What bourbon did you purchase today (winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 1/17/2017 at 7:16 AM, skiwez2 said:

picked up 3 bottles of ER10 for $35. Haven't seen it in nyc area for under $40 in awhile

If you make it out to NJ at all Both the Costco and the Trader Joe's in Clifton on RT 3 have it $29.99 and Shoppers Vineyard in Clifton currently has a Single Barrel Store pick for $32 https://www.shoppersvineyard.com/websearch_results.html?kw=eagle+rare

33 minutes ago, emr454 said:

Finally found one in the wild!

20170118_162435.jpg

Very nice find.. excellent price:).  I paid 59.99.  

Ordered a Rebel Yell 10 SB, winging its way to a friend in NY. Gotta wait a couple of weeks before it arrives here. Not sure we'll see it here for a while. 

Cheers! 

Got another bottle of 1792 full proof single Barrel, and 2-375s of Buffalo trace single Barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, BB12 said:

Very nice find.. excellent price:).  I paid 59.99.  

2 minutes ago, Kness said:

Unbelievable price for NY 

I've seen $48.99 on shelf tags, but the shelves were empty. No wonder, at that price.

5 minutes ago, emr454 said:

I've seen $48.99 on shelf tags, but the shelves were empty. No wonder, at that price.

The only one I've EVER seen on a shelf was $65.99 + tax.  No shelf tag.  Had to ask the price. Was expecting worse.  I bought it.

The only other bottle of it I have I bought from an internet vendor and it cost me $75 including shipping (I think it was $59.99 plus shipping) so not THAT much more than the with-tax price at the brick and mortar.  I'd buy as many as I could at $48.99...or $51.99!

If you make it out to NJ at all Both the Costco and the Trader Joe's in Clifton on RT 3 have it $29.99 and Shoppers Vineyard in Clifton currently has a Single Barrel Store pick for $32 https://www.shoppersvineyard.com/websearch_results.html?kw=eagle+rare

thanks for the heads up, bday is coming up may require a trip to the other side of the river[emoji4]

On 1/15/2017 at 8:25 PM, KrispinD said:

Today I picked up my first bottle of OGD BiB. Solid, but for the same money I prefer OGD 114

I just finished a bottle of OGDBIB, and today brought home a bottle of OGD114, enjoying it now.  Its good, its different, its stronger in both flavor and heat.  As usual, I will not draw a conclusion, till I've drained at least half the bottle.  These things have to be studied.

IMG_0441.JPG

Picked this up at Big Red today after doing some research.  It's 9yr MGP sourced 35% rye mashbill that's finished for 9 months in an "antique barrel".  The antique barrels were open air dried for 24 months, apparently 6 months is standard before forced drying.  I'm very happy with the first pour, has a great nose.  I get baking spices, sweet bread and hints of caramel/vanilla.  The rye spice is very present in palate and finish.  Plus I like the bottle :D

Edited by Nm0369

14 minutes ago, Nm0369 said:

IMG_0441.JPG

Picked this up at Big Red today after doing some research.  It's 9yr MGP sourced 35% rye mashbill that's finished for 9 months in an "antique barrel".  The antique barrels were open air dried for 24 months, apparently 6 months is standard before forced drying.  I'm very happy with the first pour, has a great nose.  I get baking spices, sweet bread and hints of caramel/vanilla.  The rye spice is very present in palate and finish.  Plus I like the bottle :D

I've got a bottle of this from The Party Source. It's really nice and I will be sure to grab another if they are still available next time I am up that way. OKI has some nice stuff that I wish was more widely available.

52 minutes ago, Nm0369 said:

IMG_0441.JPG

I have seen the standard bottle around.  Don't recall the age.  Is this the one that they offered as a VIP offering a while back?

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

I have seen the standard bottle around.  Don't recall the age.  Is this the one that they offered as a VIP offering a while back?

Yeah it was, they put a few bottles out on the shelf this week.  The standard OKI they have is 10yr, same MGP mashbill.  I'm very tempted to grab a bottle of it as well with the SAOS stuff happening....might be another solid option.

First bottles of Evan Williams SiB and Rittenhouse Rye. Plus a refill on Eagle Rare.

I just finished a bottle of OGDBIB, and today brought home a bottle of OGD114, enjoying it now.  Its good, its different, its stronger in both flavor and heat.  As usual, I will not draw a conclusion, till I've drained at least half the bottle.  These things have to be studied.

Good man. Back to work, now.

On 1/16/2017 at 11:01 AM, JTaylor said:

NICE!! I can't find one in the U.S.!

Really? I've seen it in NY for about $80

Scored a 1.75 of EC 12 age stated on front. Was pretty happy!  Also found a dusty old Taylor 6 year. Thoughts on that. I passed on it but may run back and grab it!?

20 minutes ago, Clay Cline said:

Scored a 1.75 of EC 12 age stated on front. Was pretty happy!  Also found a dusty old Taylor 6 year. Thoughts on that. I passed on it but may run back and grab it!?

I'm not an expert on Old Taylor but if it's from the National Distillers era it's a must buy in my book. A generous fellow shared some Old Taylor with me a few years back and it was the best bourbon I've ever had. Think liquid butterscotch candy.

As part of my "Best for under $25" search I picked up a bottle of JBDC.

Not bad stuff. Seems to have a bit of a fresh cut oak flavor to me. Much more robust than JBW.

Fairly sweet arrival. Then oak and cin come in. Moderate finish of sweet oak that dries slightly.

EWB is still at the top of my list here. Hopefully I'll get a chance at JB double oaked soon.

Hi everybody, 

Snagged 2 Maker's Mark Cask Strength at a really good price, i hope it's better than the regular which i'm not a fan of. 

15 hours ago, beasled said:

Ordered a Rebel Yell 10 SB, winging its way to a friend in NY. Gotta wait a couple of weeks before it arrives here. Not sure we'll see it here for a while. 

Cheers! 

Really nice, i'm very curious about this one, a 10 yo Wheater single barrel is always a good thing.

Let me know how is it after you'll try it.

Cheers!

Will.

9 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Hi everybody, 

Snagged 2 Maker's Mark Cask Strength at a really good price, i hope it's better than the regular which i'm not a fan of. 

I find it to be significantly better. I'm not a fan of the standard MM but I enjoy the 46 and the CS. 

1 minute ago, JoeTerp said:

I find it to be significantly better. I'm not a fan of the standard MM but I enjoy the 46 and the CS. 

Thanks for the heads up, i was a little pricy, though, €62/bottle. How much is it in the US ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.