What bourbon did you purchase today (winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up 2 bottles of Elmer T. Lee.  They were $35 each, before tax. 

I thought that to be a good price, so I bought one for now and one for later.

2 bottles of eagle rare 10 year. 1 half pint of makers mark. Ha. Had to try it. I actually like it ok!

Actually went out looking for some glasses and ended up with . . . 

Weller-Special-Reserve.png   and   images

Oh yeah, and some glassware too.  Hey, I can't drink it straight from the bottle, that's crude and crass.:)

Yesterday was a good day. 
IMG_5702.JPG

Oh yea! Congrats on having a great day[emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stopped by Goody Goody and picked up a Rebel Yell Small Batch, Very Old Barton and Eagle Rare 10 Yr.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

So I had made up my mind to buy the Willet 3 yr rye so I could finally try it. I went to a store that had ETL the week prior for a decent enough price, grabbed the Willet going for $49.99 & take it to the checkout counter. I quickly scan the shelf behind the counter and spotted something ...

Me: What's that Four Roses on the shelf over there?

The clerk shows it to me & it's the first SmB LE I've ever seen in the wild! It's a 2016.

Me: How much is that?

"Let me scan it" she says

(I'm thinking anything up to $200 & I'm definitely biting...I've been looking for this for 4 frck'n years with zero luck)

Clerk: "$53.99" fa29fad5205c73e1e08cf586b55053f6.jpg[emoji15]

Me: Hmmm, I'll get that one instead. [emoji851]

ER10 1.75L for $60 and OFSiB PS for $45, both before tax. I had a taste of the OFSiB in the store and it was good, not great. I only bought one bottle since I was away from home. 

IMG_2543.JPG

Haven't seen ER10 around here in a while, walked in today and the store manager said he had something for me....an ER10...good deal I snagged it to add to the bunker along with a Sam adams IPA variety pack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, Charlutz said:

ER10 1.75L for $60 and OFSiB PS for $45, both before tax. I had a taste of the OFSiB in the store and it was good, not great. I only bought one bottle since I was away from home. 

IMG_2543.JPG

Very Nice!

IMG_2543.JPG

That's a different shape OF SB than the ones I bought in Montgomery county. That Sweden a little odd.

2b56fbdd592c154bbf4a5324015787bf.jpg

9 hours ago, grantsi said:

Where are you that you can find the 11 on the shelf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there are a couple shops around here that have some. At one, I grabbed the last 11 year bottle a few weeks ago, then at another store, found about a dozen 10 and 11 year barrel proofers sitting on a shelf. All are just under 100 proof.

Also saw three shops with the 10 year/100 proof SAOS. aren't these d/c'ed? A friend loves them, so I pointed out all the locations to him.

they also had an 11yr saos cask strength, but it was only like 48%... I always hear everyone talking about how low proof SAOS CS are... so i was really surprised to see this.

just cracked the HPR for the first time... I really really like it...reminds me a ton of blantons but a little younger, but i feel like that makes it more heat-y ...anyways, like it a great deal.

bPyIDH0.jpg

1 hour ago, Charlutz said:

IMG_2543.JPG

NIce Pickup

2 hours ago, gusto16 said:

So I had made up my mind to buy the Willet 3 yr rye so I could finally try it. I went to a store that had ETL the week prior for a decent enough price, grabbed the Willet going for $49.99 & take it to the checkout counter. I quickly scan the shelf behind the counter and spotted something ...

The clerk shows it to me & it's the first SmB LE I've ever seen in the wild! It's a 2016.

(I'm thinking anything up to $200 & I'm definitely biting...I've been looking for this for 4 frck'n years with zero luck)

Clerk: "$53.99" fa29fad5205c73e1e08cf586b55053f6.jpgemoji15.png

Me: Hmmm, I'll get that one instead. emoji851.png

What a great story.  I wonder what they thought it was when they priced it.  

1 hour ago, stoopsie said:

That's a different shape OF SB than the ones I bought in Montgomery county. That Sweden a little odd.

2b56fbdd592c154bbf4a5324015787bf.jpg

Yeah, Howie, I was thinking the same thing. I feel sure it is what it says it is and it's $10 cheaper than the MoCo bottle. Unfortunately, the guy who picked it for the store (Wells) was on vacation so I couldn't ask about the pick. They couldn't even tell me how old it was. They still have a number of bottles so my thinking was to try it a bunch over the next couple of weeks and figure out if it's worth grabbing a few more. We can do a SBS of this and one of your MoCo bottles if you'd like. 

Edited by Charlutz

Is this big enough to be a MDSBG, Wells vs MoCo OFSB challenge? Or should we keep it smaller and go mano y mano at your place. [emoji12]

18 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

Yesterday was a good day. 

IMG_5702.JPG

15' Stagg, that's the stuff! Congrats, very good day indeed.

Will

14 hours ago, gusto16 said:

Clerk: "$53.99" fa29fad5205c73e1e08cf586b55053f6.jpgemoji15.png

Me: Hmmm, I'll get that one instead. emoji851.png

Can't beat that price. Congrats. 

4 hours ago, stoopsie said:

Is this big enough to be a MDSBG, Wells vs MoCo OFSB challenge? Or should we keep it smaller and go mano y mano at your place. emoji12.png

I'm good either way but a little busy this week, so maybe next? Let's discuss in pm. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.