What bourbon did you purchase today (winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this but I bought a bottle of Blood Oath Pact 2 for $89. Usually it has to be something special for me to spend over $60 but I was intrigued that the 7 year rye was finished in port barrels. At least it's a good looking bottle and I can vat some cheap heaven hill into it if I ever have a guest over that buys their bourbon on the facebooks ; )

26 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

Picked these up today. Tried the Pikesville in the parking lot and went back in for a second bottle. It was on sale for $35.

I was very tempted to do the parking lot taste test on my last road trip.  I did get one Bottle of Pikesville, but probably should have bought two.  I also had a Rare Breed in my hand and...well...I guess that's why I have a car.  To go BACK!

2 hours ago, JTaylor said:

Picked these up today. Tried the Pikesville in the parking lot and went back in for a second bottle. It was on sale for $35.

IMG_1457.JPG

Awesome price on the Pikesville!  It is one of my favorite newly introduced whiskeys over the past few years.  I can generally find it for $42.99 but occasionally on sale in the upper $30s.  

2 hours ago, JTaylor said:

IMG_1457.JPG

I've seen Pikesville in one store lately for $55. I'd definitely give it a go at $35.

16 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Thanks for the heads up, i was a little pricy, though, €62/bottle. How much is it in the US ?

It's $60 in VA, but I'm sure it can be had for less in more friendly states (i.e. not state-controlled ABC's).  I got a bottle in Chicago for $50 about a year and a half ago.

9 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

Damn! You still can find this Batch #6? Got to be up there in price though?

I still can find it, sadly they charge €89 for it, retail price in Europe is about €65, so I don't mind paying an extra for a 140 proof excellent bourbon. 

9 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

The cheapest I saw a 750 of MMCS here in the states was $48.00, but that was well over a year ago. I used to find it regularly for $51.00, but the price increased to $53.00 two or three months ago.

Cheers! Joe

Hey Joe, 

ive seen at €120 + delivery at Master of Malt. So €60 is not so bad, I can't wait to taste, do you know how old is it ?

Cheers! 

Will

15 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Hey Joe, 

ive seen at €120 + delivery at Master of Malt. So €60 is not so bad, I can't wait to taste, do you know how old is it ?

Cheers! 

Will

I notice there's a few 70cl bottles around in Europe at the €60- €70 point. Looks like it is finally coming to europe! 

7 hours ago, KrispinD said:

Found an OWA! On a shelf! For $30!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice score! Haven't seen OWA in this area for a while

3 hours ago, beasled said:

I notice there's a few 70cl bottles around in Europe at the €60- €70 point. Looks like it is finally coming to europe! 

Found it in The Nederlands. Did you taste it ? 

13 hours ago, Thirsty Adam said:

0153aee9cf25d634743db51e4394d053.jpglooking for are to enjoying this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy it ! It's a great one.

Will

1 hour ago, Masset1982 said:

Found it in The Nederlands. Did you taste it ? 

Got a US one bunkered, not opened yet.

6 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

I still can find it, sadly they charge €89 for it, retail price in Europe is about €65, so I don't mind paying an extra for a 140 proof excellent bourbon. 

That's great, that you can.:)

6 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Hey Joe, 

Cheers! 

Will

I believe it's the same age as standard MM (or at least I haven't heard anything otherwise). I believe that's right around 6 years. 

OWA $28 - they had 8+ bottles on shelf

SAOS 10 $55

12' George Dickel Barrel Select -$30

Edited by Jkersh

Purchased my first Barrell product. Batch 10. I went for this one since it was MGP and not Dickel and read that it had an unusual aging story being transferred to different regions. Figured it was worth a shot. 

40 minutes ago, KyleCBreese said:

Purchased my first Barrell product. Batch 10. I went for this one since it was MGP and not Dickel and read that it had an unusual aging story being transferred to different regions. Figured it was worth a shot. 

I just poured the last of the batch 10 I had, this batch has a very noticeable orange peel note to it. I liked it, but not as much as batches 8 & 9.

On 1/19/2017 at 0:53 PM, JTaylor said:

Is the "Frankfort-Clermont" on the label a dead giveaway that it is post-NDI as well?

Yep that too

1 minute ago, Nm0369 said:

I went "treasure hunting" this morning and hit pay dirt.  20% off a very hard to find bottle.  :DIMG_0443.JPG

Very nice, I'm a little jealous right now

2 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Two more Wild Turkey 12 yo added to my bunker.

Cheers!

Me too! Blue labels, though...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.