What bourbon did you purchase today (winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a couple bottles today. I can not remember the last time that I had a bottle of WT101. I have it all the time, but have not had a bottle at home in forever. The Heaven Hill is a good cheap mixer.

pics.jpg

is that HH BiB?  I don't see it on label anywhere.  is there a difference from this white label HH and the gold label one that, from memory, looks the same?  

4 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Can't beat that price. Congrats. 

That's a helluva steal and the willett is great, not that great though.

1 hour ago, Dgriffin said:

Picked up a couple bottles today. I can not remember the last time that I had a bottle of WT101. I have it all the time, but have not had a bottle at home in forever. The Heaven Hill is a good cheap mixer.

pics.jpg

Nice. Two of my favorites, although I then HH BiB is fine served straight, too. 

51 minutes ago, bourbs bro said:

is that HH BiB?  I don't see it on label anywhere.  is there a difference from this white label HH and the gold label one that, from memory, looks the same?  

That's not the BiB, it looks to be 80 proof.  The bonded version says BiB at the top of the the lower label.

Thanks to a fellow SB'r, these two came home yesterday. Now i can start making Sazeracs again without worrying so much about running out.

20170129_141719_001-747x1328.jpg

14 minutes ago, Nm0369 said:

That's not the BiB, it looks to be 80 proof.  The bonded version says BiB at the top of the the lower label.

is that the same as this?  i've seen this gold label around me, but never white label.

bf9f6f4abaa00f2b863ef822129fd5ae072fbd1e

36 minutes ago, JNeff33 said:

That's a helluva steal and the willett is great, not that great though.

The Willett 3 yo Rye is maybe a little too young, i have a 2 yo Rye and a 8 yo Rye by Willett, The 8 yo is delicious. 

Enjoy your 2016 SmB ! 

Cheers!

Will

9 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

The Willett 3 yo Rye is maybe a little too young, i have a 2 yo Rye and a 8 yo Rye by Willett, The 8 yo is delicious. 

Enjoy your 2016 SmB ! 

Cheers!

Will

The 2 and 3 yo Willett is distilled by Willett. The 8 yo is sourced. I think their 3 yo is a step up from the 2 yo but still has that young, harsh, grassiness a bit.

Picked up a Bakers, Eagle Rare store pick and a Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit store pick. My first Wild Turkey purchase. Excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, stoopsie said:

That's a different shape OF SB than the ones I bought in Montgomery county. That Sweden a little odd.

2b56fbdd592c154bbf4a5324015787bf.jpg

18 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Yeah, Howie, I was thinking the same thing. I feel sure it is what it says it is and it's $10 cheaper than the MoCo bottle. Unfortunately, the guy who picked it for the store (Wells) was on vacation so I couldn't ask about the pick. They couldn't even tell me how old it was. They still have a number of bottles so my thinking was to try it a bunch over the next couple of weeks and figure out if it's worth grabbing a few more. We can do a SBS of this and one of your MoCo bottles if you'd like. 

Old Forester is transitioning their Single Barrel label to the same bottle they are using for the Whiskey Row series. 

11 minutes ago, flahute said:

Old Forester is transitioning their Single Barrel label to the same bottle they are using for the Whiskey Row series. 

Thanks for the intelligence, Steve!

3 hours ago, poli_sci_prof said:

Nice. Two of my favorites, although I then HH BiB is fine served straight, too.

I would love to try the HH Bib, but it is not available around me. The HH I got is the 80 proof.

2 hours ago, poli_sci_prof said:

Picked up my first bottle of Elijah Craig NAS yesterday. 

DSC06650.JPG

Just grabbed my first bottle  about a month ago.  Grabbed a few more since .  One of my favorites.

ETL and ER10 at retail.  I've always been able to easily find the latter until the last month or so.  Had recently polished one off, opened a new one to replace it and thought I'd grab one for the bunker.

15 hours ago, poli_sci_prof said:

Picked up my first bottle of Elijah Craig NAS yesterday. 

DSC06650.JPG

Very nice. What do ya think of it?

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 3:52 PM, JT3NSB said:

Yesterday was a good day. 

IMG_5702.JPG

A good day indeed! Somebody most have had these tucked behind the counter for awhile to be able to grab a 2013 ER and a 2015 Stagg!

51 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

A good day indeed! Somebody most have had these tucked behind the counter for awhile to be able to grab a 2013 ER and a 2015 Stagg!

actually, someone needed some cash and thankfully was reasonable with their price!

9 minutes ago, JT3NSB said:

actually, someone needed some cash and thankfully was reasonable with their price!

Well, that would indeed explain the older bottles I suppose!

I was able to rummage around the back room of a liquor store today.  No true dusties or LE's, but it was still fun to look.  The owner is selling the store and gave pretty good cash prices.  I restrained myself to this meager purchase.  $25 each for the EC12 and $12 for the lonely WSR 7yr.  If you're local and want details PM me.

IMG_0473.JPG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.