What bourbon are you enjoying? Winter 2015/16!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm on a serious 4R roll at the moment. Started with the same OESK I've been enjoying the past few nights. Since the 'E' has been hitting the right notes as of late, I revisited the OESO from the same store pick. Fantastic. Don't have any more "E's" upstairs at the moment, so I'll probably finish with an OBSQ in honor of Paddy.

It's great when you find a picker who shares your priorities!

18 hours ago, flahute said:

I'm on a serious 4R roll at the moment. Started with the same OESK I've been enjoying the past few nights. Since the 'E' has been hitting the right notes as of late, I revisited the OESO from the same store pick. Fantastic. Don't have any more "E's" upstairs at the moment, so I'll probably finish with an OBSQ in honor of Paddy.

Thanks for holding the flag Steve!  I overindulged last weekend, which ended up with a few days of 'no mas' for me. :wacko:

Proudly, I'm back in the saddle with a little dab of OF BIB followed by a PS standard 4RSB.  All is well...

ETL private selection tonight, neat.  The same ETL private selection last night, over some ice.  Was disappointed last night, but this is delicious tonight.  Killed the bottle tonight, but I have a few more of this barrel in the bunker. 

Tonight I've been hitting the Dickel hand selected barrel again.  At the rate I'm drinking it, it will be empty sooner than anything else.  I picked up another bottle tonight out of the same batch.  The higher proof really makes this a winner for me, and it surprised me how much I like it.  There is plenty going on flavor wise and the higher proof gives it enough bite to be interesting.  

Still loving the E's tonight just like a broken record. OESK and OESO. Not sure what's going on, but my palate is extra attuned to these at the moment.

A nice little pour of WLW 134.8 to start the morning.  Wonderfully intense flavor!

8 hours ago, flahute said:

Still loving the E's tonight just like a broken record. OESK and OESO. Not sure what's going on, but my palate is extra attuned to these at the moment.

that OESO is something special.  probably my favorite that I've tried so far.

as for my night, did some VOBBiB and then went to OWA.  both are hitting the right notes for me.

Their is nothing like a clear beautiful night, a WT glass full of ECBP, and a fire...... image.thumb.jpeg.ad759c0186a512044afa909

Just hit 330 acres for the day planting corn. Time to go in and watch gold rush with my boys. Gonna enjoy some GTS tonight!

13 hours ago, DonutsNBourbon said:

that OESO is something special.  probably my favorite that I've tried so far.

I'm not ready to call a favorite yet, but I will say that every OESO I've tried has worked for me. I'll certainly call it "one of my favorites", ha.

Brent Elliott made an appearance at a local store yesterday. I had a free taste of FRSB, but really just went to meet him. Super nice guy. I read somewhere that after Rutledge's retirement that FR was not going to continue the LESmB. Brent said this was not true and that they were working on the 2016 LESmB right now. Not sure where I read it, but if anyone comes across it and it's on this board, pm me and I'll post in that thread. Also, in Brent's opinion, the 2015 LESmB is his favorite of all of them dating back to 2007 and including the 125th. Was very fun to meet him. Wish I had time to stop at home to get my 2015 bottle so he could sign it. 

Last evening, CEHT Rye, and then CEHTBP (127.2).  Both terrific--I continue to be a big fan of all of the CEHT core releases.

A small pour of Parker's heritage 5th edition for me last night.  So fruity and delicious.  I slept well.

Four Roses private barrel selection from Packages & More.  Watched UK destroy LSU and now for a couple of episdoes of House of Cards.  Mighty Tasty!  OBSK, 9 yrs 3 mos old, 118 proof.

Got experimental with an ER + Seale bou-rum earlier. May revisit again in the future but in the meantime blantons and WT diamond while grilling tasted mighty fine.

Started the evening with a couple pours of EC12, then celebrated the UNC win over Duke with some SAOS9 SB CS, and now some ECBP, Batch 8.

• p_elliott locked this topic
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!