Stagg Jr.

doubleblank
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I know you set the bar at $64.98, but I'm going over, $64.99 MSRP. That puts it right at EH Taylor Single Barrel and still under BTAC. However, if this hits at $70-80 don't be surprised when the MSRP of the BTAC is $99.99 for the fall release.

I'll be interested in trying Stagg Jr, however, if it's anything like the EH Taylor Barrel Proof offering, I'll steer clear, even at $50. I didn't find that release very appealing and I tried it every way possible, neat, water, ice, cocktails, . . . still disappointed with that one.

The barrel proof changed a lot after several months of air time, and now I find it pretty agreeable, like a cinnamon bun. Perhaps it is I who have changed :)

Wow - that's awesome! I've never seen GTS go for under $69 in Atlanta (although to be fair, I've only SEEN it in Atlanta three times - all of which were ones I bought!) Usually it is more like $72-$75, and I've heard of people selling it for closer to $80 (and not to empower them, but if I was completely out and a local store had one for $80 - I'd pay it without blinking).

When found at a county controlled store BTAC is still in the low $50s.

• 2 months later...

The latest intel seemed to put Stagg Jr around/north of $50, limited markets, and perhaps in April. Has anyone heard anything lately? Might this be available at the Sampler?

Not a peep, but I would be fairly well pleased with it around $50, and certainly wouldn't mind seeing it around sampler time. Wouldn't mind seeing it a little later either, however, as most of my money will probably go the the new 4R1B (plus whatever gift shop goodies they have). And I have plenty of EC12BP to keep me occupied on that front.

Edited by MyOldKyDram

I am hoping as well this may drum up some discussion,as I have heard nothing and even with some internet searches come up empty handed.

From a budget standpoint, mid-summer would be great as there isn't a lot coming out that I can think of. I don't envision a lot of purchases this trip to the Sampler either, unless I find some ORVW. Just snagged my 2012 PHC which was a primary objective, and in good shape on EC12BP as well. Although . . . if Stagg Jr is there and available . . . what do we call that in this country? Deficit spending? :lol:

From a budget standpoint, mid-summer would be great as there isn't a lot coming out that I can think of. I don't envision a lot of purchases this trip to the Sampler either, unless I find some ORVW. Just snagged my 2012 PHC which was a primary objective, and in good shape on EC12BP as well. Although . . . if Stagg Jr is there and available . . . what do we call that in this country? Deficit spending? :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Wandering through this thread again....thinking/hoping/wishing we'd hear more soon. Anyone have an update?

Wandering through this thread again....thinking/hoping/wishing we'd hear more soon. Anyone have an update?

Harlen Wheatley acknowledged here that it's something BT is "working on." We got a smile and a "no comment" from Beau Beckman during a BT tour after a barrel selection last month.

• 3 weeks later...
Our county controlled system in Maryland doesn't rip people off. Though the private stores in Maryland will gladly rip you off.

True about the MD county stores, but then again, if you want any of the allocated offerings, the county controlled system will allot you a fraction (e.g., handful of BTAC at most) of what you could potentially get at a private store. Private MD stores are somewhat higher, though I wouldn't say a rip off, especially compared to DC prices. The MD County store prices are an outlier, IMO.

• 1 month later...

Bump on this - rumors say this is coming out in the near future? Is it 100pf or will it actually be Barrel-Proof?

Bump on this - rumors say this is coming out in the near future? Is it 100pf or will it actually be Barrel-Proof?

Barrel proof and very soon. Other details are forthcoming from BT. No idea on distribution, allotments and price.

More EH Taylor Barrel strength coming soon too.

Barrel proof and very soon. Other details are forthcoming from BT. No idea on distribution, allotments and price.

More EH Taylor Barrel strength coming soon too.

Stagg jr interests me. Not so sure about the EH

Believe I lean more toward the Taylor.

Per the Whiskey Tree, Stagg and CEHT are the same mashbill and if they are both barrel proof the only difference will be age?

Per the Whiskey Tree, Stagg and CEHT are the same mashbill and if they are both barrel proof the only difference will be age?

I thought the same thing. Not sure if either will carry an age statement. Was the barrel strength Taylor a single barrel? If so, that would differentiate the two if they are NAS.

I thought the same thing. Not sure if either will carry an age statement. Was the barrel strength Taylor a single barrel? If so, that would differentiate the two if they are NAS.

there was a Single Barrel CEHT and a Barrel Proof. IIRC the BP was not single.

I'm as skeptical as anyone about all this, but let's not underestimate the impact of barrel selection on the finished product. Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Stagg and Old Charter all taste pretty different. BT has a variety of warehouse designs and locations to choose from. That can make a big difference.

Here is to hoping it's an equal or superior product to the ECBP with greater distribution numbers,because if it's a BT product we sure as hell know it won't be cheaper.:grin:

Here is to hoping it's an equal or superior product to the ECBP with greater distribution numbers,because if it's a BT product we sure as hell know it won't be cheaper.:grin:

Seriously doubt it will matter. Bet it moves just as fast as the ECBP. Hell I'm just hoping for one at this point.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.