What bourbon are you enjoying (spring 2017)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last night after starting off with the OC8 I progressed on and opened a bottle of OFBIB which I then had a couple of pours from.

Started the UK basketball game with this. Tastes lousy. Probably because UK plays lousy right now.

93c367537674dd1117d144b881cc85da.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Let's see if OWA gets the Cats in gear.

aee1d7d73aa5b4e0bcc1ef1aaf79cd53.jpg

We need something to get U.K. In gear. I live in NC and hate how this is going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had a small pour of SAOS 11 yr while doing some chores in the kitchen, this stuff is good. Vanilla, caramel oak, smooth for a bottle at nearly 110 proof.

We need something to get U.K. In gear. I live in NC and hate how this is going!

OK,@Hop All I can say is that we had three studs on the bench for most of the half, the refs look one-sided, Mulder is 0 for 50, and we are only down by five. I'll take that.

Now, a storm came in and messed up satellite dish at my father-in-law's, so we are now back at my house. SBers, you call my next pour. Maybe you all can get UK back in the game.

OK,@Hop All I can say is that we had three studs on the bench for most of the half, the refs look one-sided, Mulder is 0 for 50, and we are only down by five. I'll take that.

Now, a storm came in and messed up satellite dish at my father-in-law's, so we are now back at my house. SBers, you call my next pour. Maybe you all can get UK back in the game.

Agree on all points! The main reason I don't have satellite was those kind of issues. If a bird farted close to the dish the signal was interrupted!

The calls or lack of in this game so far are horrible!

We got this though

As for the next pour pull the highest proof bourbon you have and go with that

Damn it,@Hop Willis is now on the floor. I think this is my highest proof bourbon. I am already hoarse. Come on Wildcats!

544327ddfe0fe4a4c296245bc7067451.jpg

Damn it,@Hop Willis is now on the floor. I think this is my highest proof bourbon. I am already hoarse. Come on Wildcats!

544327ddfe0fe4a4c296245bc7067451.jpg

Officiating is fine, quit whining. [emoji3] Your next pour should be some Maker's from one of the U of L bottles. [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using Tapatalk

Jackson playing hero ball is the best thing that could happen for UK.

That commercial for VW that just played during the game was the greatest ever!

That commercial for VW that just played during the game was the greatest ever!

Can't believe they show that before 9pm.

Went with a pour of 4R OESQ before the final buzzer. Not the best showing for KY but NC played their butts off to win it. Now I pull for the Zags

Just had my first poor of the Maker's 46 Private Select Barrel #3. Bought it for the Mocha staves and you can really tell it. Nice thick feel on the tongue & a bittersweet chocolate with a little spice. I'm really liking this one. Next up, a pour of Barrel 2.1. I'll let you know how it tastes.

On to Barrel #2.1. Definitely more spice than Barrel #3. Dryer on the tongue & with the finish. Reminds me somewhat of Eagle Rare. Like it but Barrel #3 gets my vote.

The proof on these is 110.2 for Barrel #3 & 111.5 for Barrel #2.1. However neither has a burning finish, just a nice warmth.

Just finished up the Sunday chores and now sitting down with some 4R OESO.  The bottle is down to about a quarter full and has been open a couple years, so it's bound for bottle-kill status over the next few weeks.

16 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

On to Barrel #2.1. Definitely more spice than Barrel #3. Dryer on the tongue & with the finish. Reminds me somewhat of Eagle Rare. Like it but Barrel #3 gets my vote.

Glad to read your thoughts.  I picked up those two as well.  I really like the mocha staves as well.

10 of us on my street are getting drunk on Old Forester 1920, celebrating UK.

Greetings and Salutations 

Just poured a little nip of this old sport right here. I think I prefer Knob Creek Single Barrel to Russell Reserve 10 Years. I love the texture and viscosity of KCSB. Not to say RR10 isn't good. Just that I had both last night and came to the conclusion that I preferred this one.

Cheers.

unnamed-1.thumb.jpg.ec9f219ef6c73bc954f8827922dc3cfa.jpg

Edited by Government Beard

38 minutes ago, kyrocklover said:

Glad to read your thoughts.  I picked up those two as well.  I really like the mocha staves as well.

Yeah, I was amazed that they imparted that much of the flavor to the Maker's.  I'm going to enjoy this one and probably be sad when it is empty.

33 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

10 of us on my street are getting drunk on Old Forester 1920, celebrating UK.

31 minutes ago, Kyjd75 said:

Whatever I can find after that last half-second shot by UNC . . .

Just pick your favorite pour to drown your sorrows.  It's what I did last week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.