What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Fall 2015

JGriff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a Blanton's tonight. It's a hard pass when you see it cheaper than RHF. I see a mash #2 blind tasting coming up for a few select friends, as I've got the whole gang assembled (including the old AAA 10 yr).

In Florida, picked up Noah's Mill, Willet's Pot Still Reserve, Willet 2yr Rye, and Michter's barrel strength rye.

When I got back to Texas, I found2 bottles of ECBP for $50. Bought one, left the other.

Because I liked my first bottle do much, I picked up a replacement for my replacement bottle of WT Master's Keep. Also, a Pikesville Rye and Michter's Toasted Barrel.

That's conviction right there.

EC Barrel Proof! Finally beat the flippers to it! $65 after tax, the current #9 batch I believe (135.6).
Edited by O'DubhGhaill

Same here. I walked in to a store I'd never been in before and low and behold' date=' one bottle of ECBP on the shelf left next to one remaining bottle of Old Weller Antique 107. ECBP was $51 and the Weller $32. I was in this store hoping to find a dusty EWSB from 2003 or earlier -no luck there but better luck than I ever hoped for going in!

Edited to add, the ECBP I bought there is 128 proof. I guess this must have been there a while, as that's batch 7 of 9 currently I believe?[/quote']

Nice scores. Yes, that would be #7 from my research.

Finally got a few of the bottles together that I have collected in the past few days now that I am in town for more than 48 hours at a time. A variety pack! A little bourbon, a little rye, a little malt...

attachment.php?attachmentid=21621&stc=1

An Angel's Envy store blend I had a hand in "creating" a few months ago.

PHC9

The new Pikesville rye

2015 Birthday Bourbon

The new WT Russell's Reserve Single Barrel rye with the new somewhat retro style label. The 10yo Bourbon now has this label too and presumably soon the whole line will.

New store pick of 10yo SAOS that I got to help pick.

post-8493-14489822835434_thumb.jpg

Edited by tanstaafl2
wrong year on the Birthday bourbon!

Outstanding collection, and done in a few days no less! Envy! I look forward to hearing your review of the Pikesville. I would very much like to know how it compares to the Rittenhouse BIB, as I don't believe the Pikesville is available here yet.

Unexpectedly found (and purchased) two Old Prentice ER10s on the shelf at a store that I had been to before and found nothing worthwhile. Pretty pleased.

Also noted what I think is 2003 and 2006 Booker's on the shelf (C03-A-29 and C06-B-15), which is interesting as a novelty, but I am adequately bunkered on Booker's and I can't see anything to indicate they would be better or different than the more recent ones I already have. Similarly, there was a whole shelf of the old, old label RR10 (two labels ago if you count the new [ugly] label that just came out), but again I found no reason to purchase them. Also they had 2007 WTKS on the shelf, which is another interesting quasi-dusty novelty that I passed on buying.

Also noted what I think is 2003 and 2006 Booker's on the shelf (C03-A-29 and C06-B-15)

I think those numbers are distillation batches, so given that Booker's is ~7 years old, those are probably 2010 and 2013 releases.

One of the early "roundtable" releases from 2014, before they switched over to the 201x-yy format was C07-B-7, I think.

I think those numbers are distillation batches, so given that Booker's is ~7 years old, those are probably 2010 and 2013 releases.

One of the early "roundtable" releases from 2014, before they switched over to the 201x-yy format was C07-B-7, I think.

Ah, well then the novelty is far less than I thought. Thanks.

Unexpectedly found (and purchased) two Old Prentice ER10s on the shelf at a store that I had been to before and found nothing worthwhile. Pretty pleased.

Old Prentice Lawrenceburg (today's Four Roses) or Old Prentice Frankfort (today's BT)?

Old Prentice Lawrenceburg (today's Four Roses) or Old Prentice Frankfort (today's BT)?

This one, not the really desirable other one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21622&stc=1

post-11439-14489822835664_thumb.jpg

This one, not the really desirable other one.

Nice. I have both as well and noticed that the older bottling is much lighter in color. Or was it the other way around? I can't remember. At some point, I am going to do a SBS tasting.

Nice. I have both as well and noticed that the older bottling is much lighter in color. Or was it the other way around? I can't remember. At some point, I am going to do a SBS tasting.

my older ER is lighter in color than any of my newer bottles.

Thanks for confirming Donuts.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.