What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2016

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Having some ER myself. Haven't had a pour of it in a while. Finally decided to open one of my bunkered bottles. 

Been on vacation this week so I splurged and opened/killed a bottle of ETL & OGD BIB & almost a 4RSB .  Man I love vacation weeks. 

I'm having some WLW 134.8 neat while waiting for my coffee.  In little sips I'm finding this most enjoyable.  Why I must have mistakenly taken a Growacet.

Later this morning it will be Ardbeg ANB while watching The Open.

Had a little impromptu GBS East Cobb happy hour last night. Many fine pours shared as well as Joe's great pulled pork. Here are a few highlights.

IMG_1257.JPG.3c67badeeffd82564ce514091c8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poured a generous amount of KC120 (Recent GBS Pick) over a small cube, and enjoyed the sweet tastes and mellow aromas as they slowly evolved while that cube did it's work.

I really love this one.    Just a lovely example of the best of Beam's greater-age possibilities.    Loads of cinnamon, brown sugar and sweet caramel, with the attendant oak, and subdued grains.    Very enjoyable, so I went in for another round an hour or so later.

Helped offset the 'pain-in-the-ass' work of continuing to sort through all the stored "stuph" we were trying to salvage from the basement, due to the rupture of the water heater, and the subsequent failure of the floor drains to actually drain.

We had some un-salvageable items (chiefly irreplaceable photos, wouldn't you know).     Oh well, it coulda been worse... it coulda been sewage instead of clean tap water, I guess.

15 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

Still working on the OWA.

Same for me last night - pouring through this bottle to open space on the shelf - did share a pour of PVW 15 with a new neighbor last night though, he'd never had it so I accommodated him

For me, a generous pour of Blanton's SFTB 2015, it's really tasty stuff. For my friend, i poured him a glass of Four Roses LE 2015 SmB, he liked it a lot.

Heaven Hill Select Stock SB barrel.  Been awhile since I've had a glass of this.  What a tasty, complex pour.  Got a thunderstorm and a good, brooding audiobook to keep me company.

I am sitting here enjoying a glass of Col E. H. Taylor small batch even as I write this.

On 7/12/2016 at 6:03 AM, dcbt said:

Ok, I'll bite.  And that occasion was?...

Got a raise at work that was made retro active to include all of last year. :)

49 minutes ago, whiskey buyer said:

I am sitting here enjoying a glass of Col E. H. Taylor small batch even as I write this.

I finished the glass, and I have to say that I really, really like CEHT small batch.

19 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

WSR for me today.

Nice choice of bourbon.

For me, I'm trying Jim Beam Black Label for the first time tonight while grilling beef steak.  It's a big step up from the White Label!. 

On 7/15/2016 at 8:49 PM, $helby said:

Nice poor of ETL while watching Nats/ Pirates game! 

Ditto on what I'm watching.  Just opened a HcK BIB SiB I bought this AM and just took out of the trunk to taste so it's a bit above room temp.  Mmmmm.  Good thing the store is open tomorrow (Sunday), this is a good barrel (for a 10 YO which is about my palate limit) so the trunk will have to make room.B)

Rock Hill Farms...for the first time.  It's going down way too smoothly :)

WhatImDrinking (1).jpg

Basil Hayden "Artfully Aged" bourbon.  Gentle, smooth, soft, pleasant.

A few sips of 7YO OWA, a delightful way to awaken those taste buds.

Sipping on some GTS 2015, could it be better than this, the nose on this one is unbelievable, it smells almost like a cherry coke. No need to speak about the finish. 

Love this stuff, makes me want to move to Kentucky right now.

Cheers everybody ! 

image.jpeg

Started on Pappy Van Winkle 15 which I bought for my wedding last year. Down to the last couple of pours and enjoying it very much. 

Moved onto a Smooth Ambler 8 year single barrel and it's also terrific. 

Cheers all!

Nats/Pirates are in extra innings.  When, I'm having a little extra HMcK SiB BIB I bought yesterday.  It is still good.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.