What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2016

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Started with some 4R OESK, and now have some EHT BP with an ice ball while burning some meat on the pit.

I also started with some OESK while grilling lamb chops. I see WTRB later while catching up on Hell on Wheels and The American West.

Had a nice pour of Kentucky Spirit.    A bit too much wood; but that really is picking nits.   A very nice pour, if a bit under-powered.

2008 FR Mariage and wow, what a great bourbon. Definitely one of the best Four Rose's I've had the pleasure of drinking.

Must have been a 4R night as I started out with what I think is my second to last pour of a PS OBSQ. THat was followed by a helping of HH6BIB. Both very nice pours. Hard to believe that the 4R goes down as smooth as it does clocking in at 120 proof.

OGD 114 tonight. Tasting pretty good! Interested to see how this stacks up to the WTRB once I open that one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last weekend I had Four Roses PS OESV, WT Rare Breed 108, and Woodford. I also had a little rye, TH Handy and Michters Rye barrel proof.

A hot July day in Florida called for some Devil's Cut on ice with a buddy. Nothing fancy but it hit the spot. 

So far, standard SAOS7, followed by a PS OESV, and now a SAOS10 SB.  Trying to decide if I need a nightcap or not.

OWA 107, I like the slap in the face flavor of the first few sips.

Had probably the penultimate pour from a bottle of ETL.  After that I thought about going back and finishing the bottle of ETL because it was tasting pretty good.  Instead I went with some OBSO with a touch of water.

Finished the last of my Thomas handy last night, hopefully I'll score another this fall

10 hours ago, meadeweber said:

Had probably the penultimate pour from a bottle of ETL.  After that I thought about going back and finishing the bottle of ETL because it was tasting pretty good.  Instead I went with some OBSO with a touch of water.

I also had a pour of ETL when I got home from work today. Mine tasted pretty good too, so I decided to have another. In doing so, I did finish my bottle. :P

Cheers! Joe

Celebrating some good news at work with a couple of pours: Booker's followed by a FR OBSV. 

My first HMcK10. Very solid, ten year BIB whiskey for $30. There's a lot to love there. 

image.jpeg

Went with saos7, which was great, makes me want to pay for the saos10. Followed by Rittenhouse which I'm not a big fan of yet. Have another bottle, wish I could trade for some etl or chetsmb.

Followed by Rittenhouse which I'm not a big fan of yet. Have another bottle, wish I could trade for some etl or chetsmb.

I think most people would be happy to make that trade too.

I am starting to get into the sa bottles, and I was told the 10 is much different from the 7. FYI

I think most people would be happy to make that trade too.

I am starting to get into the sa bottles, and I was told the 10 is much different from the 7. FYI

Went with saos7, which was great, makes me want to pay for the saos10. Followed by Rittenhouse which I'm not a big fan of yet. Have another bottle, wish I could trade for some etl or chetsmb.

Meant to say pikesville....not rittenhouse

I would guess you could find someone to make that trade. Why don't you like the Pikesville? I've never tried it. I keep buying SAOS rye instead.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Good news/bad news. I'm having a couple of pours from a PS bottle of BT this evening. The good news is, it's absolutely delicious. The bad news is, it's my last one. :( I purchased two of these when they first became available. I finished one rather quickly. :rolleyes: When I inquired about getting a couple more, I received the sad news they were already sold out. :huh:

FWIW, this is exactly why I still keep buying stuff even though I'm trying to limit my purchases and drink down my bunker. Oh what a tangled web, and vicious circle we  constantly seem to find ourselves in. :lol:

Cheers! Joe

22 hours ago, Charlutz said:

My first HMcK10. Very solid, ten year BIB whiskey for $30. There's a lot to love there. 

image.jpeg

FWIW, I buy them one at a time.  Every now and then, I hit a sweet one.  When I do, I go back for one or two.  Like last Saturday.  I'm going back tomorrow to buy the rest of that barrel on the shelf and in the back room.

Indeed, THAT's what I'm having right now.

A nice pour of FRSB that is firing on all cylinders tonight. Delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm continuing my work on a delicious handle of ER10.  Nearing the end, I already know, I'm going to end up craving this long after it's gone...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.