What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Fall 2015

JGriff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1792 Binny's pick bottle, loved the first store pick bottle from Binny's I picked up a few months ago so I grabbed this one right away.

Finally broke down an bought a bottle of the latest ECBP. I haven't even opened batch 7 or 8 yet.....

Stopped in one of the local shops to grab a bottle of Old Forester Signature and caught sight of a bottle of Old Weller Antique sitting behind the counter as I was paying the $24 for my OFSig. Asked about it and ended up taking it home too for another $24... Good timing and a little snooping pays off!

Picked up my first bottle of John J. Bowman. I tried a glass of it a few months ago in Texas and liked it quite a bit. Hopefully the experience is the same when I get around to cracking this one open.

Here in Florida for softball. Picked up a 1.75 of Weller 12 for $49.99. Nice surprise.

Stopped in my local corner store that I had a couple bottles on order with and didn't expect them to get and they had my ECBP batch 9. :woohoo:

3x George T Stagg. It's a good day.

Nice smoke!!! I've heard good things about this years Stagg.

Mardbrown: As to that 4-R SBLE... It's awful stuff; so if you want to ditch it, I'll be a sport, and see that it finds a good home..... HA!

[ATTACH]21632[/ATTACH]

It was my lucky day!!!

Congrats. As a fellow Virginian curious if you got this at ABC or went out of state. I haven't heard of it hitting around here yet, but also heard that Virginia only got 15 cases (90 bottles total) so I'm doubting that I'll be able to land one.

Mardbrown: As to that 4-R SBLE... It's awful stuff; so if you want to ditch it, I'll be a sport, and see that it finds a good home..... HA!

Just tasted it and decided it to pour it down the drain. No one should subjected to something that bad.

And to joeterp, yes sir I got it from VA ABC. You pretty much needed to be at the right place at the right time.

3x George T Stagg. It's a good day.

Not tryin' to be a hater at all, but how does this happen with this year's reduced Stagg allocation? I mean, congrats, but damn!

Not tryin' to be a hater at all, but how does this happen with this year's reduced Stagg allocation? I mean, congrats, but damn!

Complete luck mixed with a little hustle.

Store pick of OWA arrived at one of my regular stores so I picked up a case of 1.75's for a fellow SBer who was looking for some and a little for myself as well. Getting pricy at $65 but that is still less than $28 for a 750 equivalent and OWA remains rare locally. While there I stumbled upon some more 2015 Birthday Bourbon and so I added that to the pile. The Jim Beam Harvest collection of Rice, Oats, Tritical and 6 row Barley was also available but at $50+ for a 375 it was hard to justify.

But I do like trying the odd and unusual! I might still cave if they hang around for awhile... :rolleyes:

Store pick of OWA arrived at one of my regular stores so I picked up a case of 1.75's for a fellow SBer who was looking for some and a little for myself as well. Getting pricy at $65 but that is still less than $28 for a 750 equivalent and OWA remains rare locally. While there I stumbled upon some more 2015 Birthday Bourbon and so I added that to the pile. The Jim Beam Harvest collection of Rice, Oats, Tritical and 6 row Barley was also available but at $50+ for a 375 it was hard to justify.

But I do like trying the odd and unusual! I might still cave if they hang around for awhile... :rolleyes:

Was not aware that OWA came in handles, must be nice.... never seen one around these parts, although nowadays just seeing a 750 is rare.

Was not aware that OWA came in handles, must be nice.... never seen one around these parts, although nowadays just seeing a 750 is rare.

It is indeed a thing of beauty!

attachment.php?attachmentid=21634&stc=1

post-8493-1448982284171_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.