What bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 2015-16 edition.

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

22 hours ago, Tony Santana said:

Getting nervous about the aging dropping on the EC, so picked up the last EC12 with the "12" on the front label that was on the shelf, and a 1.75 that still says 12 years on the back label.

Thank you for contacting Heaven Hill Brands.  We thoroughly enjoy hearing from our loyal consumers and sincerely appreciate your patronage of our products.

While the Elijah Craig Small Batch package has recently changed, the product is still a 12-year-old Bourbon and is stated as such on the back label.

As a family owned, independent company, Heaven Hill Brands takes inquiries from our customers very seriously and hope our prompt response is evidence of this.  Thank you again for your patronage and if I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Thanks,

Kelly Hubbuch

Consumer Relations Administrator

Heaven Hill Brands

khubbuch@heavenhill.com

I picked up a 4r sb gift box. Passed on some Pikesville for 43, and some Winchester for 22 at the local total wine. A friend recommended the Winchester as a decent sourced bourbon but I passed anyway

picked up another 1792 binny's store select to replace the one I opened from the bunker.  amazed at how much I love this bottle.

Just now, DonutsNBourbon said:

picked up another 1792 binny's store select to replace the one I opened from the bunker.  amazed at how much I love this bottle.

Glad to hear positive reviews of at least some barrel picks. I bought one without checking into in, and then saw how much it seemed like people didn't like it. 

5 hours ago, BourbonGuy said:

Thank you for contacting Heaven Hill Brands.  We thoroughly enjoy hearing from our loyal consumers and sincerely appreciate your patronage of our products.

While the Elijah Craig Small Batch package has recently changed, the product is still a 12-year-old Bourbon and is stated as such on the back label.

As a family owned, independent company, Heaven Hill Brands takes inquiries from our customers very seriously and hope our prompt response is evidence of this.  Thank you again for your patronage and if I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Thanks,

Kelly Hubbuch

Consumer Relations Administrator

Heaven Hill Brands

khubbuch@heavenhill.com

I know what IS, what I want to know is WHAT WILL BE.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2016‎ ‎12‎:‎06‎:‎09‎, DeltaAlphaVictorEasy said:

The Durham C-H Blvd store just got MMCS 750's, if you're into that. The best bottle in the store IMO is the Barrell Bourbon Batch 5- the best 'sleeper' bottle of the fall season. There was some Redemption CS Rye 8yr but it is now gone. The Jack Daniels Single Barrel , Barrel Proof just showed up, it is in a display by the front door. You could try Orange County for the SAOS, they might have some 7yr bourbon left but the rye has been gone since late last summer. Please let me know what the driving time to the distillery ends up being, I would like to plan a trip there myself.

Yeah, I saw those there, but I just picked up a 750 of MMCS at the store over on Alexander about 2 weeks ago.  I've been curious about the Barrell Bourbon, but the price for something I've never tried is a bit of a deterrent.  I might have to pick up a bottle of the JDSBBP though, based on some of the reviews here.  I've had good luck with the Orange County stores, so I might try there, as you suggest, and also there's a Wake County store or 2 that I've seen SAOS at.  I'll definitely post up about my trip to the Smooth Ambler distillery afterwards.

I made my semi-regular pilgrimage to Binny's this weekend, motivated by a coupon.  I am trying to reach bourbon zen, and although I'm not quite there yet, I do impress myself from time to time with my self-discipline.  My wife and I walked out of Binny's spending less than $70 total: some wine (for her), two bottles of beer (for me), and a Binny's Buffalo Trace selection for $25.

Jason

Stagg Jr. batch 5

Looking forward to this one, seems like I am starting to lean towards BT recipe #1 over recipe #2.  Also looking forward to Stagg Jr in a barrel proof tasting with Rare Breed, EC BP, and Bookers.

1 - Private Barrel ER10

2 - Weller 12

2 - OWA

1 - 2014 Four Roses Small Batch LE. A local store owner told me his system showed 2 available, but they were misplaced about a year ago. He found them yesterday and asked if I wanted one. Everything was retail, so it was a great day!

Added one more Stagg Jr. Batch 5 to the bunker.  It's going to be a snowy weekend, 129.7 proof should help keep me warm. 

3 hours ago, Louisiana said:

1 - 2014 Four Roses Small Batch LE. A local store owner told me his system showed 2 available, but they were misplaced about a year ago. He found them yesterday and asked if I wanted one. Everything was retail, so it was a great day!

That's pretty awesome! Kinda the same way that I recently bought my Willett XCF

11 hours ago, beasled said:

Old Fitzgerald 12. Last one I've seen in the wild. 

Greetings from Somerset, KENTUCKY...really enjoyed my OF12...

7 hours ago, JvW said:

Greetings from Somerset, KENTUCKY...really enjoyed my OF12...

Greetings!

It's one of my fave pours so I've been hunting them down...

4 hours ago, kyrocklover said:

Picked up an EC12 for the bunker.

I'm going to go ahead and post this for everyone here, as I sense a developing trend.

Wonder why?:)

2 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I'm going to go ahead and post this for everyone here, as I sense a developing trend.

Guilty as charged. 

Managed to grab a PVW20 at retail!!! Apparently they do exist outside the black market. Very happy about that and can't wait to try it ...

combine_images.jpg

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

Yep. I'm guilty, too.  Last week when we all were talking about the label change.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
to clarify WHEN I did it.

2 hours ago, Paddy said:

I'm not  going to lie…… I picked one up today to see if I liked it enough to buy a half a dozen....  I have always thought it was good, but have always chosen that Henry Mckenna 10-year-old over it. I hate this bourbon game!!!!<_<

3 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I'm not  going to lie…… I picked one up today to see if I liked it enough to buy a half a dozen....  I have always thought it was good, but have always chosen that Henry Mckenna 10-year-old over it. I hate this bourbon game!!!!<_<

guilty, got a half dozen... but it was $21 each for buying 6!

Now y'all making me nervous about EC12. I quite like it so I had to pick up a few at my local CVS ($22.29 if you get 6). They still said 12yo on the back. Haven't seen any with the 12 on the front for quite a while here (except for the only one I have left).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.