What bourbon did you purchase today (winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just now, beasled said:

Thanks. And congrats again on the GTS! :D

Thanks, i fought for this one.;)

58 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

This is a good week for me, I snagged a 2016 GTS

Cheers!

Will.

Very nice.

46 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

This is a good week for me, I snagged a 2016 GTS

Cheers!

Will.

Nice find. I haven't seen any of the BTAC for quite some time around here.

48 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Very nice.

Thanks, very happy about this one.

46 minutes ago, emr454 said:

Nice find. I haven't seen any of the BTAC for quite some time around here.

Thanks.

19 hours ago, bourbs bro said:

are you saying buffalo trace costco store select? was it last bottle? called the costco's in vegas and they said they didn't carry it.  family lives out there, was gonna have them grab one for next time i visit in a few months.

Yes, Costco Barrel Select (has its own sticker on the side as with other barrel selects).

You probably need to call the Henderson, NV Costco (on Marks Street) -- that is on the SE side of town.  When I was there, there were more than a few cases.

They also have the new Booker's, Noe Hard Times, as well for < $50.

Edited by robertckim

today I picked up:

2x blanton's for 48 bucks which is the best price i've ever seen and I've never bought my own blanton's, only sampled from a friend

regular knob creek with the 9yr age statement gift set with glasses (been wanting to bunker a few AS ones, saw it with some glasses so grabbed it

handle of EC big ol' red 12

finally found a HMBiB10yr

and an ETL

5 minutes ago, bourbs bro said:

today I picked up:

2x blanton's for 48 bucks which is the best price i've ever seen and I've never bought my own blanton's, only sampled from a friend

regular knob creek with the 9yr age statement gift set with glasses (been wanting to bunker a few AS ones, saw it with some glasses so grabbed it

handle of EC big ol' red 12

finally found a HMBiB10yr

and an ETL

A fine day's work.  I grabbed one Blanton's yesterday at 49.99 and thought I should have grabbed the other one.  Hope you love the HMBiB10.  Quickly became a favorite of mine...

11 hours ago, beasled said:

A little dusty from Italy. 

Cheers all!

ew_1993.png

oh wow.  very nice! jealous 

2 FC 103's with the 6 year age statement @ $16 each.  Not many of these left on the shelves in my area.

Went in to my regular shop to get an OF1920.  As usual talked to the manager and as always, asked if he had anything stashed away that came in recently.  But this time he said he'd look in a box he had some stuff stashed away.   He then comes out with a 2014 GTS and 2015 THH which I purchased at retail.  This was a great score and surprising since he's been holding out on these for a while now.  

14 hours ago, Redslayer said:

2 FC 103's with the 6 year age statement @ $16 each.  Not many of these left on the shelves in my area.

I grabbed a bottle of FC 6 year a few months ago and was very surprised at how much I liked it. I have been searching for another 6 year ever since.

Good luck with your search.  I was lucky enough to find a 1.75 L FC with the age statement last month...not sure if they even offer 1.75s anymore.  I have searched quite a bit and doubt I'll find many more.

Had a day trip for business to KC yesterday. Ended up in Overland Park, KS as well.  Selection seemed pretty similar between the KC and MO sides of KC.  I hit about 4 stores before running out of time and money (and energy!)  Didn't find anything TOO "special".  Had most of the same selections as St. Louis..just easier to find and more plentiful.  Pretty much every store I stopped in had CEHTSMB, ER10, S.JR, AE, WSR stacked 10 deep.  Most stores had something this is quite a bit more difficult to find locally. BMH, CEHTSiB, AERye, etc.  Saw no Blanton's, ETL, ECBP, etc. even at inflated pricing.  I did see one lone YKY ($64) and a WTMK17 ($159).  One store had a closeout on Talisker Storm for $35.  Was tempted.

I ened up grabbing a SJr 132.5 for $49.  The wife recently declared SJr as her favorite so I thought I should stock up.  I also broke my own addage that I usually pass on CEHTSiB over the SmB as it's not THAT much better but they had it priced at $57 so I bit.  Also found more BT Bourbon Cream for $25.  I paid $20 locally but was only ever able to find one bottle.  They had about 10 bottles on the shelf in KC.

kcb.jpg

I also saw several tubes of the CEHTSmB printed in different color ink.  Some had the "Small Batch" and "The Label" printing in yellow and some in orange like the rye.

6 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I also broke my own addage that I usually pass on CEHTSiB over the SmB as it's not THAT much better but they had it priced at $57 so I bit.  

Really can't go wrong with either..I have enjoyed both recently...the SmB is just easier on the wallet and did not seem to be as sweet as the SiB that I sampled.  Great price on the SiB!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.