What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finished off the 375 Blantons first then did a triple pour of EC12 w/water so I'm done for the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Working on finishing off a bottle of OF 1920.  Won't finish off tonight but will soon.  However, I have enjoyed this bottle from the first pour through the pentultimate pour.

12 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I picked it up here at a local store. 

Ok thanks. So they finally released it then.  I'll be on the lookout soon.

So I guess it's another wheater night. Joe is rubbing off on me. Pulled out the Sweet Wheat for the first time in a long time. Something was a bit off, but I think it was my palate still recovering from last night's office winter party. Following with the final (large) pour from my RY10yr SiB. The palate is warmed up and ready to go because it's tasting as beautifully as it has been the entire bottle. Still working on it but I've already decided to finish with some OWA.

Three (3) fingers of RHF in a mason jar after a LONG weekend of officiating at an Age Group swim meet.  Helped ease the pain of observing a 13-year-old kid swim a 15 minute 1000yd freestyle (among other things).  SWMBO said I didn't even snore last night!!!!!   :lol:

21 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

Out running some errands and stopped into Harry and Izzy's for a pour.  They had a bottle of 2016 OF Birthday getting low, went with that for $17.  He dumped the last 4-5oz into a rocks glass, I can't complain.  Half way through it :D

IMG_0462.JPG

Very nice.

20 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Running low on that 15´ Stagg, hopefully some 16´ is on the way home. 

Cheers! 

Will.

IMG_8062.JPG

You've been drinking some pretty awesome stuff lately.:)

1 hour ago, MTNBourbon said:

You've been drinking some pretty awesome stuff lately.:)

I can't help, i can't save it, bourbon is for drinking, not looking at it, right ? :)

Tonight, no LE's, ill try for the first time HMK 10 yo, i'm really exited about this one. 

Cheers! 

Will.

4 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

I can't help, i can't save it, bourbon is for drinking, not looking at it, right ? :)

Tonight, no LE's, ill try for the first time HMK 10 yo, i'm really exited about this one. 

Cheers! 

Will.

HMK 10yr Sib is one of my favorites. I just finished a bottle a few weeks ago and it was one of the best bottles that I have ever had.

7 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Cheers! 

Will.

Exactly.

Out at a work related dinner over the weekend and of course I knew in advance that the bourbon and whiskey selection was going to be marginal at best. So I decided to find something that needed to be finished off and filled up my KGB flask!

That turned out to be a 12yo BT Experimental Collection Mashbill #1 from floor 1 of the rickhouse. Really lovely sweet caramel nose that carried into the palate and made a pleasant choice for dessert!

My company had it's annual awards banquet Saturday night. We changed venues this year, and the festivities were at a local brewery/restaurant known for it's beers. Like Bruce stated above, I knew going in that the bourbon and whiskey selection would be lacking. At least they had MM, so I made due with that.

To get back on track, I opened a bottle of Stagg Jr batch #5 when I got home from work today. ;) Ahhhh. That's more like it. :P

Cheers! Joe

I'm sipping from a pour of A. Bowman Wheated (release 14) to start the evening

Has yours been open for a while or is this a new bottle? Has it changed any?

23 hours ago, poli_sci_prof said:

Had a HH BiB for lunch, EC NAS in the afternoon, and then an EW BiB for dinner. 

Etown native here. Have also been on the BiB train lately; enjoying OGD BiB

Had my annual review today, all very positive.  I've been better about not drinking during the week so far this year, but tonight I'm making an exception to celebrate.  Of course, I'm plugging away at the Balcones, though; I'll save a good pour for this weekend...

Having a 2013 Noah's Mill tonight. Bottle's about 2/3 gone and for the first time, I'm getting a unique peppermint note that reminds me of the soft, sweet peppermint candies I get in my stocking at Christmas.

3 hours ago, Clueby said:

It was a Sazerac night again.

20170130_214904-747x1328.jpg

I guess this should have technically been under the "What Rye" heading...

Batch #5 Stagg Jr. again. FWIW, I like this one too. :) I might post some tasting notes later, once I figure this bad boy out. ^_^

Cheers! Joe

21 hours ago, grantsi said:

Has yours been open for a while or is this a new bottle? Has it changed any?

It's been open for a while - it's got a bit of heat compared to most other wheaters but that's mainly the oak - at 11 years I haven't noticed much change in it since I opened it a month or more back - been through about 1/3 of the bottle at this point.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.