What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Fall 2015

JGriff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Went into a new liquor store today, the shelves were only half stocked. But, I did snag a RRSmB 10yr, which is quite possibly my favorite bourbon. I wish I could find a RR10yr/101 proof, but, I doubt I will ever see one.

Great buy!!

Today I picked up an OWA 1 liter for $26.99 . . . cheers!

Great find Swoboda! I paid $29.99 for an OWA barrel pick a few weeks back. My wife scored me a bottle of OFBB 2015 for $86 today. It was pricey, but it keeps my streak of OFBB going. What a lady!

Great find Swoboda! I paid $29.99 for an OWA barrel pick a few weeks back. My wife scored me a bottle of OFBB 2015 for $86 today. It was pricey, but it keeps my streak of OFBB going. What a lady!

Nice! Apparently, NC was supposed to get something like 200 cases of OFBB, but instead we will get zero, which sucks in a major way.

My wife and I had to go out and about today. We just so happened to be "in the area" of one of my favorite stores. :skep: So, my wife dropped me off, and she went to do a couple errands. I went in, and the manager let me have a taste of their most recent hand picked OWA. These folks managed to pick yet another good barrel. The manager and I chatted for a bit, and I left with two bottles of their OWA. I really don't need any more bourbon, but it's hard to walk away from a really good ps OWA priced at $23.99. :rolleyes:

Cheers! Joe

FR PS OBSQ 11 years 3 months. $60. That is more than I have paid in past for a private selection, but this is the first OBSQ I have seen locally and my first experience with this recipe. Cool nights are upon us, looking forward to tasting this.

Great price on that RHF!

Picked up an Old Charter 8 Year Old (age stated) handle for $20.

Wish we had that up here. RHF is almost always 50 and over here so I had to get it. Passed it many times. And it didn't disappoint.

Nice! Apparently, NC was supposed to get something like 200 cases of OFBB, but instead we will get zero, which sucks in a major way.

That is odd…I asked via twitter to the Old Forester handle and was told they sent some to the state and saw it on the warehouse list as well. Maybe it just hasn't been released yet.

Found a PHC9 over the weekend for $100. Decided to pick one up and left another on the shelf. Then received an email that my local store got some and they're holding a bottle for me. I may skip it and let others have it.

Picked up a few bottles of the new SA OS store pick that I had a chance to help pick a few months back. Came in at 10yo and 105 pf. Really liked it when we tried the samples and it seems to be pretty similar to what I remember at the time. Nice caramel with a touch of fruit and then a nice drier finish. Unfortunately $60 a bottle so the price has gone up since last time.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21612&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=21613&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=21614&stc=1

PM me if interested in the location and you don't already know!

post-8493-14489822832703_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489822832936_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489822833157_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489822832703_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489822832936_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489822833157_thumb.jpg

After being reminded on instagram of a store about 60 miles away that does barrel picks I sent them an email about ECBP. He told me had one bottle left and would hold it so off I went. Ended up with that (Batch 8, at a fair price) a bottle of stagg jr batch 4 and a store pick (supposedly first in the state) of WTKS. Expensive day for the bottles, gas and a nice lunch at a place I read good things about I am a happy camper. No room upstairs for any new open bottles so it will be a while before any of these get cracked. They also had store pick 1792 but I passed since I have one open of their normal offering and there is a local store that has a private barrel I have been wanting to pick up.

forgot to add: he said they would have a store pick OWA soon.... I will be going back for that I expect.

Edited by fozzy71

Found a couple '04 EWSB.

Also found a shop with a couple OWA 107 Single Barrel Selection. Waiting to hear back on price.

While the family was off doing their beach shopping, I was able to hit a few liquor stores around Myrtle Beach. I'm really looking forward to trying the SAOS Rye 7y. I've had plenty of Bookers but this will be my first taste of the Center Cut version. No matter how the fall release craziness plays out this year, I'll count myself lucky for what I've already gotten.

post-10380-14489822833383_thumb.jpg

post-10380-14489822833383_thumb.jpg

That is odd…I asked via twitter to the Old Forester handle and was told they sent some to the state and saw it on the warehouse list as well. Maybe it just hasn't been released yet.

I don't know for sure either way, and the fella behind the counter that I spoke with at my local LS could have been mistaken, but he volunteered the information and seemed bothered by it. My chances of getting a bottle would be pretty slim either way, but hopefully it's not the case that NC's allocation was pulled back.

This was Saturday, but a buddy at Ft Campbell texted some pictures of their stellar pricing... so I was forced to grab:

2x Russell's Reserve 10yr @ $23.90ea

1x Elijah Craig 12yr @ $22.90ea

1x Basil Hayden 8yr @ $27.90ea

Tax free to boot!

Found something I haven't seen in a long time. 750's of Old Fitz BIB so I picked up a couple. Also picked up a couple of Bookers at Costco one 15-3 and 15-4

Because I liked my first bottle do much, I picked up a replacement for my replacement bottle of WT Master's Keep. Also, a Pikesville Rye and Michter's Toasted Barrel.

did a little hunting yesterday and came across some great deals. my WN took hold and I bought a few bottles:

ER10x2 @$28

EC12x2 @$22.50 (new label)

SAOS7 @$35

but passed on Blanton's at $52, but damn that was tempting. also picked up an old fitz BiB for $16.

Went back to the small store I found my last WT 03RB and was able to grab three 375s of it as well. As I was looking behind the counter I noticed they had 200s of VOB BiB 6 yr and bought the 8 of those there as well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.