Stagg Jr.

doubleblank
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Feeling auspicious: I guarantee it won't be part of BTAC. I think it will be around $50 and be available year round starting in April.

Feeling auspicious: I guarantee it won't be part of BTAC. I think it will be around $50 and be available year round starting in April.

So in time for the anxiously awaited event of the year??? The SAMPLER?!?! :grin:

I expect year round availability and higher price, makes sense from their standpoint. When it was announced Eagle Rare 101 was to be phased out we went to New Orleans for the weekend and while there bought as much as I could find and came back with 19 bottles, so, yeah, I'm pretty familiar with 101.

But I ain't paying the price of 4-5 Bartons just to sample a substitute.

So in time for the anxiously awaited event of the year??? The SAMPLER?!?! :grin:

I'm hoping this is correct and that some of the other new COLA approvals (new WTRB, new HH barrel proofers) show up around that time too.

Based on my info which matches the auspicous one, Trey :cool:, it will be around $50 but in limited markets, probably like the HH Larceny release.

Based on my info which matches the auspicous one, Trey :cool:, it will be around $50 but in limited markets, probably like the HH Larceny release.

Even as someone who lives outside of the limited markets... This would be a good thing to see.

I'll set the line at 64.98 msrp. Over or under?

Got to go with the under on this one. I believe BT wants to tap into the <$50 tier of whiskey buyers.

I'm changing my vote to over . . . that way I won't be disappointed or will be pleasantly surprised.

I know you set the bar at $64.98, but I'm going over, $64.99 MSRP. That puts it right at EH Taylor Single Barrel and still under BTAC. However, if this hits at $70-80 don't be surprised when the MSRP of the BTAC is $99.99 for the fall release.

I'll be interested in trying Stagg Jr, however, if it's anything like the EH Taylor Barrel Proof offering, I'll steer clear, even at $50. I didn't find that release very appealing and I tried it every way possible, neat, water, ice, cocktails, . . . still disappointed with that one.

My interest level will likely wane at $55. If it is at or below that price point, I might be a steady customer. Either way, I don't see myself going to the lengths that I have gone to in the past to chase down the BTAC line or the 4R limited editions.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jr. has got some big shoes to fill. I am more interested in what value they bring to the table for my money with this (possible) release. With bourbon interest high they will sell a lot of this product on name alone in the 50-80 price range. No matter what the price point I hope this is a great product that could stand alone with any name on the label.

I'm going to take the under, I think it will be closer to $60. If it's higher than that I'm not sure I'll bite. I'm still hoping for it to be closer to $50-$55

Meaning you've acquired all of your Stagg through nefarious means (hoodwinking people who have no idea what they've got)? :lol:

Our county controlled system in Maryland doesn't rip people off. Though the private stores in Maryland will gladly rip you off.

Really hoping for under. More than ever i pause when spending more than $50 thinking how many amazing values there are still out there.

I know you set the bar at $64.98, but I'm going over, $64.99 MSRP. That puts it right at EH Taylor Single Barrel and still under BTAC. However, if this hits at $70-80 don't be surprised when the MSRP of the BTAC is $99.99 for the fall release.

I'll be interested in trying Stagg Jr, however, if it's anything like the EH Taylor Barrel Proof offering, I'll steer clear, even at $50. I didn't find that release very appealing and I tried it every way possible, neat, water, ice, cocktails, . . . still disappointed with that one.

I set it at 64.98 specifically because I think it'll be 64.99, and didn't want anyone else to "push".

Our county controlled system in Maryland doesn't rip people off. Though the private stores in Maryland will gladly rip you off.

Wow - that's awesome! I've never seen GTS go for under $69 in Atlanta (although to be fair, I've only SEEN it in Atlanta three times - all of which were ones I bought!) Usually it is more like $72-$75, and I've heard of people selling it for closer to $80 (and not to empower them, but if I was completely out and a local store had one for $80 - I'd pay it without blinking).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.