What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Fall 2015

JGriff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Four bottles of Elmer T, One bottle of Elijah Barrel Proof, One bottle Rock Hill and a hit of Old Medley. The Elmer T was one of the top 5 I have ever tasted hence the hinge purchase.

Four bottles of Elmer T, One bottle of Elijah Barrel Proof, One bottle Rock Hill and a hit of Old Medley. The Elmer T was one of the top 5 I have ever tasted hence the hinge purchase.

nice haul, with any luck I might have some ETL waiting for me tomorrow that I ordered, if my local shop can get any...

post-11551-14489822882627_thumb.jpg

I got the chance to meet Fred Noe. Really nice guy by the way. He signed two bottles for me.

post-11551-14489822882627_thumb.jpg

I bought a bottle of the Jack Daniels Barrel Proof. I'm a sucker for anything barrel proof.

nice haul, with any luck I might have some ETL waiting for me tomorrow that I ordered, if my local shop can get any...

Sounds like ETL is starting to hit shelves again.

Fingers crossed some makes it's way to TX.

ETL showed up in east Texas several weeks ago. I hope there is another round.

Hit a couple stores on my lunch break and grabbed these three. Very excited for the weekend!

attachment.php?attachmentid=21678&stc=1

I've had that Willets Rye. I found it best with a big piece of ice.

I made a bourbon run over lunch today. Spent more than I thought I would but I also got some surprises...:grin: Happy Friday! No more bourbon purchases for the rest of the month....

375 of MMCS for $26, couldn't pass up the "sale"

1792 Store Select for $24

ECBP 135.6 proof for $59 (man this has gone up, but happy to have found it)

750 and 1.75 of Weller 12, seems the price has gone up, $27.99 now. If Total Wine ever stocked it, it goes for $19.99

Springbank 18 year old (old packaging)

attachment.php?attachmentid=21681&stc=1

post-11331-14489822884656_thumb.jpg

My favorite local shop has been running Larceny on sale for the last couple months, so popped in to grab another 750 and decided to also take home the 750 of Old Weller Antique that was sitting right next to it on the shelf. Hmmmm... Was in a wheated bourbon mood and figured I might as well make it a double!

Took flyer on a bottle of EWSB. I've had several bottles of '05 Vintage that were all superb (all from barrel 585).

I came across a dusty (really; it was covered in dust!) bottle that was Vintage '05, from barrel 584.

Just had to take a chance. I'll see in a day or two if it's fab or meh.

Took flyer on a bottle of EWSB. I've had several bottles of '05 Vintage that were all superb (all from barrel 585).

I came across a dusty (really; it was covered in dust!) bottle that was Vintage '05, from barrel 584.

Just had to take a chance. I'll see in a day or two if it's fab or meh.

That will be awesome to do a SBS! I assume these barrels were resting right next to each other in the rick?

Finally gave in and picked up a IWH 15 today. Figured I'd reward myself for not chasing the antique collection this year. :rolleyes:

While in reality, I'm blaming Steve since he keeps saying it's not bad and it's worth it for the bottle.:P

The Whiskey gods were smiling on me today. Stopped into a local shop and found two bottles of ECBP Batch 9 at $44.99 and a Booker's Center Cut at $52.99. Shocked by the ECBP on the shelf at that price. Happy Friday all!

The Whiskey gods were smiling on me today. Stopped into a local shop and found two bottles of ECBP Batch 9 at $44.99 and a Booker's Center Cut at $52.99. Shocked by the ECBP on the shelf at that price. Happy Friday all!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.