What bourbon did you purchase today (winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Been looking for EHTBP for quite awhile without any luck. Good to know it's actually in Illinois. 

8 hours ago, garbanzobean said:

Purchased a bottle of Old Ezra 7yr 101.  Price was a little high at $21.99, but this was the first time I'd seen it in Maryland.

Nice, Any chance you might share whereabouts  in md?

Been looking for EHTBP for quite awhile without any luck. Good to know it's actually in Illinois. 

This had apparantely been on the shelf for 3 weeks...shop keep couldn't believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Well, here we go again. I acquired a bottle each of Stagg JR Batch #5 and Batch #6 today. :rolleyes:

I thought I had my Whiskirexia Nervosa under control, but I guess I don't. :unsure: For any of you newer members that are wondering about Whiskirexia Nervosa, below is a link to an old thread explaining it.

Good luck.<_<

https://www.straightbourbon.com/community/topic/10881-do-you-have-it/#comment-148621

The audacity of thinking to yourself that your Whiskerexia Nervosa was under control surely doomed you to this uncontrollable purchase.

2 liters of OWA. 2 EW BIB. 1 BT. OWA and special reserve still pretty plentiful in Oklahoma!  Seems like it's out all around us though!

Yesterday, grabbed another 10 year single barrel barrel proof SAOS bourbon, at just under 98 proof. $58. They had both 10 and 11 year barrels and both just under 100 proof. I buy 'em when I see 'em, unless they're the regular $70 price.

anymore, just give me any HH bond, or any barrel proof MGP adequately aged stuff, and I'm happy

Picked up an aged-stated KC for $24.99. Price is fine and I assume the age stated bottles will start becoming harder to find pretty soon, since KC sells good volume so I assume stores will turn over their inventory faitly quickly

Coming back through NC on a trip, I grabbed a few:

Barrell Bourbon Batch 007

Barrell Bourbon Batch 009

Virgin Bourbon 7yr 101 proof

Fighting Cock 6yr age stated

Heart of Mystic Single Barrel 2 yr cask strength

20 hours ago, grantsi said:

This had apparantely been on the shelf for 3 weeks...shop keep couldn't believe it.

Wow, 3 weeks is a long time on the shelf for a bottle of CEHTBP, assuming it even makes it to the shelf.  Congratulations on finding one.

1)  Larceny 92 proof.

2) Knob Creek Single Barrel.  This is the one that really intrigues me.  If was a barrel selected by Packages & More a local liquor store.  It is 13 years & 9 months and 120 proof.

I purchased an Early Times 354 for $15 and a friend of mine paid a bet he lost on the college national championship by giving me a 1.75L of Buffalo Trace.  Was a good day for bourbon.  I think that I am done purchasing for awhile, I have built back up my supply of daily sippers and BIBs.  Gonna try to drink what I have before purchasing more...unless there is a great deal or I spot a unicorn at MSRP.

17 hours ago, stoopsie said:

I have seen them at Total wine in Laurelba592f603f95be07d0c51f188a9a4bde.jpg

Looks interesting. Wondering how they are? Anyone?

11 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Have one open now. Veeeeeery similar to HH 6yr BIB. Drinkable neat for sure but I use it more often in cocktails. Mine was $17.99 but if you have a choice take the HH White Label all day at $11. 

3 minutes ago, Old Dusty said:

Have one open now. Veeeeeery similar to HH 6yr BIB. Drinkable neat for sure but I use it more often in cocktails. Mine was $17.99 but if you have a choice take the HH White Label all day at $11. 

Thanks. Do not get HH around here.

On 1/26/2017 at 9:53 PM, Justin said:

Nice, Any chance you might share whereabouts  in md?

Total Wine Corridor.

Yesterday, grabbed another 10 year single barrel barrel proof SAOS bourbon, at just under 98 proof. $58. They had both 10 and 11 year barrels and both just under 100 proof. I buy 'em when I see 'em, unless they're the regular $70 price.

anymore, just give me any HH bond, or any barrel proof MGP adequately aged stuff, and I'm happy

Where are you that you can find the 11 on the shelf?

2 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

Classic HH.  Somewhere between old EWSB and Henry McKenna 10 SB, but a bit younger.  I think it is a good deal at $21.99, even though that is a bit higher than other areas.  If this went on sale $15-$17, I'd have a hard time not buying a case or two.

52 minutes ago, garbanzobean said:

Classic HH.  Somewhere between old EWSB and Henry McKenna 10 SB, but a bit younger.  I think it is a good deal at $21.99, even though that is a bit higher than other areas.  If this went on sale $15-$17, I'd have a hard time not buying a case or two.

Cool, thanks. Could you compare it to Old Forester 86?

32 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Cool, thanks. Could you compare it to Old Forester 86?

Not offhand, no.  Its probably been 10 years since I've had lower proof Old Fo.  I have an Old Forester Signature I'll probably open after this one goes to the great beyond (doesn't seem like it'll last too long), which might be a fairer comparison.  No idea how old it is, but at least it is a similar proof.  The EWSB 2005 I compared it to the other night fared really poorly, that was for sure.  Hands down the weakest barrel of that I've ever tried.  I think it would be instructive to compare OE 7/101 to HHBIB 6 yr, but I don't have any offhand.

9 minutes ago, garbanzobean said:

Not offhand, no.  Its probably been 10 years since I've had lower proof Old Fo.  I have an Old Forester Signature I'll probably open after this one goes to the great beyond (doesn't seem like it'll last too long), which might be a fairer comparison.  No idea how old it is, but at least it is a similar proof.  The EWSB 2005 I compared it to the other night fared really poorly, that was for sure.  Hands down the weakest barrel of that I've ever tried.  I think it would be instructive to compare OE 7/101 to HHBIB 6 yr, but I don't have any offhand.

Love OF Sig. Thanks for all your help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.