorry, the glass in my hand says not answering!

And really appreciate the suggestions on places to go - thanks! Looking forward to trying some nice tequila's and a cigar or two down there!

Yeah, that's the one. How many travel apps do they think I'll use? and how do I get the damn boxes off the screen? My second MMCS is upcoming.

Too many. And switch to the desktop view by clicking on that icon. That will show what you're used to rather than the useless apps. And delete apps at will. Clean that crap up.

From a bottle i found at my Grandfathers (see Dusty thread), some 86.8 Wild Turkey from a bottle that had a tax strip. Wonderful stuff.

From a bottle i found at my Grandfathers (see Dusty thread), some 86.8 Wild Turkey from a bottle that had a tax strip. Wonderful stuff.

I bet that stuff drinks really well! I am trying a bit of Michter's Barrel Strength Rye, with some Rare Breed to start things out (get my palate going).

t's amazing how people at work figure out that you're leaving and hammer you with "just a quick question before you go ..." Yeah, sorry, the glass in my hand says not answering!

Ain't that the freaking truth!!!!!!! Been there many a time.

Good to hear the pup is doing well and in good hands. Have a great trip.

On topic, I finished my bottle of KC that I won't be replacing. Now working on the SAOS 10yr which is just "ok" and also not a candidate for replacement. It would be if it was cheaper, but in these parts it goes for close to $50.

So far

Old Forester 100

Bulleit Rye

Elijah Craig 12

Eagle Rare 10

and lastly gonna close out with Old Weller Antique then bed....

SBS, not blind, of my four recent purchases, MMCS, GD9yr, and barrel selections of RRSB & KS.

GD9yr won hands down followed by the RRSB (best I've ever had), KS, and MMCS. I beginning to think my taste for wheaters is diminishing as my taste for rye grows.

had a rare tuesday pour after a rather intense day, some 1792 and some EC12. I liked the 1792 a lot from the first pour and that affection grows with each successive visit.

Enjoyed some ORVW10y, Bookers 2013-7 and finished with Michters SBB.

Will miss that squat once its gone, got 2-3 pours left

At least a couple of pours of this Wild Turkey Rare Breed Barrel Proof (112.8 Proof).

Had an awesome day with my brother-in-law and pops killing off my first bottle of HHBIB6. After some dinner and coffee, reclining with a small snort of OESK. I love HHBIB6 regardless of price, but this stuff is in another league.

Had an awesome day with my brother-in-law and pops killing off my first bottle of HHBIB6. After some dinner and coffee, reclining with a small snort of OESK. I love HHBIB6 regardless of price, but this stuff is in another league.

Pour of OGD114 watching my O's avoiding the sweep. Getting ready to start vacation and a whole lot of bourbon drinking starting tomorrow.

Decided to stick with the wheater theme for now and poured the last pour of my 1:1 PMP mix I made about 2 weeks ago. Soo smooth. I am eyeballing that Bernheim bottle next I think.

Speaking of wheaters, while doing my table in my Indiana trip report thread I noticed that 1792 Sweet Wheat was priced on our state list at $40 so hopefully I will stumble across one if I accidentally find myself in a liquor store this summer.

*KCSB now. I really should have bought more of these in IN given the insane sale price there compared to our shelf price here.

**Another taste of my WT101 I let soak with the oak infusion spiral. Pretty tasty. Not sure it is worth the 3 or 4 bucks per spiral to soak WT 2 or 3 times to make it taste like OGB or KC though.....

Edited by fozzy71
* and **

Drinking some 1792 Sweet Wheat right now Dang it - there's gotta be a crack in this glass somewhere as it's empty already! Really nice stuff, quite impressed.

Heard nothing but great things about the sweet wheat

Drinking some 1792 Sweet Wheat right now Dang it - there's gotta be a crack in this glass somewhere as it's empty already! Really nice stuff, quite impressed.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!