What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Fall 2015

JGriff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

:lol::slappin:

I stand corrected, as I'm old enough now to have forgotten more than I know...:grin:

Its going to happen to all of us.... So don't forget to write down your favorite bourbon.

Sorry guys, as a new poster did not mean to cause such a stir...

Was simply trying to state that the bottles that I picked up were with the old labeling (big red 12 on the front versus the new labels where it is not...) Will review my posts more carefully in the future.

Sorry guys, as a new poster did not mean to cause such a stir...

Was simply trying to state that the bottles that I picked up were with the old labeling (big red 12 on the front versus the new labels where it is not...) Will review my posts more carefully in the future.

No worries, Rad. We just border on being pedantic, anal retentive, nit pickers, here! :lol:

:toast:

No worries, Rad. We just border on being pedantic, anal retentive, nit pickers, here! :lol:

:toast:

Hell yeah, and we're even prone to argue with you when we know you're right!

5x HH (6yr) BiB, 3x JTS Brown BiB, 2x JW Dant BiB - each $10 and unavailable in my home area, so they'll make nice gifts and quaff-tasting fodder.

1x KC - $25, easy drinker my wife likes as a break from all the barrel proof stuff.

1x WTKS Big Red Pick - $39, significantly darker amber than the regular bottling also on the shelf, wondering what the perceived oak level on this will be.

I've been collecting SAOS private selections and snagged 9yr and 10yr bourbons this week. I've only had one batch that didn't impress me so far… an 8yr from AZ.

Found these two sitting on the shelf for $99 each. Couldn't resist as I am a huge fan of PHC7.

Left the PHC9 with same price on the shelf.

YSjFg42l.jpg

Edited by johnnybogey

Found these two sitting on the shelf for $99 each. Couldn't resist as I am a huge fan of PHC7.

YSjFg42l.jpg

Nice score. Because this was an unappreciated PHC release, I was able to stock up.

Nice score. Because this was an unappreciated PHC release, I was able to stock up.

TBH, when I first opened my bottle, I thought it was just ok. Nowadays, the more and more I revisit this bottle, the more and more I enjoy it.

2d558dbb1c83304f5ed83bb3c1f2007b.jpg

Staying in Leavenworth for a couple weeks. Walked to the nearest store and found this in a liter. Didn't know it came in liters. Several 750ml of Special Reserve for 17.99 which I left on the shelf.

Stopped into a Binnys that I had not been to before. Picked up a bottle of JTS Brown BIB. I am a big fan of BIB bourbons. I am not expecting a world beater, but, I do have hope that it is a solid pour at a reasonable price.

Weller 12 First I have found, local ABC liquor store "Destin Florida" got in 2 liters and a 1.75 this morning. Guy there said its the first they have gotten all year! I picked up one of the liters as there obviously was a limit of one. $29.99 plus tax. Im happy to have found it! The rest was gone by the time I left the building did not last 5 whole minutes!!!

I have been passing on the Stagg Jr in my town because it's overpriced at 70. Well, since I've never tried it before, I decided to give it a shot, so I picked one up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.