What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2016

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1792 Port Finish - I do like this.  It is my last bottle of it.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
UPDATE - The bottle is now empty.

I've been constantly on the go with one thing or another for over a week and a half now. :mellow:  Even though I got off work an an hour late today, I finally decided to relax and have a couple of pours. Old Forester BIB is really hitting the spot tonight. :)

Cheers! Joe

Poured out a generous dram from the bottle of OGD114 that's been staring at me for waaaaay too long, begging to get tipped over. 

Tip 'er I did; in a big way.    About 3 ounce over a single big cube. . . . hit the spot for about two hours this afternoon.      Don't know why I waited for so many weex to re-visit one of my favorite pours.

Relaxing a bit with some ETL.   Nice bottle, no funky taste like some have reported.  Guess I got one of the good ones. 

On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 9:07 PM, smokinjoe said:

Shut up.  Sit down.  Go home.   The King just entered the room.

This is Whiskey Greatness.

image.jpg

Hitting on some Russells reserve 10, thank you Wild Turkey for ending my night on a high note. Apples, oak and a hug that feels like your mom just tucked you in.

Haven't done THIS in awhile, . . .

After finishing my last 1792 Port finish, I just had to have something while finishing up the dishes.  VOB BIB "6" is really hitting the spot.  Goodnight, you all.

I've been in a bit of a bottle killing mode to clear space on the shelf in order to bring up selections from the bunker.

Recently killed bottles include: WTRB, 4RSmB, KC, ECNAS, and Pikesville. Current bottles not yet empty include: Smooth Ambler 7 yr, ER10, Stagg Jr. batch 2, HMcK 10yr, and OGD114. Life is good.

4 hours ago, rcs86 said:

Toasted by 30th last night with OFBB 2015 and 2015 FRSmbLE

Belated Happy Birthday!

First time trying this one.  I find it to be a seriously good sipper.

IMG_3657.jpg

Funny, I wouldn't give you a dime for a bottle of Woodford Reserve, but I am thoroughly enjoying my latest bottle of Old Forester Signature.

Another one that's new to me.  Haven't really cared for Woodford Reserve but after reading a few reviews from you guys I picked this one up.  I am enjoying it quite a bit.

IMG_3663.jpg

years ago bought a 1.75 ER10 that was yech, uh, sub-par for their normal standard.  Would occasionally sip it just to see if I tried it on bad day and only once thought it a little better.  Opened a 375 ER10 that is fantastic, and thought hum, that nasty 1.75 is right here, how does it compare?  It's still nasty.

Trying to finish this blood oath bottle I wasted my money on to clear some space. This Nub cigar is making it better though.

oh wait, this is the what bourbon are you ENJOYING thread, not the mediocre overpriced bourbon thread.... My bad

A bit of the SB HHSS from the first selection.  I still love it.  Maybe it's mellowed out a bit on taste of the finish since I opened the bottle, perhaps...

11 minutes ago, dmarkle said:

A bit of the SB HHSS from the first selection.  I still love it.  Maybe it's mellowed out a bit on taste of the finish since I opened the bottle, perhaps...

HHSS (1st SB Pick) Leaves Not Much to Want, eh?    This is still one of my all time faves.     I just wish I had a couple cases of it in the cellar.

Alas, I'm down to the last bottle... and it's half gone.   Too Bad; but an experience worth having had for sure.

Funny, I wouldn't give you a dime for a bottle of Woodford Reserve, but I am thoroughly enjoying my latest bottle of Old Forester Signature.

WR doesn't get much love around here, but I enjoy it when I have it. I try to snatch it up around gift box time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.