What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2016

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, Kyjd75 said:

Funny, I wouldn't give you a dime for a bottle of Woodford Reserve, but I am thoroughly enjoying my latest bottle of Old Forester Signature.

I too am a fan boy of the Sig...

On topic, nice pour of MMCS to get my wheater craving fulfilled.

52 minutes ago, b1gcountry said:

WR doesn't get much love around here, but I enjoy it when I have it. I try to snatch it up around gift box time.

I have a couple woodford glencairnes, great deal when free with bottle of woodford

Knob Creek Rye - neat in a Glencairne.  Pretty assertive rye, which I like.

52 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I too am a fan boy of the Sig...

On topic, nice pour of MMCS to get my wheater craving fulfilled.

I cracked open my first bottle of OF Signature last week and really enjoyed that first pour. I'm sipping some WT101 Rye at the moment but you guys inspired me to revisit the sig next. 

Spent the last few nights on the road in South Carolina for business and worked my through a 375 or Blanton's at the hotels and the standby of Makers at the restaurants.

Headed back to SC on Saturday but the beach this time for a little R&R

IMG_0127.JPG.b5b350ea65ff0b77fe7b63d7e61

Starting with some stagg Jr. 132.5.....mmmmmmm good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EWSB 2003.  I also have a bottle of the 2002 open and I'd like to get this one knocked out.   I think I will hit some scotch before I call it a night though.  Guys on another forum were talking scotch today and got me wanting some.

WTRB Batch 3 with ice - we had a BAD storm Tuesday, and I have woodbits all over the yard.  SOMEBODY has to clean this up tomorrow.  Wonder who that will be?

Trying to fall back in love with Elmer T Lee and it's not working. I have a bottle I've been revisiting here and there and it never lives up to the ETL from a few years ago that I loved. Could be single barrel variation, could be that BT is rushing it out the door due to demand. 

Right now, I'm at a point where I don't care to chase it any more. It's not worth the effort. Maybe some day in the future when things settle down, it will be good again.

12 hours ago, flahute said:

Trying to fall back in love with Elmer T Lee and it's not working. I have a bottle I've been revisiting here and there and it never lives up to the ETL from a few years ago that I loved. Could be single barrel variation, could be that BT is rushing it out the door due to demand. 

Right now, I'm at a point where I don't care to chase it any more. It's not worth the effort. Maybe some day in the future when things settle down, it will be good again.

I initially was chastised a bit when I noted a profile shift in the fall of '14.  To me, it's not been the same since... 

I've passed on a few in the past year and I'm not even looking, let alone chasing.  I'm not even a buyer anymore if the price isn't right (above $35).

Cracked open an Old Fitzgerald 12. Solid sipper. Prefer it to Weller 12.

Cheers all!

I initially was chastised a bit when I noted a profile shift in the fall of '14.  To me, it's not been the same since... 

I've passed on a few in the past year and I'm not even looking, let alone chasing.  I'm not even a buyer anymore if the price isn't right (above $35).

Wish I could even find one, I'd probably pay up to 45 to try it. Like trying to find a damn unicorn around here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Finishing off the OWA this afternoon.

Porcupine Tree    Stupid Dream (180G) (2 LPs) (Gatefold) (German)    1999    2005    Remaster    Lava Records/Kscope    NM
IMG_3614_zpszftzietr.jpg

Edited by MTNBourbon

Started the evening out with Buffalo Trace Experimental 12 year old bourbon from floor #9, really good stuff--good mouthfeel and rich bourbon with fruit to balance out.  I have Knob Creek 2001 on deck as well as a single barrel SAOS 11 year (47% or so).

Started with RHF as I'm packing up for the beach trip tomorrow - made the selections to take with so now to pick out some cigars and my packing is done

I'm with Paddy and Steve on the recent ETL - finished my last one a month ago and have no intention to buy another anytime soon.  OTOH, I'm halfway through an impulse buy of JDSiBBP (the 132.4) and am taking it below the mid-point as you read this.  I could buy some more of these.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
add a "it" after taking and before below

7 hours ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Wish I could even find one, I'd probably pay up to 45 to try it. Like trying to find a damn unicorn around here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Not sure you are missing anything at the present moment.

34 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I'm with Paddy and Steve on the recent ETL - finished my last one a month ago and have no intention to buy another anytime soon.  OTOH, I'm halfway through an impulse buy of JDSiBBP (the 132.4) and am taking it below the mid-point as you read this.  I could buy some more of these.

That JDSBBP is easy drinking, isn't it?;)  No bourbon for me tonight...  I'm into the BW 001, again!  :P

Enjoying some EC12 tonight. Yes, actual 12. Though I have a stash I purchased before it went away, I've been giving the NAS a whirl the past few weeks. I came across a random 12 two days ago while on the road and decided to open it straight away since I had just finished the NAS. I have to say that I prefer the 12 by a large margin.

Last couple of pours of this one.  Doesn't taste the same to me as it did a few years ago.  Maybe my tastes have changed.

IMG_3693.jpg

Opened a new bottle of this Hancock's President's Reserve Single Barrel, really smooth, nice, but for the price, would probably not buy again.

Just did a pour of Jim Beam Signature Craft Quarter Cask Finished Small Batch (3rd Release), compared to the Hancock's, I would take this one. Smooth, but not as smooth as the Hancock's, but a bigger bourbon feel on the finish, to me for a lower proof, a way better finish. Overall, the Quarter Cask is a pretty tasty bourbon, forgot what I paid for it.

Edited by MTNBourbon

Sipping a bit of FRSBPS  OESO Oregon Bartenders Guild selected, 54% ABV, aged 12 years 2 months.  Added just a touch of water.  Lots of oak and spiciness--very nice.  This is the only Private Selection I've tried but have an OESK to break into that I'm looking forward to. 

Edited by Journeyman

Working on my last bottle of HHSS#2.  When it's gone, it's gone.  But I am reminded once again of how great this bourbon is.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.