Stagg Jr.

doubleblank
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Stagg has definitley slipped over the last couple of years (I am currently using my 2012 bottle to make BBQ glazes) and I would have already been inclined to call it Jr. Don't you think this new release should have been called Stagg Jr Jr?

It's been several years since I've seen a Stagg sitting on a store shelf. Now I don't feel so bad, like I was really missing out on something. Thanks guys.

It's been several years since I've seen a Stagg sitting on a store shelf. Now I don't feel so bad, like I was really missing out on something. Thanks guys.

Another sufferer of "better in the good ole days" syndrome.

Another sufferer of "better in the good ole days" syndrome.

Today is the good ole days because we are alive.

But back in the old man memories of the ole days bourbon was better because it was older than the age statement on the label.

Today there is no age statement and the bourbon is green.

Asked my whiskey monger about this, sounds like it may be coming in about a week.

Sounds like I get first dibs on it.

Can't be said enough, made nice with your whiskey monger, and they will make nice by you.

B

Asked my whiskey monger about this, sounds like it may be coming in about a week.

Can't be said enough, made nice with your whiskey monger, and they will make nice by you.

B

Truer words were never spoken! Can't tell you how many times I been offered nice bottles just by talking with managers/employees and letting them know I drink the whiskey, not flip it. They seem to "magically" appear :cool:.

Truer words were never spoken! Can't tell you how many times I been offered nice bottles just by talking with managers/employees and letting them know I drink the whiskey, not flip it. They seem to "magically" appear :cool:.

I find them to be even nicer if you get a chance to invite them over and let you help drink a bit of it!

B

I might add a week to that. Mid August is what we are hearing.

Still not in our distributors system. Can't ship until it is in system.

I might add a week to that. Mid August is what we are hearing.

Still not in our distributors system. Can't ship until it is in system.

Any word on general quantities or if its allocated similar to Antique Collection (i.e. based on total BT sales)?

I know, I'm not holding my breath for the date. It gets there when it gets there.

B

You have got this 100% right,I given samples of things I have for them to try and even have brought back gifts from good old Kentucky.

Any word on general quantities or if its allocated similar to Antique Collection (i.e. based on total BT sales)?

Doubt it will be extremely limited like btac (at least around here). More than pvw/btac but less than eh Taylor line. I wouldn't expect it to last long either. Unless they offer 5 or 6 cases (12 packs), we plan to limit it to one per person.

Sazarac/BT is a smart company run by bourbon AND business people. Using the stagg name rather than BT means they want the brand to be a premium product.

We have no idea on our allocation. Hoping to find out next week.

So we have:

- George T Stagg & Stagg Jr

- Eagle Rare 17 & Eagle Rare 10

- Sazerac 18 & Sazerac NAS

- William Larue Weller & Weller NAS

Thomas H Handy is currently only 6.5 years old. Is Tommy Handy Vodka coming soon?

So we have:

- George T Stagg & Stagg Jr

- Eagle Rare 17 & Eagle Rare 10

- Sazerac 18 & Sazerac NAS

- William Larue Weller & Weller NAS

Thomas H Handy is currently only 6.5 years old. Is Tommy Handy Vodka coming soon?

Just got a sample in and posted our Review of Stagg Jr. Unfortunately it's not an entirely positive review.

Nice review. Thank you. Would a direct side by side with ECBP be doable please? It may be apple to oranges, but they will be compared and are in the same price range. It may be one for a specific mood and the other for another time kind of pour.

Thanks

Hugh

Thanks, appreciate that. It's hard to tell people who you like that what they are doing isn't good, but my it's my job. Ultimately it helps brands make better products when they understand why and where they've miss-stepped.

Nice review. Thank you. Would a direct side by side with ECBP be doable please? It may be apple to oranges, but they will be compared and are in the same price range. It may be one for a specific mood and the other for another time kind of pour.

Thanks

Hugh

I'll request a sample and do a review. We asked for it from Heaven Hill back in March, but I was on the road so much, I didn't realize that we never did get it in... Thanks.

Not a very encouraging review...

Nope. That is the second I have read and neither were kind. It does reinforce how good ECBP is though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.