What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Fall 2015

JGriff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yesterday looked like a pretty good day for purchases around here.

Tell me about it. Us NY and NJ guys are always last to show up to the party.

Walked into the store with the intention of just getting a PS SAOS9 and a W12. I walked out with those 2, plus a Blantons, ER10, MMCS, and last year's JDHS. I went for the last one to round out the "buy 6, get 10% off" because I'm almost out of last year's holiday barrel, which I really like. The owner said that the B-F rep told him that they aren't doing those anymore, I guess last year was the last time according to that rep. If that holds true, I can't say I'm surprised seeing as how it's October and I'm still able to find last year's without any problem at all.

Shoot, my local bevmo still has 12 and 14 JDHS in stock

Picked up a few odds and ends over the last couple of days. The BTAC was a pleasant surprise as it looked like there was none coming to my favorite store. The Bowman is the first of the new High Rye I have seen in town.

A lot of barrel proof and higher proof whiskey this week! Nothing under 100 proof and the Handy was the lightweight amongst the four barrel proofers at 126.9. The ECBP appears to be the new Batch 9. I wonder if there are different proof barrels of the new JDBP. Seems like there would pretty much have to be. This one is 132.7. It does at least put a barrel number on their as well on the neck. Leave it to JD to automate and print the individual proof stickers that presumably have to be changed for every barrel that leaves the distillery rather than hand writing the info! There is the same sticker on the bottle itself.

Nice finds! I hope to be as lucky this weekend but am not getting my hopes up.

Tell me about it. Us NY and NJ guys are always last to show up to the party.

Some places in NJ didn't get BTAC until December last year.

Yeah. I started drinking bourbon earlier in the year so completely missed last years release. From speaking with folks, NY got BTAC end of December.

Washington State didn't get anything until December last year including Birthday Bourbon, 4RLE and PHC. There were some early release blips of BTAC in late November, but the majority was spread out across a couple weeks in mid December.

OFBB, picked up for me by wife :) Tuuuu blaaaaave!!!!!!!!!

Plus a couple of deep-discount BiBs I've already opened to taste.

Walked into the store with the intention of just getting a PS SAOS9 and a W12. I walked out with those 2, plus a Blantons, ER10, MMCS, and last year's JDHS. I went for the last one to round out the "buy 6, get 10% off" because I'm almost out of last year's holiday barrel, which I really like. The owner said that the B-F rep told him that they aren't doing those anymore, I guess last year was the last time according to that rep. If that holds true, I can't say I'm surprised seeing as how it's October and I'm still able to find last year's without any problem at all.

Good to know about the JDHS, as i really liked last year's too. hoping the SBBP will be comparable.

I tried that SAOS9, and thought it was really great!

Was able to bring home an ECBP, JD Barrel Barrel Strength, and TH Handy.

PH9 Malt

Store pick SAOS 9 YO

W12 (1.75)

OWA 107

SA Revelation Rum

Ought-ta' be a fun weekend.

Didn't go for the 6th for 10% off?...

Mrs. dcbt was in Seattle for bidness this week, so I told her that apparently ECBP grows on trees up there, hint hint nudge nudge, if she ever got the chance to check out a liquor store. She came back with a bottle, but when I pulled it out of her suitcase I figured there was a 99% chance she got regular EC instead (a bourbon fan she is not!), but alas, she came through with Batch 8. Nice work, wifeypants.

Mrs. dcbt was in Seattle for bidness this week, so I told her that apparently ECBP grows on trees up there, hint hint nudge nudge, if she ever got the chance to check out a liquor store. She came back with a bottle, but when I pulled it out of her suitcase I figured there was a 99% chance she got regular EC instead (a bourbon fan she is not!), but alas, she came through with Batch 8. Nice work, wifeypants.

Awesome! And yes, I've seen it in Seattle often.

There's a store by me that has every bottle priced about $5-$10 higher than other places. That means they don't move as much inventory, which is good for finding random bottles from time to time. Unfortunately, I then feel compelled to buy those bottles for $10 too much. As was the case today when I saw a WTRB 108.2 for $49. These are pretty much gone around here, so I bought it. The premium ain't a huge deal to get one for the bunker (my only other 108.2 is open).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.