What Wee Dram Are You Enjoying Now? - Fall/Winter 2015/2016

Darwin
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After some fish and chips, I'm having some Bunnahabhain 12. Rich sherry notes hitting the spot. A very shy note of peat on the finish.

After some fish and chips, I'm having some Bunnahabhain 12. Rich sherry notes hitting the spot. A very shy note of peat on the finish.

Your "fish and chips" reminded me that I had a couple glasses of Jameson Caskmates neat at an Irish pub this past weekend. It was very good. It was light but had a great milk chocolate finish. I will be buying a bottle as the price is quite reasonable.

I had shephard's pie but a couple of the others had fish and chips (made with Guinness actually).

Haven't posted on here in awhile, still enjoying things, just not online as much.

Split a nice after dinner pour of Lagavulin last night with the wife while smoking a cigar.

Deciding to go Irish tonight, with a Knappogue Castle 12 yr PS.

Had the newest Flaming Heart last night. Really enjoyed it but shouln't have poured it because I was way too tired. Will revisit today :-)

Although bourbon has been my go to lately... Redbreast always finds it's way back into my glass. Whether it's the 12, 15, or 21 they are all amazing.

Tonight it's the Redbreast 12. :cool:

More flaming heart earlier and some Signatory 16 CS Phroiag

That Signatory Frog is awesome. Mine is disappearing quickly. And good advice to let the first few pours air a bit.

Having my second pour of Glendronach 15 Revival tonight. My first pour was from a freshly opened bottle, and it had me questioning a bit why I just bought a couple of bottles without having tried it (and not being a huge scotch guy). Tonight, a few nights later, and after giving the bottle and my pour some airtime, now this is coming together. Really good stuff--I can see why Revival has the following that it does. Perfect for a crisp fall evening.

Edited by jeffrey r

The Glendronach 15 sounds like a great choice for tonight. Thanks for the suggestion.

Happy to be an enabler. Except I'd imagine that your "crisp fall evening" is a bit different in Phoenix than mine is in NJ... But enjoy!

Happy to be an enabler. Except I'd imagine that your "crisp fall evening" is a bit different in Phoenix than mine is in NJ... But enjoy!

It's finally starting to cool down, 60 something is a whole lot better than 110+. Won't be long before some idiot lights up the fireplace.

The Revival is one of my favorites. Cheers! :cool:

L8 Clynelish 14, Laphroaig Cairdeas 2015, Kavalan Solist Sherry - A little blending experiment tonight inspired by John Glaser (2:1:1 Ratio)

22292281003_de5f22d612_c.jpg

Decided to celebrate the (almost) end of a cold with a CB Flaming Heart 4th edition. Freaking delicious!! Can't wait to try this again when I'm firing on all cylinders. Zero regrets with this pick up!

For some reason, being under a winter storm warning tonight made me crave some Islay goodness. Enjoying a young (7yr) Gordon & Macphail Caol Ila selected by Binny's, non-chill filtered and bottled at 120.6 proof. Our friend Joe Maloney recommended this one and other than a finish that could be a bit longer, it doesn't disappoint.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.