What bourbon did you purchase today (winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 minutes ago, emr454 said:

I too enjoyed OF Sig the one time I bought it. This one keeps getting passed over at the store so I'll be curious to know what you think about it. Cheers!

Keep buying the OF Sig! Good Shit, for the price. Give me a few days before I try the OF86 out.

2 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Keep buying the OF Sig! Good Shit, for the price. Give me a few days before I try the OF86 out.

Haven't seen the Sig for a couple years now, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, emr454 said:

Haven't seen the Sig for a couple years now, unfortunately.

That sucks! When I lived in UT, used to get 750ml bottles for either $23/$24 on sale (alot), otherwise $26/$27. Money well spent.

Found 3 bottles of EC12 ASOB today after a couple months of looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing!  I live in Indiana and can post this same message every Sunday.  [emoji20]

Likewise for Oklahoma

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Saturday picked up a OGD 114 and a store pick 4R OBSQ. They also had an OESK that will come home with me later but the Q has been out longer and not much left. The K is quite recent so I've got a few weeks. But oh yes, it will be mine!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Well.......even though I endeavored to abstain from any and all purchases in the month of January, I came across a deal that was too good to pass up. I picked up (3) WT101 handles for $25 each. The sale wasn't going to last until the end of the month so I made an exception. I ordered them on the web for local pickup later. I'll wait until Feb. 1 to retrieve them in order to "sort of" fulfill my goal.

1 minute ago, Paddy said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:lol: (just when I thought you were gonna make it)!

Seriously! But you just can't pass up that deal! It's like $11 for a WT101 750ml (or something close like that).

I may be laughing my ass off, but I'm not judging!

No one understands your conundrum more...than those who reside here.  :D

Didn't buy these today, bought them (received them in the mail) last Friday. 

A bottle of ECBP 136, and three bottles of FRSiB PS (Crown Liquors Indianapolis, IN) OESV, OESO, and OBSO.

Have not opened any of the new bottles, working on clearing out a few "half empty" bottles first.

I now have all 5 low-rye FR selections. Going to do a SBS blind taste test of the five low-rye bottles to see what "yeast" option I prefer.

10 hours ago, flahute said:

Well.......even though I endeavored to abstain from any and all purchases in the month of January, I came across a deal that was too good to pass up. I picked up (3) WT101 handles for $25 each. The sale wasn't going to last until the end of the month so I made an exception. I ordered them on the web for local pickup later. I'll wait until Feb. 1 to retrieve them in order to "sort of" fulfill my goal.

You guys are killin' me with these WT handle prices :o

Seriously though, great find!

11 hours ago, emr454 said:

You guys are killin' me with these WT handle prices :o

Seriously though, great find!

It's because of Trader Joe's. I don't know why those guys sell it for that little, but when they do, Total Wine price matches them to not lose the business. I wait for the TW price match so I can accrue points towards my member status.

22 hours ago, flahute said:

Well.......even though I endeavored to abstain from any and all purchases in the month of January, I came across a deal that was too good to pass up. 

I didn't think I'd be buying anything for awhile, but then came across this. For just a few bucks over retail I couldn't pass it up

P1090918.JPG

Picked up a bottle of old forester single Barrel and SOAS 10yr SiB. Saw some high west bourye on the shelf. Should I buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Vosgar said:

I didn't think I'd be buying anything for awhile, but then came across this. For just a few bucks over retail I couldn't pass it up

P1090918.JPG

Fantastic!

No matter how strong my resolve, I'd immediately cave for that one as well.

9 hours ago, flahute said:

It's because of Trader Joe's. I don't know why those guys sell it for that little, but when they do, Total Wine price matches them to not lose the business. I wait for the TW price match so I can accrue points towards my member status.

That's quite a deal, and a good strategy. We have a Trader Joe's locally but in NY liquor has to be sold in a dedicated liquor store. Our Costco has a separate building attached to it that sells wine and liquor but the selection is terrible.

9 hours ago, Vosgar said:

P1090918.JPG

Very nice catch, so jealous right now! Congrats!

1 hour ago, beasled said:

2 bottles of Weller 12 for the bunker. 

Have not seen that around here in a while.

2 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Have not seen that around here in a while.

The UK distributor has been sitting on some for a while, seems like they are eeking their way out. 

We've not had any since 2015 before this lot, so i assume this is from last year's lot. 

6 minutes ago, beasled said:

The UK distributor has been sitting on some for a while, seems like they are eeking their way out. 

We've not had any since 2015 before this lot, so i assume this is from last year's lot. 

Definitely nice that you found some, enjoy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.