What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2016

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I'm continuing my work on a delicious handle of ER10.  Nearing the end, I already know, I'm going to end up craving this long after it's gone...

ER10 has been popping up here (WDC and NoVa along the I95 corridor) pretty regularly.  We saw NONE for months.  If I hadn't bunkered a bunch last year (or was it 2 years ago?) . . .

Having a pour of OESV to round out the evening and a stressful but productive few days at work. 

First, had a pour of Buleitt (been a real long time since I've had it, probably like 8 years).  Now, ECBP, latest batch.

To me, Buleitt has a bumble gum thing to its nose.  The taste is spicy.  Not terrible, but I can think of bourbons I like better at $20 or less.

In a little over an hour it will be WTRB.  First bottle of this I've had in several months.

My 1st pour was WTMK 17y , one of the finest bourbons in the past 2 years (just my opinion). Now having some RHF

In a little over an hour it will be WTRB.  First bottle of this I've had in several months.

Bit of Booker's for me tonight.

I see the rare breed versus bookers thread is influencing more members!

Doing a SBS of Four Roses tonight.  Store selects of a 12 year OESO, and a 10 year OBSV.  I've really been on a Four Roses kick lately, and why not continue?

Happy Thursday!

Having some WTRB. Have only a few pours left in this bottle and have really enjoyed it. 

Having a pour of something new while watching the RNC.  Pinhook bourbon not bad, but I would rather have OS for the money. 

image.jpeg

I got to try Wild Turkey Masters Keep, and Diamond, and meet the master distiller!  I dropped by a local store and they were there doing a tasting.  The WT products were very nice.  Some one else's bottle is probably the only way I'd try these; my lucky day.  Still no Old Fitz bond, so picked up some JTS Brown.  I had that to watch the Donald give his pitch.   

Edited by PaulO

I've been greatly enjoying Bookers.  It's been a long time since I've had it.  Doesn't need much water for me, just a splash.  The first couple of sips explode with flavor.  After that I think the high proof dulls my taste buds a little.

WTKS on this hot Tennessee early evening

IMG_3622.jpg

Great choice, just finished off a bottle last night, my first WTKS but it won't be my last.

On 7/20/2016 at 0:17 AM, b1gcountry said:

I would guess you could find someone to make that trade. Why don't you like the Pikesville? I've never tried it. I keep buying SAOS rye instead.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Wish I could find SAOS rye as easily as I can find Pikesville.  Haven't seen a bottle of SAOS rye on a shelf in about 9-10 months.

For me, tonight it's Weller 12, followed by SAOS PS - "Smooth Dramblers".

Enjoying 4R local store select OESK that happens to be my favorite PS I've had.  Also some Stagg Jr 132.2 batch #4.  Might try some WTRB 108 after that to finish the night.

Getting started with Old Forester 1897 BIB, enjoying the green apple.  Next round will either be EC Bbl 139.8 or Stagg Jr. 129.7.......still deciding...

Choose, Stagg Jr. 129.7. 

Loads of cherry cola on entry, coating-oily, low alcohol burn.  Very nice

Weller Centennial on this steamy Saturday morning.  I'm not ready for the heat today.

Not Bourbon, strictly speaking; but hit me just right yesterday.   ...About 3-ounces of Jack Daniel's Single Barrel, Barrel Proof over one big cube.    Enjoyed that quite a bit for well over an hour.    Not a challenge as far teasing out the complexity (not there), but well-made, and tasty, if rather on the sweet side.

All in all, a nice afternoon respite from the busy day working to rehab our home after the rupture of the water heater/tank, and subsequent flooded basement.    As far as this recovery goes; Getting there is definitely NOT 'half the fun'.

EC12, Barrell 007, Rhetoric 21, 1792 Full Proof, 1792 Port Finish, and Barterhouse.  Smaller pours of each.  Trying to compare Rhetoric and Barterhouse primarily, but trying to get through some bottles to jump into a bottle of Lost Prophet...

My parents are in town visiting and the kids are going nuts trying to soak up as much attention as possible while they are here. So tonight I had a big pour of WTRB and since that wasn't enough, I followed that up with a nice pour of HH6BIB. Now I am content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.