Stagg Jr.

doubleblank
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Figured BT would have a press release coming soon. Age and price was the only thing I wasn't sure on. They told me that this and the forthcoming re-release of EH taylor barrel proofs would be at different price points.

Still no idea on allotments. If they make this a 3 pack case, I wont be too happy.

If this is simply barrel proof BT, it will be similar to the samples we tried when selecting a barrel. They were very good at barrel strength. Our selection changed when proofed down.

If this is simply barrel proof BT, it will be similar to the samples we tried when selecting a barrel. They were very good at barrel strength. Our selection changed when proofed down.

But standard BT is NAS and probably not much more then 4 yrs old. This will be double that age or more.

But standard BT is NAS and probably not much more then 4 yrs old. This will be double that age or more.

Are you sure? I have heard Harlan say that BT is usually around 8-9 years old. Could have younger juice in it, but you never know with NAS. There could be young juice in Stagg Jr. for all we know.

Well, Harlan would certainly be a better source than me:grin:. Anxious to give this one a spin at any rate.

I'm really glad to see the pricing where it needs to be,not as low as the ECBP but for $50 I can see this flying off shelves as soon as it hits so get in line folks.

A definite buy before you try as I unfortunately have to say these days. :slappin:

Feeling auspicious: I guarantee it won't be part of BTAC. I think it will be around $50 and be available year round starting in April.

Totally called this (just a bit off on the time frame)! Where's my prize?

I also wished they kept the ER/BTAC bottles for this. I really hate these stubby bottles.

Might the picture be of a BTEC 375ml bottle and the BTAC style bottle could still be used for the 750ml size? Hard to tell in the picture and no size is noted on the label shown.

post-8493-14489819502616_thumb.jpg

Might the picture be of a BTEC 375ml bottle and the BTAC style bottle could still be used for the 750ml size? Hard to tell in the picture and no size is noted on the label shown.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16147[/ATTACH]

I would love that. If that bottle is indeed what the bottle will be, it will have to be 750ml because that is the only size on the COLA.

Totally called this (just a bit off on the time frame)! Where's my prize?

How about a wax top ETL?

Of course we may wish for more age or lower cost but I think we're lucky to have the opportunity to buy such whisky. Just ten years ago we wouldn't have even been talking about it.

This is basically the return of ER 10/101

BT figured stagg is hot right now so it's a great way to fill this hole and sell a crap load of bourbon

That's what I was thinking, a younger but higher proof ER 10/101

Let's hope this isn't just charter 101 in a different bottle.

Please, please, please.

That Charter 101 just wasn't very good at all.

How about a wax top ETL?

Yessssssssssssss

I kinda like the stubby bottles. Much harder to knock over.

Yessssssssssssss

I kinda like the stubby bottles. Much harder to knock over.

I agree and it matches me as I grow older. More portly than I was 10 years ago.

I've been looking forward to this for a while, but think it will be a "try before I buy". ECBP raised the bar substantially for me (although I do love GTS), and the timing is less then ideal.

I've been looking forward to this for a while, but think it will be a "try before I buy".

I agree Gary. Even though BT is my favorite distillery, sometimes I'm just a tad bit skeptical about some of the things they do.

I want to try it but I would be more fired up for a Blanton's Barrel Strength or something else out of mashbill #2 at barrel strength.

Will be a buy on sight purchase here. Wait to try and it will be long gone.

Will be a buy on sight purchase here. Wait to try and it will be long gone.

Not to be a smart ass, and I agree with the sentiment of "if you see it, you probably should buy it" if you want to try it. The hoarders will hoard and the flippers will flip so this will fly whether it's amazing or not.

That being said, put me in the I want to try it category, but at the end of the day, I can still choose from 10 amazing 4 Roses Recipes at just about any given time with little to no fuss at roughly the same price from TPS and some other retailers scattered around. If you go by the gift shop there is usually 1 or 2 Rutledge selections to choose from that are typically top notch for $56 at Barrel Strength.

Put me in the skeptical column, EHT BP was not in any way shape or form complex and now BT is using the Stagg name to move some 7-8yr Barrel Proof Bourbon. Hopefully I come across one at retail, if not, I'll probably just stop by the 4R gift shop and drop an extra $6 for less fuss. Can you tell my enthusiasim is waining on these so called special releases?

At what point will a distillery put a turd in a bottle, label it special and sell it for $75? How long after that do you think it will be on the BX for double the price?

At what point will a distillery put a turd in a bottle, label it special and sell it for $75? How long after that do you think it will be on the BX for double the price?

That's a ridiculous analogy and very crude assessment of the mentality of both the distillers and the buying public. You should be ashamed of yourself. Clearly a turd-in-bottle would only sell if said turd was of the wheated variety ( perhaps wheat thins or shredded wheat in the "mash") laid to rest in Stitzel-Weller barrels in 1991 and bottled in an appropriately antique looking package. At that point $75 would be a steal.

That's a ridiculous analogy and very crude assessment of the mentality of both the distillers and the buying public. You should be ashamed of yourself. Clearly a turd-in-bottle would only sell if said turd was of the wheated variety ( perhaps wheat thins or shredded wheat in the "mash") laid to rest in Stitzel-Weller barrels in 1991 and bottled in an appropriately antique looking package. At that point $75 would be a steal.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.