What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Cannot stop going back to this GTS12. Such great candy. A nice OESK Store pick prior to that.

Rush St. Manhattan with Woodford Reserve; sparkling rosé for wife

King Crabmeat cocktail, too

a72b72df-8eb6-4ada-b401-ab8d089e828d_zpspyb0has2.jpg

a339a0ec-e4ff-4c6b-9cd6-9e748329789c_zpszsleykmq.jpga11f98fd-af5c-48d4-9064-8e7f45883cf0_zps9mcmszda.jpg

A nice night out!

This morning I redid what I did yesterday. A little WLW 134.8 while the coffee brews.

This morning I redid what I did yesterday. A little WLW 134.8 while the coffee brews.

:bigeyes: Nice...I got the coffee brewing, but keeping the bourbon downstairs...

Some OGDBIB in my coffee. This is about four days in a row of rainy weather. Most area fireworks displays have been cancelled. Happy 4th everyone!

I was on vacation this past week, but it was a working vacation. To start the week off, I dismantled a cabinet and shelf unit, and a heavy duty, nasty ass, home made (previous owners of our house) workbench down in the basement. I put new shelfs up, and organized all my tools and other household "stuff". After that, my BIL and I put in a new side entry door to my garage. We then replaced a couple of sections of drywall along one side of my garage, complete with side molding and a waterproof baseboard molding. We finished up yesterday, with my wife and her sister adding the finishing touches with the painting. Only some clean up and a little rearranging to do now. A job well done by all. After a long and tiresome week, I'm once again following your lead Will. I'm having a healthy pour of 2012 WLW alongside my morning mug of coffee.

Cheers! Joe

After honoring the historic unaged rye itch on this fine 4th, opted for some HHSS SB#1. Really hitting the spot while I fire up the grill!

Started with some ER10 moved to OGD114 while firing up the grill for some nice Ribeyes

Edited by km1589

EWSB05 while firing up the grill and then a GBS OESO for dessert after the burgers.

Out back relaxing and listening to the Braves on the radio, watching the lightnin' bugs flicker around, and the beginnings of the fireworks are beginning to pop, and sipping on a thick pour of a 1792 Sweet Wheat. Not ready for a full review, but I am really enjoying this. The Barton house signature is evident. Very happy to see that. Really nice mouthfeel and fully flavored. First impressions are very positive.

Happy 4th, all! Sipping on some 4RSB tonight, relaxing and taking in some baseball.

Happy 4th. I am lucky I get to spend mine at the beach. Having a strong pour of rock hill farms. Following that up with a OFBB 2014.

Celebrating Independence Day with Buffalo Trace and Old Bardstown Estate.

The heat is upon us so its been a good bit of vodka and beer. That got boring so I cracked open a Four Roses Small Batch after dinner to enjoy the fireworks. :bis:

Pre fireworks, shared some I. W. Harper with my older brother.def00c7e56e5131162ba3b042ab72eb7.jpg

Wild Turkey Rare Breed (112.8)........hello old friend, it's been a long time......shame on me - pleasure to make your acquaintance again. Fantastic as always and you are even cutting through this head cold I have.

Was liking it so much that I poured a second glass and took it outside to watch the fireworks from my front lawn (we are lucky to have full view of the local fireworks show without having to leave the house.)

Back inside with some KCSB.

Finally opened my ECBP Hazmat last night. Wow. For 140.2 proof, the stuff is amazingly smooth. With a drop or two of water it got even better.

Finished off my first bottle of MMCS and a store select WTKS. The MMCS just didn't do it for me so will be a pass going forward. As for the WTKS IMO it doesn't come close to the flavor and richness of WTRB so I won't be getting any more of that either.

Going to explore the taste of the store select RRSB today and decide whether or not I should bunker a case.

I still can't get over the fact that the Braves are winning with the line up they have. I may have miss judged Freddie G.

Finished off my first bottle of MMCS and a store select WTKS. The MMCS just didn't do it for me so will be a pass going forward. As for the WTKS IMO it doesn't come close to the flavor and richness of WTRB so I won't be getting any more of that either.

Going to explore the taste of the store select RRSB today and decide whether or not I should bunker a case.

I still can't get over the fact that the Braves are winning with the line up they have. I may have miss judged Freddie G.

Interesting turnabout there! If I recall, a week or so ago you were really digging the WTKS. When I toured Turkey back in May and did the tasting, I was surprised that I liked KS over RB and RRSiB in the sbsbs. It did not jive with my memory of bottles I'd had. Single barrel variation I guess? I had some RRSiB at a bar a week ago and it was as good as I remember. Had some RB last night and it was hitting all the sweet spots so I'm thinking the tour tasting was either an odd palate day or just an amazing barrel of WTKS.

Loads of Dickel No. 12 on Independence Day. Matched the food and music perfectly!

Interesting turnabout there! If I recall, a week or so ago you were really digging the WTKS. When I toured Turkey back in May and did the tasting, I was surprised that I liked KS over RB and RRSiB in the sbsbs. It did not jive with my memory of bottles I'd had. Single barrel variation I guess? I had some RRSiB at a bar a week ago and it was as good as I remember. Had some RB last night and it was hitting all the sweet spots so I'm thinking the tour tasting was either an odd palate day or just an amazing barrel of WTKS.

Do either of you happen to know the rickhouse the WTKS bottles came from? I don't know this as a fact but I have WTKS from certain rickhouses are better than others. I know I had a store select from Rickhouse N, I believe, and it was really good. I just happened to see another stashed behind some other bottles at the same store who is selling them for $35 right now. It is equal to, if not better, than WTRB that I have had. At the normal price of $50, not so much. I might have to go back and pick up that bottle this week.

broo, I was not smart enough to take a photo of the bottle to have that info on hand. I did get a photo of the 4R single barrel bottle we tasted from on that tour because it was so good so you'd think I'd do the same at Turkey........

Do either of you happen to know the rickhouse the WTKS bottles came from? I don't know this as a fact but I have WTKS from certain rickhouses are better than others. I know I had a store select from Rickhouse N, I believe, and it was really good. I just happened to see another stashed behind some other bottles at the same store who is selling them for $35 right now. It is equal to, if not better, than WTRB that I have had. At the normal price of $50, not so much. I might have to go back and pick up that bottle this week.

For what it's worth, I felt that my last bottle (from warehouse N) was drinking a little flat and unremarkable, when compared to the most recent RRSB and/or RB's I had been drinking.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!