What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Fall 2015

JGriff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Managed to hunt down a 2005 EWSB. It was on sale too, which is always nice.

I picked up some 04 and 05 last week. I found another shop yesterday with bottles of 04 that are 10 years and 1 month old which is a few months older than mine. For $25 I'm considering going back to grab a couple for comparison.

Also bought Stagg Jr yesterday.

Went to a local to see if they had any ETL (alas, I was a week or two late) and to see what else they had. I picked up an OE7yr 101. The owner then appeared from the back room with a Weller 12 for me. Dang! I love this store.

Found an ECBP #7 for $48 and scooped it up with a bottle of EWBiB for $18.99!

At another store, I found an EWSB 2004 aged 10years 9months, but they are charging $36.99. Finding these for under $28 is what makes this so fun and so rewarding. I might have to cave in on this one though, as I have yet to find a 2004 that old and they only have one. They do have several 2005 from barrel number 666...

None today, but looking to pick up a case of RHF tomorrow. Finally, some has materialized in Elizabethtown.

None today, but looking to pick up a case of RHF tomorrow. Finally, some has materialized in Elizabethtown.

Packages and more had some when I was there last month

At another store' date=' I found an EWSB 2004 aged 10years 9months, but they are charging $36.99. Finding these for under $28 is what makes this so fun and so rewarding. I might have to cave in on this one though, as I have yet to find a 2004 that old and they only have one. They do have several 2005 from barrel number 666...[/quote']

Though I have purchased the majority of my EWSB for $25 or so, I have stepped up to $30 in order to pick up some extra 2003's and 2004's when I have come across them. $35 is probably a bit too much, although this is still fine bourbon at that price.

Bought the Kinsey from yesterday and a bottle of non bourbon JD cask strength. First bottle of JD I can remember buying

Picked up a THH from my main store. There is definitely a smaller distribution of everything this year.. Places that got 15-20 bottles of various BTAC last year are only getting 6-8 this year in this neck of the woods.

I decided to pick up a bottle of Stagg Jr. 132.2 for a not-so-great price of $70 in San Diego. Haven't tried it before, and it'll be my highest alcohol proof purchase so far. I'm going to try it out tonight or on Saturday. If I love it I'll run back and get another bottle. I think they had two left.

On a whim I dropped into this Scottish supply and whisky shop near my office, not knowing they also carried bourbon, and much to my surprise they had one bottle of Weller 12 sitting on the shelf—$31, a reasonable markup given the downtown location. I haven't seen W12 on a shelf here since probably 2012.

Col EH Taylor Barrel Proof 127.2 today for me, don't see many of these around my area I was pretty excited to open it...should have bought the other one but I left it for another to enjoy...need all the karma I can get for the next couple months!

Ugg, trying not to buy but really need a W12 to go with my lone OWA so I might have to hit a few stores and see if any of it made it's way up here yet with all these recent W12 posts/purchases.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21650&stc=1

EHTSmB, Stagg Jr., Cap and Cork store select Buffalo Trace. Never even seen Stagg Jr. on a shelf before. Also bought a big EC12 (not pictured).

Decided to look around Fort Wayne for any bourbon finds. Called The Cap and Cork and asked if they had any ETL. They said the main store had 34 bottles, so I headed over there immediately (5:45 p.m.) and when I got there, it turns out they DID have them... but took them to another store for a tasting at 5:00. We called that store and they had already sold them all.

Sigh.

Going to bourbon hunt all the way back to Nashville tomorrow.

post-11678-14489822848166_thumb.jpg

Happened upon a Thomas H. Handy today. First BTAC bottle I've seen this fall. Wasn't looking for it, just a lucky coincident.

On a whim I dropped into this Scottish supply and whisky shop near my office, not knowing they also carried bourbon, and much to my surprise they had one bottle of Weller 12 sitting on the shelf—$31, a reasonable markup given the downtown location. I haven't seen W12 on a shelf here since probably 2012.

Picked up a THH from my main store. There is definitely a smaller distribution of everything this year.. Places that got 15-20 bottles of various BTAC last year are only getting 6-8 this year in this neck of the woods.

Picked up a few odds and ends over the last couple of days. The BTAC was a pleasant surprise as it looked like there was none coming to my favorite store. The Bowman is the first of the new High Rye I have seen in town.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21651&stc=1

A lot of barrel proof and higher proof whiskey this week! Nothing under 100 proof and the Handy was the lightweight amongst the four barrel proofers at 126.9. The ECBP appears to be the new Batch 9. I wonder if there are different proof barrels of the new JDBP. Seems like there would pretty much have to be. This one is 132.7. It does at least put a barrel number on their as well on the neck. Leave it to JD to automate and print the individual proof stickers that presumably have to be changed for every barrel that leaves the distillery rather than hand writing the info! There is the same sticker on the bottle itself.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21652&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=21653&stc=1

post-8493-14489822848899_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489822849189_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489822849432_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489822848899_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489822849189_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489822849432_thumb.jpg

Walked into the store with the intention of just getting a PS SAOS9 and a W12. I walked out with those 2, plus a Blantons, ER10, MMCS, and last year's JDHS. I went for the last one to round out the "buy 6, get 10% off" because I'm almost out of last year's holiday barrel, which I really like. The owner said that the B-F rep told him that they aren't doing those anymore, I guess last year was the last time according to that rep. If that holds true, I can't say I'm surprised seeing as how it's October and I'm still able to find last year's without any problem at all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.