What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Fall 2015

JGriff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

That will be awesome to do a SBS! I assume these barrels were resting right next to each other in the rick?

Thanks! Somehow I "assumed" that the ECBP was the real find and the Center Cut was the kicker. I've got way too many bottles open at present, but I think a SBS between the ECBP and the Center Cut would be instructive. Has anyone done a SBS between ECBP and Booker's?

Picked up some 4RSB that's been missing at my bar for a couple of weeks. Need to do a bigger run tomorrow for some 4R Sib store picks (OESK) that was fantastic and now gone.

Sitting on a plane waiting to take off and I get an email from a local store manager saying that OFBB just came in and do I want one? I'm not going to turn that offer down so I sent my wife to get it because he couldn't hold it until I got back. Don't know the price and forgot to ask my wife but this place always charges msrp.

Picked up a store pick 4R OESK that was fantastic. Thought about two but I had another store to check for some other bottles so budget was tapped. Turned out that other store had zero Buffalo Trace and zero Blantons. Sigh. Thankfully there's still that Four Roses for me but the wife won't be pleased about the lack of Blantons

I'm told I got the last bottle of EC18 from the gift shop today. Had to tap a family member in Btown to do me the favor. Really appreciated as well. Hopefully it will make it into my hands by tomorrow night for a tasting.

^A store an hour from here posted they had some, so far I have resisted the urge to drive there for it. Please don't let us know how good it is and force me to go buy a bottle....

...and EC12 yr (with age statement) x2

All EC12's have an age statement.

All EC's have an age statement :toast:

All EC's have an age statement :toast:

Better, yet! :toast:

Sorry for confusion, these are the old labels with 12yr age statement on the front with big red 12

Or am I missing something

Sorry for confusion, these are the old labels with 12yr age statement on the front with big red 12

Or am I missing something

Not that old, but the label did change earlier this year to align with the ECBP label. New labels have the age statement on the back.

On topic, I picked up an OF Sig today.

EC12s now have the mention of age on the back, Radsman--some believe in order to more easily change or eliminate it at some point.

The 12 years is on the back now. What I don't understand is why World Whiskies Awards has ECBP as Best NAS Bourbon. Not that I really take any stock in what they say. Just shows the disconnect in the Bourbon World right now. It's is 100% Age Stated at 12 years old. For now at least!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.