Stagg Jr.

doubleblank
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Per the Whiskey Tree, Stagg and CEHT are the same mashbill and if they are both barrel proof the only difference will be age?

I thought CEHT was a different warehouse. Also a higher rack. Not sure though.

BT has five mashbills, one for rye, one for wheated Bourbon and three for traditional Bourbon. Presumably CEHT is one of the three but with different warehouse(s), selected barrels and Master Blenders I expect it will be it's own thing.

I thought CEHT was a different warehouse. Also a higher rack. Not sure though.

I generally prefer a higher rack.

I understand we can even get a custom rack.

Always go one size up. Adjustments are costly.

BT has five mashbills, one for rye, one for wheated Bourbon and three for traditional Bourbon. Presumably CEHT is one of the three but with different warehouse(s), selected barrels and Master Blenders I expect it will be it's own thing.
Two for rye bourbon.

According to Harlen there are three, low, medium and high rye. Of course he's including Barton.

According to Harlen there are three, low, medium and high rye. Of course he's including Barton.
Harlen says a lot of things.

I don't think he stumbled over that, he specifically mentioned the Barton recipe as the high rye mashbill.

I don't think he stumbled over that, he specifically mentioned the Barton recipe as the high rye mashbill.
That whole thing was highly confused and confusing. The information I have would indicate that Barton is not actually high rye by most standards. Also, Barton-1792 has at least two bourbon recipes in production the one for Barton (& probably Ten High) and the one for 1792 (& possibly Kentucky Tavern). Why did he just randomly throw in the Barton mashbill in with the ones made at BT? It makes no sense.

Donno, but I agree regular Barton is not a really high rye recipe, just rye forward due to the way they make it. As for the rest I must presume the Head Distiller is knowledgeable about what mashbills they have.

Yeah, the timing is consistent with the rumored next release of ECBP, right? So, will we need to camp out in front of liquor stores waiting for it to show up (sort of like the day after Thanksgiving sales) only to find that there is only an allotment of a bottle or two per store? I guess I will have to make daily trips to the liquor store until one or the other shows up. That will get the neighbors talking.

The press release says "Bottles of Stagg Jr. will be limited, but several batches each year are planned." Doesn't sound like it should be too hard to find.

I'm not going to re-read every post about price, but this looks to be below most specuations.

Below most speculations yes, which is nice. But at $40 for the ECBP which is also older, this just seems like barrel strength BT. I suppose 2x the price makes sense.

I also wished they kept the ER/BTAC bottles for this. I really hate these stubby bottles.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.