What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Fall 2015

JGriff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a store picked SAOS BP 8 year that I seriously need to grab women more bottles before they sell out. Sadly, even Buffalo Trace is hard to find right now.

I picked up an OWA store pick from Liquor City. This is one that I enjoy by itself or in the SB blend.

I picked up an OWA store pick from Liquor City. This is one that I enjoy by itself or in the SB blend.

How does the store pick compare to off the shelf OWA?

How does the store pick compare to off the shelf OWA?

I find the store picks to be a little bit more enjoyable than standard.

Well, as promised, my "mule" came through with another bottle of Stagg Jr Batch #3 for me. :grin: I took possession Friday evening. Said "mule" also surprised me a bit. He presented me with a few 200 ml bottles of AA BIB. :bigeyes: I'd shared something with him a week or so ago. This was his way of paying me back. I sure don't mind payback like this. Ahhhh the graciousness of some folks here. Gotta love it. Thanks brother. :cool:

Cheers! Joe

post-3455-14489822899356_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489822899356_thumb.jpg

Edited by fishnbowljoe

Still new to bourbon here...

Stopped in the new Total Wine here in St. Louis. For a store that big their selection of both bourbon and beer (my first love in booze) was very underwhelming.

That said, they did have some crazy low prices on some common stuff. Picked up my first bottle of Elijah Craig 12 for only $21.69. They also had Maker's Mark for $18.49.

Anyway, from the few bourbon bottles I've opened so far I've learned to generally not judge a bourbon by the first couple pours...but WOW this EC12 is awesome from the first pour. For those prices I'm considering going back to get another EC and plus a MM.

Side question: anyone had or heard anything about Ezra Brooks 12 yr?

BTW anyone else here from St Louis and know if AAA10* or AA100 is available here? I keep looking and can only find the regular AA

I believe Ezra Brooks is sourced from Heaven Hill (same distillery that makes EC 12 and a ton of other brands). I would try it if the price was right. I've had the Ezra Brooks 7 year 101 and thought it was ok.

AA 100 was discontinued a number of years ago. The only way you'll find that is a store with old inventory.

The EB 12 yr was $23 + change. Might get it for my birthday present to myself here in a couple weeks.

Edit: my mistake, the real name was Ezra B Single Barrel. Looks like it is indeed HH juice, and a damn good value. Gotta head back there & snag one.

Edited by pinkfloyd4ever

I bought a bottle of MWND and found a bottle of Jim Beam Red Wheat still lurking in the online retail world and ordered that also.

no, super fine wines in Canton. I must say Tippin's FRSB OBSK cask strength looks intriguing.

yes, their site is way out of date. i follow them on FB and Dom is quick to reply and was nice enough to hold me their last bottle of ECBP recently.

Today I picked up an EC12 and OGDBiB. Unfortunately, the place I usually purchase OGD now has the new-look bottles. However, I got the OGD at the same price as the old bottle, which surprised me because Cowdery's blog noted when the label change came out that the suggested retail price went up (or at least that's what I perceived). Loss on the new bottle--win on the price.

I don't know which part of StL you live in, but when I'm in town, I usually try to stop by Randall's or Lukas because of their selection. It's been a while since I've visited though.

I'm also a fan of EC12. If you like it because of the oak (one of the reasons I favor it), you'll probably enjoy MM46 and Eagle Rare.

yes, their site is way out of date. i follow them on FB and Dom is quick to reply and was nice enough to hold me their last bottle of ECBP recently.

I went into their store for the first time on Sunday. Pretty good selection of bourbon and scotch. About $5 markups above the state minimum for most mid-price things. Counter guy confirmed they would not have 4@ private selection until end of year. I'll go back next time i'm in AA for a longer look.

Well I broke down and snagged me a I.W. 15 @ $85 ..why not? They also had some handles of EC12 the old label stuff for $52 and change, so I grabbed one of those also. He also had 2 Ph9's that I passed on for $120, and he said he had just put out 2 of the PH8's that he'd been saving...they went right away.

Stumbled upon my first ECBP on the shelf in, well, seemingly forever. $49.99 to boot, Batch 9, 135.6. Into the bunker she went with her older siblings, Batch 1 and Batch 3. Have another Batch 3 open at the moment.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.